Windows 10: folders missing in scan option

Discus and support folders missing in scan option in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I scanned over a hundred photos using Microsoft 10's scan feature. It suddenly refused to recognize my HP printer. I tried a number of different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lawsuit2, Mar 21, 2021.

1. lawsuit2 Win User

folders missing in scan option

I scanned over a hundred photos using Microsoft 10's scan feature. It suddenly refused to recognize my HP printer. I tried a number of different solutions, and none seemed to work. Then, all of a sudden, it recognized my printer again. Don't ask me what I did. But, now, when I attempt to identify the destination folder for my scanned photos on the Microsoft scan page, it shows that the folder is empty. From the scan page, every folder shows as empty. However, when I go straight to my folders from Explorer, all my folders are still there. I did go into folder options and clicked on show files. That did not work. I'm lost, and I'm fairly computer illiterate, so please explain thoroughly. Much of the research I've done speaks in a language that I do not understand.

:)

lawsuit2, Mar 21, 2021

2. Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 21, 2021
  3. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Mar 21, 2021
  4. folders missing in scan option

New folder option missing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the New Folder option is missing from the context menu on your PC. I appreciate your efforts in following certain troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?

Refer the article
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to create a new user account and check if you face the same issue. Refer the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Please get back to us with the detailed information to assist you further.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

folders missing in scan option

1. folders missing in scan option - Similar Threads - folders missing scan

2. defender scan option missing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    defender scan option missing in windows 11: How to get back the scan options in windows 11. Been to community all that is there is a lot of people with their own solutions which none work. Need a solution from microsft and the steps to take to fix this problem....
  3. defender scan option missing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    defender scan option missing in windows 11: How to get back the scan options in windows 11. Been to community all that is there is a lot of people with their own solutions which none work. Need a solution from microsft and the steps to take to fix this problem....
  4. Windows 11 Missing Customize FOlder OPtion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Missing Customize FOlder OPtion: The ability to Right Click on folders and selecting "Properties > change Icon" is no longer available. Neither is right clicking to "add a new folder" available either on the desk top.How can I change Folder Icons now that the "properties>Change Icon" is no longer available....
  5. Windows 11 Missing Customize FOlder OPtion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Missing Customize FOlder OPtion: The ability to Right Click on folders and selecting "Properties > change Icon" is no longer available. Neither is right clicking to "add a new folder" available either on the desk top.How can I change Folder Icons now that the "properties>Change Icon" is no longer available....
  6. search box option missing and folder spacing

in Windows 10 Customization
    search box option missing and folder spacing: the search box option is missing and the folders in Windows Explorer are missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-option-missing-and-folder-spacing/6ea281e3-b45b-4ec9-9ea5-e12f2651757d
  7. "Virus and Threat Scan" Option missing from Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Virus and Threat Scan" Option missing from Windows Defender: A week ago, I downloaded the Microsoft Office apps so I could get access to Excel and Word for my school work. After logging in today, I noticed that Windows prompted me to change my PIN and upon entry found that there was no option for me perform a security scan in Windows...
  8. Upload - Folder option missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upload - Folder option missing: I'm trying to upload a Folder to One Drive but can only see the option for File upload? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upload-folder-option-missing/c04d6dc7-5f34-4a2a-90f7-294e11f98fb0
  9. Virus scan options missing - quick scan only, advanced scan crashes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus scan options missing - quick scan only, advanced scan crashes: Title pretty much says it all - my Windows Defender "Virus & threat protection" window shows only the "scan now" button with no quick/full/custom options. See screenshot. [img] In addition, clicking "Run a new advanced scan" causes a brief wait-pointer before the window...
  10. New folder option missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New folder option missing: Despite carrying out all the suggestions I'v seen here and elsewhere to correct "New Folder" option not working including {D969A300-E7FF-11d0-A93B-00A0C90F2719} I still have the same problem. What else can i do to correct the above....