Windows 10: FOLDERS IN SD CARD TAKES LONGER TIME TO OPEN

Discus and support FOLDERS IN SD CARD TAKES LONGER TIME TO OPEN in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Folders in the micro SD card takes longer time to open.When I copy a file into the SD card, it takes very long time to complete.The same is when I open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gigy Jose, May 26, 2023.

1. Gigy Jose Win User

FOLDERS IN SD CARD TAKES LONGER TIME TO OPEN

Folders in the micro SD card takes longer time to open.When I copy a file into the SD card, it takes very long time to complete.The same is when I open a file in SD card.But this was not the case before, it was working fine in the beginning.Recently I am facing this problem.Anbody has solution for this?Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎25-‎11-‎2020 OS build 19044.2965 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0 Jose

:)

Gigy Jose, May 26, 2023
  2. Berton Win User

SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Bradleyb, in your Device Manager do you have anything listed in Storage Controllers? I get an entry for MMC/SD. I just checked a 1GB SD card and a 4GB SDHC card, both worked in File Explorer to show their contents.

FOLDERS IN SD CARD TAKES LONGER TIME TO OPEN 271947d1585232223t-sd-card-sd-card-reader-no-longer-working-image.png

Side note: A caveat for such cards is that if they are to be used in a camera they need to be formatted in the camera, not in Windows.

Berton, May 26, 2023
  3. bradleyb Win User
    SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Hi. New to this so not sure of category.
    I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit
    My SD card reader has stopped working.
    In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed.
    I can't format the card as it is not listed.
    I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere.
    I've tried chkdsk and get 'Cannot open volume for direct access'
    I don't even have the icon displaying when micro SD card is inserted.
    It did work previously but I had errors. Scanning and fixing did not help.
    I place the SD card in my Android phone and it works fine.
    Please help!
    Thank you for any assistance.

bradleyb, May 26, 2023
  4. FOLDERS IN SD CARD TAKES LONGER TIME TO OPEN

SD card failure

Hi Andrew,

I would need to ask few questions so I can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you get a specific error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • What's the current build of your computer? Press Windows key + R and then type winver.
    • Did you try to run a full system scan using your anti-virus? Can you tell us the result?
    • Does your SD card has a write protection?

Meanwhile, you may try these troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Open Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Hardware and Devices> Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check SD Card in Disk Management.

1. Open Disk Management.
    2. Your SD card will appear as a removable disk.
    3. Check if it has a drive letter.
    4. If it does not show anything, right click the SD card and then select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
    5. Click “Add” and select a drive letter, then click “OK”.

Step 3: Update SD card driver.

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Find your SD card and right click it.
    3. Select Properties.
    4. Click the driver tab and then select Update Driver.

Note: You may need to use a keyboard and mouse to connect to your laptop to perform the said steps if it does not allow on tablet mode.

Raymond Ave, May 26, 2023
Thema:

FOLDERS IN SD CARD TAKES LONGER TIME TO OPEN

1. FOLDERS IN SD CARD TAKES LONGER TIME TO OPEN - Similar Threads - FOLDERS CARD TAKES

2. FOLDERS IN SD CARD TAKES LONGER TIME TO OPEN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FOLDERS IN SD CARD TAKES LONGER TIME TO OPEN: Folders in the micro SD card takes longer time to open.When I copy a file into the SD card, it takes very long time to complete.The same is when I open a file in SD card.But this was not the case before, it was working fine in the beginning.Recently I am facing this...
  3. FOLDERS IN SD CARD TAKES LONGER TIME TO OPEN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FOLDERS IN SD CARD TAKES LONGER TIME TO OPEN: Folders in the micro SD card takes longer time to open.When I copy a file into the SD card, it takes very long time to complete.The same is when I open a file in SD card.But this was not the case before, it was working fine in the beginning.Recently I am facing this...
  4. Folders taking a long a time to open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders taking a long a time to open: Out of nowhere, any folder that i try to open, wheter in the SSD or external HDD, take about 30 seconds - 1min to open. It does eventually open but it's so slow. I tried restarting the computer and deleting the thumbnail cache and MORE IMPORTANT tried to navigate through...
  5. Why does my SD card no longer read

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my SD card no longer read: Tested my Micro SD card from my GoPro to make sure I could transfer images and videos. Put the Micro SD into the adapter, downloaded 1 video, and put card back in my camera. Took a few pictures to mess around about 5 minutes later and tried to transfer those too. This time...
  6. Take longer time on welcome

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Take longer time on welcome: when I bought my laptop then it take roughly 10 sec to bootup and takes roughly 1sec in welcome screen but when I download some app and games from then my pc takes longer time on welcome screen roughly 5-10 sec. which is very annoying. I trIed every possible way, watch...
  7. SD card/SD card reader no longer working

SD card/SD card reader no longer working: Hi. New to this so not sure of category. I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit My SD card reader has stopped working. In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed. I can't format the card as it is not listed. I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere. I've...
  8. SD card

SD card: I have recently had my Acer laptop serviced and the tech talked me into installing windows 10 and I hate it . can someone pleas tell me how I can view the contents of an SD card ? On windows 7 I used to go to my drive menu and just select it from there. thx...
  9. SD card

SD card: Windows 10 does not detect my SD card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/sd-card/cecf9cf6-ad80-43c5-8b57-3c0b84d4305f
  10. USB & SD cards are not auto opening

USB & SD cards are not auto opening: Hi Forum, I have had issues with USB and SD cards not "auto" playing on my desktop HP Pavilion p6620f running Window10. This has been an issue for a long time, I've just been tolerating the situation. Any USB and any SD card shows up in My PC as do all the drives. Access...