Windows 10: Folders Keep Changing Position

Discus and support Folders Keep Changing Position in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello everyone. i found this topic - Open folder window at same position every time - Windows 10 Forums i browsed and didn't find a solution. im... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by coc, Nov 11, 2015.

1. COC
    coc Win User

Folders Keep Changing Position

hello everyone.

i found this topic - Open folder window at same position every time - Windows 10 Forums

i browsed and didn't find a solution. im having the same problem.

when i open "My PC" or any folder in my desktop windows 10 remembers if i
    resize it, but always randomize the position a bit lower.

is there a fix ?

thanks in advance.

:)

2. windows defender

GreginMich : I thank you for all the work

you've done to help, but I keep getting the notification: (Unauthoraized Changes Blocked...

Controlled Folder Access blocked C:/:/yourcam_webcam_ca...from making changes to the folder

%userprofile%/Documents. I have tried to do all the changes recommended to solve the problem, but with no positive solution. Blessings.

NidiaFabal, Nov 11, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Quick Access

I want the pinned folder keep in my preference sequence.

The pinned folder disappear and turn up again, this happened since an update patch a month ago.

The pinned folder position also change time to time!

I really want the quick access work in my prefer sequece cos it help me to access my folders/network locations in a smart way,

DonaldssWong, Nov 11, 2015
  4. COC
    coc Win User

anyone ?

iv tried the manual fix in microsoft website on the last
    page of the topic i posted in the first comment.

still - it wont work.. it remembers when i resize windows, but the position
    is always changing.

Thema:

1. Folders Keep Changing Position - Similar Threads - Folders Keep Changing

2. How to lock folders position?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lock folders position?: I would like to have some folders opening in the same position and in the same size. How to make windows remember my preferences so that not to have to fix them every time I open them?...
  3. How to lock folders position?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to lock folders position?: I would like to have some folders opening in the same position and in the same size. How to make windows remember my preferences so that not to have to fix them every time I open them?...
  4. Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...: After the last few upgrades The Windows position after startup is fixed in a position I do not like and I have to always reposition it after start up. I have gone online and tried all fixes suggested but none has worked so far. I have gone into settings etc. and tried all...
  5. Folder icon positioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder icon positioning: I have several computers running either Win10 or Win11. On all but one, when I create a new desktop folder, it stays where I create it. On ONE computer, every time I create a new desktop folder it moves to the first 'open' position from the left of the screen. This occurred...
  6. Folder icon positioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder icon positioning: I have several computers running either Win10 or Win11. On all but one, when I create a new desktop folder, it stays where I create it. On ONE computer, every time I create a new desktop folder it moves to the first 'open' position from the left of the screen. This occurred...
  7. Desktop Icons Keep Changing Positions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons Keep Changing Positions: Hey, I recently updated my Windows 10 to 20H2. After this, all my desktop icons keep changing position whenever I refresh or restart my laptop. What's the permanent solution to this. I have tried options offered on other Windows' discussion fora without any positive...
  8. Question Strange folder behavior. Files change position in Pictures folder. Explorer...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question Strange folder behavior. Files change position in Pictures folder. Explorer...: Hello, the title pretty much sums it up. Here is also a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhFPuN8PeWI https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-strange-folder-behavior-files-change/0844c9d1-a261-41e5-a368-baa5b43076be
  9. Folders settings keep changing

Folders settings keep changing: Something has happened with Windows 10 folders settings. For example, in Downloads, I grouped the folders by creation date but they are mixed up. Sometimes the icons are of different sizes. Why is it happening?...
  10. Folder settings keep changing

Folder settings keep changing: I'm using Windows 10 and have this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-settings-keep-changing/f07ac397-5638-4da3-ae16-646179e56ac7"