Windows 10: Folders disappearing last night when I turned off my laptop

Discus and support Folders disappearing last night when I turned off my laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I have a problem when I decided to finish up my pre-lab for my classes and shut off the laptop, and booted it this morning all of my folders have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlexanderPham2, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Folders disappearing last night when I turned off my laptop

Hello I have a problem when I decided to finish up my pre-lab for my classes and shut off the laptop, and booted it this morning all of my folders have disappeared. Whenever I try to access any of the folders on the desktop on quick access it gives me an error. Location is not available and tells me that if the location is on the pc make sure it's connected the device or drive is connected or the disc is connected. I have tried this and it did not work as it was already connected and I restarted multiple times to see if it fixed the issue it hasn't.

:)

AlexanderPham2, Nov 28, 2020
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

Folders disappearing last night when I turned off my laptop upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Night Mode

Hi David,

Additional information will give us a clarity to your concern. We would like to know if you are referring to Night Light. If yes, follow these steps to turn off the Night Light:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Make sure that you are on Display tab, and then toggle the
      Night Light
      option to Off.
    • Click on Night light settings.
    • Click on Turn off now button.

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Folders disappearing last night when I turned off my laptop

Disappearance of the list of folders.

Hi Thomas,

There are various factors why your folders may disappear. It is possible that your folders were deleted, hidden, or move where they are saved before. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you allow someone to use your computer?
    • Have you tried checking if those folders are hidden?
    • Have you tried checking your Recycle Bin?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Folders disappearing last night when I turned off my laptop

1. Folders disappearing last night when I turned off my laptop - Similar Threads - Folders disappearing last

2. I turned off my computer for the night, and when i turned it back on in the morning, it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turned off my computer for the night, and when i turned it back on in the morning, it...: It ust shows a blue screen, with a big samsung logo in the middle, an intel logo in the bottom right side, and it says "F2 Setup F4 Recovery". I've been pressing F12 since i know that it was the button to skip any menu that popped up after starting apart from the regular...
  3. I turned off my computer for the night, and when i turned it back on in the morning, it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I turned off my computer for the night, and when i turned it back on in the morning, it...: It ust shows a blue screen, with a big samsung logo in the middle, an intel logo in the bottom right side, and it says "F2 Setup F4 Recovery". I've been pressing F12 since i know that it was the button to skip any menu that popped up after starting apart from the regular...
  4. I turned off my computer for the night, and when i turned it back on in the morning, it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Asus notebook won't turn on after an update and turn off last night.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus notebook won't turn on after an update and turn off last night.: Updated and shutdown last night. It initially turned on, sipped my coffee, it was off. Now there's no lights, noise or visuals on the screen. Won't even light up to say it's on charge.Advice for someone working on the road who does not have the capacity to remove a battery?...
  6. Asus notebook won't turn on after an update and turn off last night.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus notebook won't turn on after an update and turn off last night.: Updated and shutdown last night. It initially turned on, sipped my coffee, it was off. Now there's no lights, noise or visuals on the screen. Won't even light up to say it's on charge.Advice for someone working on the road who does not have the capacity to remove a battery?...
  7. Asus notebook won't turn on after an update and turn off last night.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. When I turn on my laptop, Night Light turns on for half a minute, then turns off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I turn on my laptop, Night Light turns on for half a minute, then turns off.: I tried turning it on again and it says it's on when it's not. This happened after I updated my computer, the previous version was 1709, the one I updated to was 1809. Please help, my eyes are looking at an awfully blue-lit screen. [ATTACH]...
  9. Last night I hibernated the laptop and this morning when I tried to turn it on, this...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Last night I hibernated the laptop and this morning when I tried to turn it on, this...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/joziel_lara [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gv7574/last_night_i_hibernated_the_laptop_and_this/
  10. Laptop has been slow. Turned it off last night and turning it on now to see this. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop has been slow. Turned it off last night and turning it on now to see this. What do I do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jacko0506 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eqyal9/laptop_has_been_slow_turned_it_off_last_night_and/