Windows 10: Folders in file explorer

Discus and support Folders in file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] just a quick question in the image i’ve taken how do i download folders or files like this so if i download a iso it will show like this but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SeanMcNamara26, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Folders in file explorer

Folders in file explorer 085aba5c-ee4f-4ecc-a259-d245f5af96d1?upload=true.jpg

just a quick question in the image i’ve taken how do i download folders or files like this so if i download a iso it will show like this but it will have iso writen on it in the corner so these are zip files they have the letter z the guy was downloading a iso on to the desktop but it come out like this in the image.

:)

SeanMcNamara26, Apr 7, 2021

2. Files remain in original folder after moving them to new folder in file explorer

Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the File Explorer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you reset the folder settings from the
    Folder Options. This will reboot the folder’s preferences to its default state and remove any possible software conflict. To do this, you may follow these steps:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and press
      Enter
    • On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View.
    • Under the Folder views section, click Reset Folders, and then select
      Yes to confirm.
    • Once you’re done, click OK, and then check if the issue persists.

Note: This process will remove the list of files that you recently opened.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Apr 7, 2021
  3. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Kreij Win User

Folders in file explorer

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Folders in file explorer

1. Folders in file explorer - Similar Threads - Folders file explorer

2. file explorer --- file folder order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer --- file folder order: What option do I have to set so that when I list the files / folders in documents that the filesare firstt, on top of the subfolders, and I then the files are listed in descending order...
  3. file explorer --- file folder order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer --- file folder order: What option do I have to set so that when I list the files / folders in documents that the filesare firstt, on top of the subfolders, and I then the files are listed in descending order...
  4. file explorer folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer folder: I just noticed the following folder in File Explorer. What is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-folder/b5d88c0c-cffa-481c-bca0-5f742d4576e2
  5. file explorer folder

file explorer folder: I just noticed the following folder in File Explorer. What is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-folder/b5d88c0c-cffa-481c-bca0-5f742d4576e2
  6. Root folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Root folder in File Explorer: I am using File Explorer on Windows 11 Pro.I have this folder: C\Users\user\workspace in the address bar of File Explorer. C:\Users\user corresponds to the home folder of the user 'user'.Starting from that folder, I press the button with the arrow pointing upward "go to...
  7. Linux folder in File Explorer

Linux folder in File Explorer: Hello. I got a Linux folder here. I don't know what it is or where it came from, I don't know what it's for. How do I get rid of it?When you click on Properties, this error appears....
  8. Folder/File sorting in file explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Folder/File sorting in file explorer: I have changed the "view' option many times but still can't accomplish what I want. In all cases I want to view folders first, sorted alphabetically and THEN followed by files sorted alphabetically. I don't want any of that A-H Or I-S bull crap. I just want to see my folders...
  9. Organizing Folders in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Organizing Folders in File Explorer: Hi! I am having problems organizing Folders and Files within my Folders in Windows 10 File Explorer. I need to manually change the order the files are displayed—top to bottom. I need this order to be different than any of the auto 'sort by' selections. For example, I...
  10. File Explorer Downloads Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Downloads Folder: After the 1903 update, the Download's folder in File Explorer is now showing a history of downloads, e.g., notice that Downloads is showing a download from "Last week (1)". How can I stop this folder from keeping track of downloads and have it behave as all the other system...