Windows 10: Folders minimizing when trying to open

Discus and support Folders minimizing when trying to open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All of my folders on my desktop open in a very minimized view. When I right click to maximize and I hold my mouse over the folder it is a little bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TrudyStransky, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Folders minimizing when trying to open

All of my folders on my desktop open in a very minimized view. When I right click to maximize and I hold my mouse over the folder it is a little bit bigger but will not maximize. And the same thing happens when I use This PC. It won't open. I have restarted windows explorer thought the task manager several times.

:)

TrudyStransky, Jul 13, 2020
  2. sapbucket Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer won't open a folder that is minimized

I just upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday. The File Explorer has new behavior that I want to behave like it did in Windows 7. Here are the steps to reproduce:

1. create a folder on desktop
    2. open the folder in the file explorer by clicking it
    3. minimize the desktop with Microsoft button + 'D'
    4. click the folder on the desktop again

Expected: the clicked folder opens in the same file explorer that was minimized (this is Windows 7 default behavior).

Actual: the clicked folder does not open. It stays minimized. The only way to access it is to go to the task bar and click it there. Annoying! Especially when there are 20+ folders minimized and collapsed.

I checked in Explorer options and I don't see anything that would allow me to modify this behavior.

sapbucket, Jul 13, 2020
  3. DLemons Win User
    Flickering Desktop Folders When Opened and Minimized

Using Windows 10 and I am trying to copy several files to copy to a USB drive, but whenever I open a desktop folder and minimize it the folder continuously flickers. When it stops there is nothing there. When I close it and reopen the folder all the files
    are there. I have shutdown, waited several seconds and rebooted but the problem exists.

DLemons, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Folders minimizing when trying to open

Windows 8.1, programs keep minimizing/iconifying themselves repeatedly when trying to open

My sister owns a HP Pavilion G6, which came with Windows 8. About four months ago it automatically upgraded her to 8.1 an since then she's had several problems.

I have fixed most of them, but one peculiar issue remains.

Whenever you open a program/window, it immediately minimizes itself to the task bar.
    If you try to click or key press to bring it back up, it again minimizes itself.

I have found two work arounds :

A) Leave the system idle for five minutes
    B) Hold either CTRL or ALT key, and then mouse click to bring the window back up

After step B, I hit ALTGRAVE key once, and then the windows behave normally for a time.

This happens immediately after boot and randomly during normal operation.

I've disabled a lot of the touch pad features and gestures, trying to limit any user input error or other miscellaneous potential sources of the problem.

newconroer, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Folders minimizing when trying to open

1. Folders minimizing when trying to open - Similar Threads - Folders minimizing trying

2. When I try to open file explorer, it looks like it opens, but is minimized, but I am unable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to open file explorer, it looks like it opens, but is minimized, but I am unable...: Why wont file explorer open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-open-file-explorer-it-looks-like-it/2af9107c-f13e-4875-8cd6-f8662baf2b72
  3. When I try to open file explorer, it looks like it opens, but is minimized, but I am unable...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to open file explorer, it looks like it opens, but is minimized, but I am unable...: Why wont file explorer open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-open-file-explorer-it-looks-like-it/2af9107c-f13e-4875-8cd6-f8662baf2b72
  4. Game minimized when i opened anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game minimized when i opened anything: Hello community,So i just reinstall windows11 fresh, i'm in game Apex Legends i tab out to open ea client, faceit AC, Battle.net, cpu-z, discord u named it, anything, and i get back in game before any of the app/program opens and i get minimized quick when any of the app...
  5. Game minimized when i opened anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game minimized when i opened anything: Hello community,So i just reinstall windows11 fresh, i'm in game Apex Legends i tab out to open ea client, faceit AC, Battle.net, cpu-z, discord u named it, anything, and i get back in game before any of the app/program opens and i get minimized quick when any of the app...
  6. When I try and open folders it opens them in Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I try and open folders it opens them in Microsoft edge: i try and open my optifine to install but it opens it in edge which means i cant open it can anybody help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-and-open-folders-it-opens-them-in/eb2698fa-a922-43b2-841f-8f474f590756
  7. Folders open in new windows randomly when I try to open them

Folders open in new windows randomly when I try to open them: I have exactly the same very annoying problem as: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-open-in-new-windows-randomly-when-i-try-to/8d648a35-f36e-4af7-b4f2-b2bb66691839 What I've tried, but it did not help: 0. "folder options" setting set to "Open...
  8. Folders open in new windows randomly when I try to open them

Folders open in new windows randomly when I try to open them: When I double click on folders to open them in 50% of times folder opens in new window. [ATTACH] I think this is nothing related to my "folder options" setting. [ATTACH] I'm on Windows 10 1809 17763.475...
  9. Random window opens when minimizing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random window opens when minimizing: I've detected a funny behavior in windows 10 both in my laptop and in my desktop computer. Occasionally (very sporadically) when I minimize a program (Word, Firefox, Thunderbird...) next it opens the window of an app that was not open formerly (usually the calendar, the...
  10. Explorer.exe crashing when opening folders and/or trying to copy folders/files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer.exe crashing when opening folders and/or trying to copy folders/files: Hello, I had this issue around 7 months ago as of this post and I still have the same issue. I switched hardware in the meantime and don't use an AMD GPU anymore. What I tried: - Safe Mode - New profile - clean reinstallation of the GPU drivers - updating all drivers...