Windows 10: Folders keep disappearing from the taskbar - Windows 10

Discus and support Folders keep disappearing from the taskbar - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, My open folders keep disappearing from my taskbar (on my work computer). This is disruptive and annoying. I want them to remain open for as long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DG query, Jan 8, 2019.

1. DG query Win User

Folders keep disappearing from the taskbar - Windows 10

Hi,

My open folders keep disappearing from my taskbar (on my work computer). This is disruptive and annoying.

I want them to remain open for as long as the computer is turned off or I close them.

Any useful advice welcome!

:)

DG query, Jan 8, 2019
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

Folders keep disappearing from the taskbar - Windows 10 upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 8, 2019
  4. psyvjor Win User

Quick Access is Always Empty and Can't Pin Folders + Taskbar Programs Menu Disappeared

Basically I can't pin anymore. I'm not getting an error when I pin. Whenever I pin it's not appearing in quick access. But it appears on the file explorer jump list on the taskbar. I already tried other solutions like emptying these locations:

• %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\
    • %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations\
    • %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations\
    but it doesn't work, it only made things worse. The jump list menu disappeared for pinned programs, like chrome ("start in incognito mode" and the like menus disappeared when i right clicked programs on taskbar).

Now i have 2 problems, quick access won't show my pinned folders and taskbar menu disappeared.

psyvjor, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Folders keep disappearing from the taskbar - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Folders keep disappearing

2. Taskbar keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar keeps disappearing: I run Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron Laptop. After my last reboot, I found the taskbar didn't appear, so I used Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up Task Manager, then restarted Windows Explorer. The taskbar came back, but when I closed TM, the taskbar disappeared. This has happened...
  3. Taskbar keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar keeps disappearing: I run Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron Laptop. After my last reboot, I found the taskbar didn't appear, so I used Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up Task Manager, then restarted Windows Explorer. The taskbar came back, but when I closed TM, the taskbar disappeared. This has happened...
  4. Taskbar keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Icons Keep Disappearing From Taskbar - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons Keep Disappearing From Taskbar - Windows 11: I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 a few months ago, and ever since I've been having a problem where the icons disappear from the taskbar. It happens while I'm using the laptop as well as when it comes out of hibernation.I know this can be fixed temporarily by...
  6. Icons Keep Disappearing From Taskbar - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons Keep Disappearing From Taskbar - Windows 11: I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 a few months ago, and ever since I've been having a problem where the icons disappear from the taskbar. It happens while I'm using the laptop as well as when it comes out of hibernation.I know this can be fixed temporarily by...
  7. application keeps disappearing from my taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    application keeps disappearing from my taskbar: I have pinned a .exe file to my taskbar and it seems like every time I log on and off my computer and try to launch it from the taskbar it says the file has been moved or changed, I then have to launch it from the folder it is in, seems like the app's cache is also deleted...
  8. Windows taskbar keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows taskbar keeps disappearing: I've been having a problem these past few months that I'd really like solved. My windows task bar keeps disappearing when maximizing windows. You can see a Youtube video of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5CobPTPKEo&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=SpaceFox93 It's a...
  9. volume control keeps disappearing from win 10 taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume control keeps disappearing from win 10 taskbar: guys, why does this happen all the time? here is what I have: => continuous connecting of the JLAB earbuds to the win 10 BT feature in the settings. => a 3rd party software called BOOM3D. => Realtek speakers, built in to the LT. for some reason, when I switch between...
  10. Shortcut to a program keeps disappearing from a folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut to a program keeps disappearing from a folder.: I'm running W10 on a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series laptop. Among the programs I use in maintaining my system is IObit's "Advanced System Care," and I keep a shortcut to it in a folder along with other shortcuts. I generally run ASC once a week. For the past three or four...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. folders keep disappearing in windows

2. folder organizer disappear on toolbar

3. pc folders disappear from task bar

4. folders dissappear from windows taskbar