Windows 10: Folders have no content

Discus and support Folders have no content in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; None of the folders in Windows Mail that I keep moving mail into have content. Does that mean those messages are just "gone"? [Original subject:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DonHorner, Aug 30, 2019.

1. DonHorner Win User

Folders have no content

None of the folders in Windows Mail that I keep moving mail into have content. Does that mean those messages are just "gone"?

[Original subject: Windows Mail]

:)

DonHorner, Aug 30, 2019

2. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Aug 30, 2019
  3. RCNorth Win User
    how to print list of contents in a folder?

The Source drive is 2 TB, formatted in 2 partitions.

What I want to do is copy & paste (or move) the contents of a drive to another 1 TB drive,

to prepare for changing the size of the first partition on the Source drive.

I also want to do this a few megabytes at a time (instead of several GB) to allow for personal breaks. (instead of 23 hours)

My steps so far:

a. choose a folder or a folder within a folder, then - b.
    print the list of folders (and or files) in that selected folder.

Then,

c. choose a folder (on a different drive on the same machine), then - d.
    Print the list of contents on that drive

e. Visually compare the lists (I don't want to lose any files.)

Having found the "remaining items" on Disk one,

f. select some and copy - g. view the proper folder on Disk two - h. Paste

Repeat 1 & 2, until the partition on Disk One is empty

4. When the steps above are completed,

i Delete the partition on Disk One - j. Expand the other partition on Disk One to the whole disk

RCNorth, Aug 30, 2019
  4. meebers Win User

Folders have no content

RetailDemo Offline Content?

Was cleaning up my 10162 install using cleanmgr. One option on the list was "RetailDemo Offline Content", it was 100MB. Not sure what this is, before I delete it. Suggestions?

meebers, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Folders have no content

1. Folders have no content - Similar Threads - Folders content

2. how to move contents of many folders to one folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to move contents of many folders to one folder?: Is there any way to move/copy just the contents that are in many folders on winders just to one folder that is on another drive? submitted by /u/man_wif-waluigi-hed [link] [comments]...
  3. Can I delete the contents of this folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I delete the contents of this folder: Und On my C:\ drive I have a folder called Windows 10 Upgrade. Can the contents of this folder be deleted as it contains 20.0GB? I can't remember it being there before 20Hi 2004 install....
  4. Permission Denied when attempting to delete the contents of a folder from "Bash on Ubuntu...

Permission Denied when attempting to delete the contents of a folder from "Bash on Ubuntu...: sudo rm -r ~/www.gegnet.com.br/~noc/pub/datacom/Logs rm: cannot remove 'Logs/nova/index.html?C=S;O=A': Permission denied rm: cannot remove 'Logs/nova/miner_1-1_192-168-0-20_2019-05-24_18-53-45.tar.gz': Permission denied In an elavated (admin) powershell I enter wsl -u...
  5. The content of my "Downloads" folder under "This PC" is different from that under "Users".

The content of my "Downloads" folder under "This PC" is different from that under "Users".: When I download some documents, I can only see them when opening the "Downloads" folder from "This PC > Windows C: > Users > William my username > Downloads", but couldn't see them if just click the shortcut on my desktop, which is opened from "This PC > Downloads". As you...
  6. Windows explorer not showing contents of my local Onedrive folder

Windows explorer not showing contents of my local Onedrive folder: I saved 2 files 1 PPT, 1 xlsx to a folder that's synced with Onedrive. When I look for them with Windows Explorer, they don't show up. I double-checked them in Powerpoint and Excel, and confirmed that I indeed saved them to the right folder, but I simply couldn't see them...
  7. Make Contents of Folder be an image

Make Contents of Folder be an image: I have an HP Pavillion laptop, and the recovery folder has no files, but the HP logo, and some text warning about the folder. How is it possible to hide the folder contents, and show a background image like the HP Recovery folder?...
  8. File Explorer is showing a folder and its contents twice. How do I fix?

File Explorer is showing a folder and its contents twice. How do I fix?: I have a folder that and its contents that appears twice. Since I have multiple drives I was concerned that somehow that I might be some how putting files on different drives or different folders which could explain file loss misplacement . [ATTACH]...
  9. Folder contents not updating when new files are created

Folder contents not updating when new files are created: Whenever an application creates new files, the files are not shown until I manually refresh the folder contents (F5). Typical scenario is downloading a file with Chrome. After the download finishes, I click "show in folder" and my Downloads folder opens (or is activated if...
  10. Windows 10 folder contents view options

Windows 10 folder contents view options: I was wondering how to turn off the folder contents "organization" nonesense. Today, Earlier This Week, Last Week, Earlier This Month, Last Month, Last year, A long time ago. It's super annoying. I just want to be able to sort by file type or date modified etc... without...