Windows 10: Folders Keep Changing Position

Discus and support Folders Keep Changing Position in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello everyone. i found this topic - Open folder window at same position every time - Windows 10 Forums i browsed and didn't find a solution. im... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by coc, Nov 11, 2015.

1. COC
    coc Win User

Folders Keep Changing Position

hello everyone.

i found this topic - Open folder window at same position every time - Windows 10 Forums

i browsed and didn't find a solution. im having the same problem.

when i open "My PC" or any folder in my desktop windows 10 remembers if i
    resize it, but always randomize the position a bit lower.

is there a fix ?

thanks in advance.

:)

2. windows defender

GreginMich : I thank you for all the work

you've done to help, but I keep getting the notification: (Unauthoraized Changes Blocked...

Controlled Folder Access blocked C:/:/yourcam_webcam_ca...from making changes to the folder

%userprofile%/Documents. I have tried to do all the changes recommended to solve the problem, but with no positive solution. Blessings.

NidiaFabal, Nov 11, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Quick Access

I want the pinned folder keep in my preference sequence.

The pinned folder disappear and turn up again, this happened since an update patch a month ago.

The pinned folder position also change time to time!

I really want the quick access work in my prefer sequece cos it help me to access my folders/network locations in a smart way,

DonaldssWong, Nov 11, 2015
  4. COC
    coc Win User

anyone ?

iv tried the manual fix in microsoft website on the last
    page of the topic i posted in the first comment.

still - it wont work.. it remembers when i resize windows, but the position
    is always changing.

Thema:

1. Folders Keep Changing Position - Similar Threads - Folders Keep Changing

2. Desktop Icons changing position

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons changing position: Running WIN10 home Every so often my desktop flashes and some of my icons have changed position. Can anyone explain t his and how I can stop it? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-changing-position/934e8501-fdfb-46d0-998d-3b15d4dc677a
  3. Folders settings keep changing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders settings keep changing: Something has happened with Windows 10 folders settings. For example, in Downloads, I grouped the folders by creation date but they are mixed up. Sometimes the icons are of different sizes. Why is it happening?...
  4. Folder settings keep changing

Folder settings keep changing: I'm using Windows 10 and have this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-settings-keep-changing/f07ac397-5638-4da3-ae16-646179e56ac7"
  5. Cursor start position changed

Cursor start position changed: Hi, a few months ago, a change occurred on multiple devices, at least in Windows Media Player, probably other programs as well. When a section of text in a field, such as a song title, is highlighted, it used to be that pressing the left arrow caused the cursor to start at...
  6. Desktop shortcuts keep changing positions after changing which display is main or launching...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop shortcuts keep changing positions after changing which display is main or launching...: I have 2 displays in extended configuration windows 10 pro. 1080p display in 100% scaling and 4K display in 150% scaling. Auto arrange icons is disabled. The setup is new. Used to only have the 1080p display but I had the same issue a long time ago. I fixed it a while ago...
  7. Why the icons don't keep their position on desktop?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why the icons don't keep their position on desktop?!: They just snap to random positions every time after I unplug my secondary monitor and turn on the laptop. I spent some time organizing them yesterday, then it installed a Windows update and then it shut down. This morning when I turned it on the icons went crazy again...
  8. Files and folders constantly resetting positions

Files and folders constantly resetting positions: I just recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I'm struggling to get used to it. My biggest debacle at the moment is my files and folders constantly resetting positions. Now basically there are some files and folders that I like to manually position in a certain way. I usually...
  9. My Icon positions keep resetting on reboot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Icon positions keep resetting on reboot.: I have a dual monitor setup and for a while it was working fine, but now whenever I boot up my computer it resets the icons to the second monitor and because the second monitor is smaller it moves the far right row to the middle of the first monitor. I know it has something...
  10. How to change toast notifications position?

How to change toast notifications position?: For some reason after the last Windows update the toast notification is popping up right in the middle of my screen as I am working. I didn't mind it popping up on the bottom right and disappearing but now for some reason it is popping up dead center of my screen. I have to...