Windows 10: Folders Keep Changing Position

Discus and support Folders Keep Changing Position in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello everyone. i found this topic - Open folder window at same position every time - Windows 10 Forums i browsed and didn't find a solution. im... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by coc, Nov 11, 2015.

1. COC
    coc Win User

Folders Keep Changing Position

hello everyone.

i found this topic - Open folder window at same position every time - Windows 10 Forums

i browsed and didn't find a solution. im having the same problem.

when i open "My PC" or any folder in my desktop windows 10 remembers if i
    resize it, but always randomize the position a bit lower.

is there a fix ?

thanks in advance.

:)

2. windows defender

GreginMich : I thank you for all the work

you've done to help, but I keep getting the notification: (Unauthoraized Changes Blocked...

Controlled Folder Access blocked C:/:/yourcam_webcam_ca...from making changes to the folder

%userprofile%/Documents. I have tried to do all the changes recommended to solve the problem, but with no positive solution. Blessings.

NidiaFabal, Nov 11, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Quick Access

I want the pinned folder keep in my preference sequence.

The pinned folder disappear and turn up again, this happened since an update patch a month ago.

The pinned folder position also change time to time!

I really want the quick access work in my prefer sequece cos it help me to access my folders/network locations in a smart way,

DonaldssWong, Nov 11, 2015
  4. COC
    coc Win User

anyone ?

iv tried the manual fix in microsoft website on the last
    page of the topic i posted in the first comment.

still - it wont work.. it remembers when i resize windows, but the position
    is always changing.

Thema:

1. Folders Keep Changing Position - Similar Threads - Folders Keep Changing

2. I cannot change to landscape position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot change to landscape position: My desktop icons are now in the upright position and When I right click on my desktop to get to the display settings and click on Landscape or Portrait I get only Landscape flipped or Portrait flipped and not Portrait how can I resolve this problem please help me Thank you...
  3. Forced resolution change affecting screen position

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Forced resolution change affecting screen position: Hi I'm having a problem with the in built display on my laptop (It's an xmg). When I turned it on yesterday, the screen wad effectively showing only the top maybe quarter or so of the screen, almost like it had zoomed in (it wasn't, I've checked). On investigating the...
  4. Windows Explorer folder sizes and positions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer folder sizes and positions in Windows 10: I have two laptops (stopped using desktops years ago) that came with Windows 7 Pro. As MS will stop supporting W 7 next year, I decided to buy a new W 10 Pro licence and install onto a separate drive. I am a heavy user of Windows Explorer for displaying the contents of...
  5. Size and position of display pages changes on restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Size and position of display pages changes on restart: I like to adjust the size and position of things I open in Microsoft 10 Windows. Previously, when the computer restarted for whatever reason, the display opened with everything as it had been set before restart. Lately, on restart, anything I have open is stacked on the left...
  6. How to change toast notifications position?

How to change toast notifications position?: For some reason after the last Windows update the toast notification is popping up right in the middle of my screen as I am working. I didn't mind it popping up on the bottom right and disappearing but now for some reason it is popping up dead center of my screen. I have to...
  7. Open folder window at same position every time

Open folder window at same position every time: Hello! Whenever I open a folder and position it on desktop whereI want it to be, after closing and reopening it again, it repositions. With a few opening-closings I realized that every time I open the folder anew, it gets repositioned a bit lower, diagonally. This wasn't...
  8. Is it possible to change the position of the action center icon?

Is it possible to change the position of the action center icon?: I would like to change the position of the clock and action center on the system tray (like win 10 does with anniversary update), other system tray icons like power and wifi are changeable but the clock and action center isn't. Is this possible? 58223
  9. Outlook 2010 Keeps Changing Sent Messages Folder

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 Keeps Changing Sent Messages Folder: I have Outlook 2010 set up on 3 PCs to save sent mail items in a particular folder on an IMAP mail server. This works for a while then the sent mail starts being saved to the Outlook Data File / Sent Items folder or the Sent Items folder on my MS Outlook email account...
  10. Why does Windows keep rearranging my window positions?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does Windows keep rearranging my window positions?: I have four monitors, and have my windows arranged in specific places. On a regular basis, usually after a Windows upgrade, after restarting, I find that Windows has "helpfully" moved my windows around. They are always in the same place on the monitor, but are often on the...