Windows 10: Folders created in in outlook mail app for android are not being created in win10 mail app...

Discus and support Folders created in in outlook mail app for android are not being created in win10 mail app... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Folders created in outlook mail app for android are not being created in win10 mail app and fails to add the folder manually It works on the 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kjl1956, Dec 1, 2020.

1. kjl1956 Win User

Folders created in in outlook mail app for android are not being created in win10 mail app...

Folders created in outlook mail app for android are not being created in win10 mail app and fails to add the folder manually

It works on the 3 android devices I own with no issues.

:)

kjl1956, Dec 1, 2020
  2. vallero Win User

cannot create folders in windows mail app

when I go to 'more' in the mail app and click + a dialog display appears however when I enter the name of a new folder and click enter it appears momentarily in the folder list then disappears and a message appears at the top screen saying that the action could not be completed. I have tried the suggestions from the windows help site but nothing works. it appears that my only solution is to uninstall and reinstall the app, however that is not possible because I don't want to lose all my e-mails and accounts.
    I think that the problem is definitely with the app and not some weird Windows thing because I can create new folders with my Gmail account.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks in advance

vallero, Dec 1, 2020
  3. AndreTen Win User
    cannot create folders in windows mail app

That would be my suggestion. try IMAP, if it's available. Should be, just ask for instructions, or maybe they are available at providers site *Smile

Edit: to make it clear... in applications like Outlook, and many others, you can create folders even when using POP3 protocol, but those are local folders and you would have to manually put the messages in them. Mail app doesn't have local folders, just the same structure as your mail providers account.

AndreTen, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Ron2017 Win User

Folders created in in outlook mail app for android are not being created in win10 mail app...

Creating Folders in Office 10 Mail

What more do you need you know? I'm using Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app, version 17.8119.42377.0 on a brand new HP computer. Windows support has suggested using a procedure of clicking on a + next to folders, but that is for Outlook Mail. Next they
    instructed my to add folders to my Cox POP/IMAP account, assuring me that these new Cox account based folders would display in Mail once the apps sync'd. Guess what, no folders in Mail but they are active in Cox.

Never worked. No error messages. No sync. I can find new messages on Mail, open my Cox account and move them to a newly Created Saved Mail folder and they disappear for Mail, but remain intact within the Cox folder. Windows just can't find them.

What else can Microsoft possible need to know?

Guru was referring to an OUTLOOK Mail app. I would love to dig out my old computer and go back to an older version of Windows with Outlook. Does Microsoft offer refunds?

Has ANYBODY successfully created folders in your internet provider POP/IMAP account and been able to display usable folders on Windows 10 Mail and Calendar? I'm dying to read step by step instructions.

Ron2017, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Folders created in in outlook mail app for android are not being created in win10 mail app... - Similar Threads - Folders created outlook

2. Creating folders in Microsoft Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating folders in Microsoft Mail: I am unable to create folders in Microsoft mail. When I click on my email address, then More, there is no plus sign next to the All Folders. Can you please help....
  3. Creating folders in Microsoft Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating folders in Microsoft Mail: I am unable to create folders in Microsoft mail. When I click on my email address, then More, there is no plus sign next to the All Folders. Can you please help....
  4. Creating Folders in Windows Mail

Creating Folders in Windows Mail: I have repeatedly followed the instructions previously offered on this forum as to how folders can be created in Windows Mail App. However, no + sign appears next to 'All Folders' after I click my account then click 'More'. Why is there no + sign? Also, it seems that there...
  5. Outlook's sign-in to the Win10 mail app.

Outlook's sign-in to the Win10 mail app.: My outlook can't be signed in on the win10 mail app. I'm here two places in the circle [ATTACH] That's it if you log in. [ATTACH] Chinese meaning: this account is already assisted It's available to log in with IMAP, but you can't get mail. [ATTACH]This means:...
  6. Created an account in Outlook it showed up only in the mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Created an account in Outlook it showed up only in the mail app: I work for a small IT company, one of our clients recently upgraded her windows 7 machine to windows 10. She called asking me to add a second account to her Outlook. After what seemed like several failed attempts I noticed that she got pop up from the mail app when I sent her...
  7. Create a Contact from a received email, Win10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create a Contact from a received email, Win10 Mail App: How do you add a person to your Contacts/People from their email? Until a few months ago , I could click on their icon or email address in their email to me, and it would be saved. Now, if I click on their email address, I just get an option to save the link. I have to...
  8. Creating folders in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating folders in Windows Mail: I have searched for instructions to add folders to Windows Mail. All say to click on the + by All Folders. I have no +. I have checked for updates. Now I am at loss. Thank you....
  9. cannot create folders in windows mail app

in Browsers and Email
    cannot create folders in windows mail app: when I go to 'more' in the mail app and click + a dialog display appears however when I enter the name of a new folder and click enter it appears momentarily in the folder list then disappears and a message appears at the top screen saying that the action could not be...
  10. cannot create a new folder in Mail app

cannot create a new folder in Mail app: when I click the + sign a box appears to enter a name for a new folder. When I press enter the new folder momentarily displays in the folder list then disappears, a moment later a message appears at the top of the screen saying that the folder could not be created, and the...