Windows 10: Folders Missing in Explorer

Discus and support Folders Missing in Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I opened up file explorer this morning and on my D drive, only my photos folder was visible. Six other folders seem to be missing. I checked a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StevenRS, Aug 25, 2019.

1. StevenRS Win User

Folders Missing in Explorer

I opened up file explorer this morning and on my D drive, only my photos folder was visible. Six other folders seem to be missing. I checked a few recent files through excel and word and I could open them up without any problem. In the applications, when I look for a recent document or excel file, the pathway shown to the files is correct for recent files but if I am looking for an older document, and search for it, the folder isn't visible.

Any idea what's caused this and how to fix it would be welcome.

:)

StevenRS, Aug 25, 2019

2. Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Aug 25, 2019
  4. wolf2009 Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Folders Missing in Explorer - Similar Threads - Folders Missing Explorer

2. Windows 10 Explorer Folder Properties Tabs Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Explorer Folder Properties Tabs Missing: Windows 10 Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1348:On one PC, when I display the properties sheet for a folder, only two tabs appear: "General" and "Previous Versions", instead of "General", "Sharing", "Security", "Previous Versions", and "Customize". I have attached screen shots to...
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer "Folders" Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 File Explorer "Folders" Missing: The folders in the file explorer (Downloads, Documents, Videos, Pictures, etc) are missing. Those folders were previously located upper to the "Devices and Drives" in the explorer. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/MrGhost23 [link] [comments]...
  4. File Explorer - File Folder Names Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer - File Folder Names Missing: Hello, I have run across this over and over again after some recent update with windows 10 - not sure what the heck is going on - but it's becoming increasingly annoying that every 5 out of 10 times i restart my computer I run across this. The file names in the File...
  5. Missing folders that appear under ThisPC in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing folders that appear under ThisPC in file explorer: In windows 10 the 6 folders that appear under thisPC is not showing, How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-folders-that-appear-under-thispc-in-file/b5020674-2475-434b-b8a0-7d35a0ff88c2
  6. File Explorer - This PC folder - is missing some folder

File Explorer - This PC folder - is missing some folder: Hello, File Explorer - This PC folder - is missing some folder than are present under C:\Users\billf How can I fix "This PC" folder? Thanks, Bill Fee...
  7. File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties

File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties: When I right click on a folder, I'd expect to see the customize and other tabs. However, I do not see any tabs other than the 'General' tab and 'Previous Versions'. You may have noticed that the "Read-Only" box is checked. I tried to uncheck it, and uncheck other boxes in...
  8. Missing OneDrive folder in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing OneDrive folder in Windows Explorer: My OneDrive folder is no longer located in file explorer. I do have the icon in my system tray, but can't save files directly to that folder. I want onedrive back on my file explorer bar....
  9. File Explorer - Folders missing, found moved.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Folders missing, found moved.: I am posting this here under General Discussion since it is so spooky as to almost be a Twilight Zone thing. We have a 3-computer local/home network with all dynamic data stored on a network drive. We use File Explorer frequently. Six or seven times since upgrading to W10,...
  10. Explorer Bug, Last used folders missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Bug, Last used folders missing: ​Usually, when you right-clock the "file explorer" all the last used folders are showing on-top of it (right circle on image/​attachment), I thought ihe bug would just go away but after 1 week it's annoying as ever Anyone knows how to fix this?? 23829