Windows 10: Folders missing from hard drive

Discus and support Folders missing from hard drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro. A few days ago I copied 4 folders of image files (jpg and cr2) to the C: drive in the Pictures folder and now those folders are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by woodman3, Dec 31, 2018.

1. woodman3 Win User

Folders missing from hard drive

I have a Surface Pro. A few days ago I copied 4 folders of image files (jpg and cr2) to the C: drive in the Pictures folder and now those folders are gone, 4 days of vacation photos wiped out. wtf is going on?

:)

woodman3, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    How to delete folder/files when "Item Not Found" + folder located in external hard-drive

Hi Juan,

There are possible factors for the folders to be missing or cannot be found. To isolate the issue, I have some
    questions for you:

• Were there any error messages when you connect your external hard drive to your PC?

• Have you tried searching for the folders while enabling the "show hidden files" in your external hard drive?

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Hard Drive Space Missing

Hi,

It is possible that hard drive space was missing due to a corrupted file system. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried deleting temporary files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from checked the hidden files?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Folders missing from hard drive - Similar Threads - Folders missing hard

2. Missing Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Hard Drive.: i have a hard drive on my PC which i can't see. This happened when i installed windows 11 from scratch. I have moved the disc to my other PC which is still Windows 10 but i can't see it on there either....
  3. Missing Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Hard Drive.: i have a hard drive on my PC which i can't see. This happened when i installed windows 11 from scratch. I have moved the disc to my other PC which is still Windows 10 but i can't see it on there either....
  4. Missing hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing hard drive: I am running Windows 10 and when I booted up this morning, one of my internal drives I is not listed in configuration. How can I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-hard-drive/7006fa88-6a3f-4adc-b19a-e6e75ee79502
  5. Missing hard drive

Missing hard drive: I have 3 internal hard drives on my Windows 10 pc. They are C, G, and I. When I booted up this morning, drive I was missing. I did a restore to an earlier date, but it is still missing. Only now, system say apps Skype, iTunes, and Spotify will not work. How can I fix this?...
  6. missing hard drives

missing hard drives: I have just got a pc from work and I installed a fresh load of windows 10 but the 3 extra hard drives installed cant be found I have tried everything cant get windows to see them as you can see bios knows they are there but in manager not seen also in my...
  7. Missing Hard drive

Missing Hard drive: So I was resetting my computer to remove files and apps ect. and after it reset it no longer shows that I have a hard drive anymore and it only shows I have my ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-hard-drive/cf4e79de-9314-4b4a-8496-f382533397df"
  8. missing hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    missing hard drive: how to fix missing hard drive on windows 10 in my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-hard-drive/afac03cb-d78c-4a02-bea4-60379ecf0b64
  9. missing hard drive

missing hard drive: I just installed a new 4 tb hard drive. During that process I had a thumb drive plugged in that just finished installing windows 10. So after I initialized the hard drive an gave it a letter. I then removed my thumb drive an now my 4 tb hard drive has disappeared an I can no...
  10. Missing hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing hard drive: I posted several days ago of my stupidity when I blew away the partitions on my physical "D:" drive by mistake, taking out about 20 years of family photos with very little backup. Since that time I have tried various recovery tools, but suspect I am just slinging mud at a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. missing folder on hard drive

2. HOW FOLDERS MISSING FROM DRIVER LAPTOP