Windows 10: Folders does not open

Discus and support Folders does not open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good day. I have two profiles on my Windows 10,. One the administrator and the other a normal profile. The folders (documents, downloads, music,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Roelan Pretorius, May 28, 2019.

1. Folders does not open

Good day.

I have two profiles on my Windows 10,. One the administrator and the other a normal profile.

The folders (documents, downloads, music, pictures, video, personal folder) on the administrator profile does not want to open at all, but I am able to open these folders from the normal profile side.

Please can someone assist me in getting this fixed in order to access the folders from the administrator profile side.

Thank you

:)

Roelan Pretorius, May 28, 2019
  2. Jacko28 Win User

Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, May 28, 2019
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, May 28, 2019
  4. Folders does not open

Can't open folders on desktop

Hello David,

System file corruption is one of the possible causes of this issue. For us to isolate and assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• What exactly happens when you try to open folder?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking this article and follow the
    steps to automatically diagnose and repair problems with files and folders in Windows.

We're looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Folders does not open

1. Folders does not open - Similar Threads - Folders does open

2. Why does window 11 always open a new folder for the same folder that is already opened?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does window 11 always open a new folder for the same folder that is already opened?: So I click on a folder on my desktop windows 11, after a while I minimize it and forget that it was opened. So I click the folder in the desktop and instead of bringing up the already open folder, it just creates a new one. By the end of the day I release that I have 8 of the...
  3. Why does window 11 always open a new folder for the same folder that is already opened?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does window 11 always open a new folder for the same folder that is already opened?: So I click on a folder on my desktop windows 11, after a while I minimize it and forget that it was opened. So I click the folder in the desktop and instead of bringing up the already open folder, it just creates a new one. By the end of the day I release that I have 8 of the...
  4. Folders does not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders does not open: I have a issue that occurs on standart user. Can't get in "My PC" or "File Explorer". When I try to open it black screen flashes and every app restarts. I am able to open folders in Safe Mode. Maybe it's not related but I can open it Standart User's Steam Account. When I say...
  5. Folders does not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders does not open: I have a issue that occurs on standart user. Can't get in "My PC" or "File Explorer". When I try to open it black screen flashes and every app restarts. I am able to open folders in Safe Mode. Maybe it's not related but I can open it Standart User's Steam Account. When I say...
  6. Folders does not open

7. In what folder does Edge store open tabs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In what folder does Edge store open tabs?: I backed up %localappdata%\Microsoft\Edge\User Data before reinstalling Windows and I got back my bookmarks and passwords, but I'm struggling to get back the last session of opened tabs before the reinstall. I found the History file and opened it with 'DB Browser for SQLite',...
  8. In what folder does Edge store open tabs?

In what folder does Edge store open tabs?: I backed up %localappdata%\Microsoft\Edge\User Data before reinstalling Windows and I got back my bookmarks and passwords, but I'm struggling to get back the last session of opened tabs before the reinstall. I found the History file and opened it with 'DB Browser for SQLite',...
  9. In what folder does Edge store open tabs?

10. clicking desktop folder does not open the folder

clicking desktop folder does not open the folder: I have set up a desktop folder with shortcuts to files I use frequently. But when I double-click on this folder, file explorer opens to Quick Access instead of directly to the contents of the folder. How do I fix this? I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.19042. Thanks....