Windows 10: Folders Default

Discus and support Folders Default in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can I have all folders, including new ones set to Details ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DP1954, Sep 14, 2019.

1. DP1954 Win User

Folders Default

Can I have all folders, including new ones set to Details ?

:)

DP1954, Sep 14, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Sep 25, 2019
  4. mrgeek Win User

Folders Default

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Folders Default

1. Folders Default - Similar Threads - Folders Default

2. How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?: How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-default-save-folder-and-file/40bf232b-cdab-4115-ade2-72961e3f4ec7
  3. How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?: How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-default-save-folder-and-file/40bf232b-cdab-4115-ade2-72961e3f4ec7
  4. OneDrive Documents folder is not successfully restored to Default after unlinking - how to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Documents folder is not successfully restored to Default after unlinking - how to...: In Windows 11, I was not signed into One Drive, I did not want to use it to backup my Documents folder.I only discovered by accident that my documents folder was contained inside the One Drive Drive path. I attempted to restore defaults but that generated an error message....
  5. OneDrive Documents folder is not successfully restored to Default after unlinking - how to...

OneDrive Documents folder is not successfully restored to Default after unlinking - how to...: In Windows 11, I was not signed into One Drive, I did not want to use it to backup my Documents folder.I only discovered by accident that my documents folder was contained inside the One Drive Drive path. I attempted to restore defaults but that generated an error message....
  6. I scan a file but not save in default folder in document /My scan, msg show no permission...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I scan a file but not save in default folder in document /My scan, msg show no permission...: Screen shot Attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-scan-a-file-but-not-save-in-default-folder-in/0625891b-b953-4668-8ad1-bb235ef997ec
  7. I scan a file but not save in default folder in document /My scan, msg show no permission...

I scan a file but not save in default folder in document /My scan, msg show no permission...: Screen shot Attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-scan-a-file-but-not-save-in-default-folder-in/0625891b-b953-4668-8ad1-bb235ef997ec
  8. Media Folder Defaults Automatic Behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Folder Defaults Automatic Behavior: I work a lot with media files. I set folders to sort by 'type'. If I make a change in the name or location of the folder, the folder 'sot by' reverts to default media items like 'album'. How can I stop this behavior?...
  9. Media Folder Defaults Automatic Behavior

Media Folder Defaults Automatic Behavior: I work a lot with media files. I set folders to sort by 'type'. If I make a change in the name or location of the folder, the folder 'sot by' reverts to default media items like 'album'. How can I stop this behavior?...
  10. All my folders are called 'Documents' and I can't change them back to default settings.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my folders are called 'Documents' and I can't change them back to default settings.: Can anyone help me fix this? They all say 'Documents' and whenever I try to change the location on one to Videos, Music, Pictures or Documents it changes them all to the same thing, and I can't change the name on any of them so they are all called 'Documents'.I have no...