Windows 10: Folders in ProgramData: Are this folders safe?

Discus and support Folders in ProgramData: Are this folders safe? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kriger369 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jd45d3/folders_in_programdata_are_this_folders_safe/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kriger369, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Folders in ProgramData: Are this folders safe?

/u/Kriger369, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Mark Ole Win User

ProgramData folder what is it?

Hi Kurtis,

The ProgramData specifies the path to the program-data folder (normally C:\ProgramData). Unlike the Program Files folder, this folder can be used by applications to store data for standard users, because it does not require elevated permissions.

The path can be on a volume other than the system drive and should not cause performance loss nor cause confusion to Windows , as long as it meets the following requirements:

• It must be on an NTFS volume.
    • It can’t point to a drive that has a different copy of Windows on it.
    • It can’t contain any serviceable components

Regards.

Mark Ole, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Programdata folder with USOPrivate and USOshared folder

On Windows 10 under the C:\Programdata folder I keep seeing the following folders USOPrivate and USOshared. Any idea what they are? Some articles on the net suggest they are malware. please confirm.

Synckronize, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Folders in ProgramData: Are this folders safe?

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Folders in ProgramData: Are this folders safe? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Folders in ProgramData: Are this folders safe? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Folders in ProgramData: Are this folders safe?

1. Folders in ProgramData: Are this folders safe? - Similar Threads - Folders ProgramData Are

2. Unable to hide the ProgramData folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to hide the ProgramData folder: I had to unhide the ProgramData folder while attempting to solve an issue, but it turned out to be something else entirely, so now I'm trying to rehide it. However, after going into the properties menu, clicking on the 'hidden' box and pressing apply, nothing changes. It acts...
  3. Unable to hide the ProgramData folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to hide the ProgramData folder: I had to unhide the ProgramData folder while attempting to solve an issue, but it turned out to be something else entirely, so now I'm trying to rehide it. However, after going into the properties menu, clicking on the 'hidden' box and pressing apply, nothing changes. It acts...
  4. Unable to hide the ProgramData folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. is it safe to these folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is it safe to these folders: I'm trying to free up space when i found these folders is it safe to delete them and if it is how can i do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-these-folders/383ec25e-6d85-443e-a4b4-7d4ab7cff5ea
  6. is it safe to these folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it safe to these folders: I'm trying to free up space when i found these folders is it safe to delete them and if it is how can i do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-these-folders/383ec25e-6d85-443e-a4b4-7d4ab7cff5ea
  7. is it safe to these folders

8. ProgramData folder in Windows 10

ProgramData folder in Windows 10: I am moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have a program Jewelry Designer Manager that I use. I have moved the program to Windows 10 and it works fine. However, I also use the data from it with Access. Since Windows 10 has decided to hide the ProgramData folder...
  9. ProgramData Folder Not Hidden

in Windows 10 Support
    ProgramData Folder Not Hidden: So I have 2 Windows 10 build 1709 machines. One I just noticed that the ProgramData folder is not hidden. I tried to hide it, but it just will not. I checked the settings and properties against my good machine and it all lines up except for not being hidden. Is there a...
  10. Can't see ProgramData folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't see ProgramData folder: The ProgramData folder is not displayed in Explorer. I can search for programs that currently exist in this directory but can't access it. Any clues or how to proceed? 34884