Windows 10: Folders mixup?

Discus and support Folders mixup? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I logon, Windows 10 1909 tells me that it cannot find Skype. Some of my data folders (pictures, etc.) are also inaccessible. Has anyone any ideas... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hake, Jul 22, 2020.

1. hake Win User

Folders mixup?

When I logon, Windows 10 1909 tells me that it cannot find Skype. Some of my data folders (pictures, etc.) are also inaccessible. Has anyone any ideas how I can fix this?

What further information might be required to better describe this issue?

:)

2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 4, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Folders mixup?

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Folders mixup?

1. Folders mixup? - Similar Threads - Folders mixup

2. Setting defaults for folder details

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting defaults for folder details: Hallo, Is it possible to set default settings for folders. There is a button which increases column size to contents but this deactivates as soon as you leave the folder. Can you set a default so that the folder automatically sets the column widths. Thank you for your...
  3. Windows 10 not saving my folder view options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 not saving my folder view options: Hello forum! First of all I apologize for my bad English. It is a somewhat annoying subject, the problem is the following. The personal User folder, from time to time does not save the configuration of the folder view. I always have it saved so that it shows folders in...
  4. I pulled an ssd from my old pc and put it into my current one. When I checked the folder,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I pulled an ssd from my old pc and put it into my current one. When I checked the folder,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SirZombz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i8tqv2/i_pulled_an_ssd_from_my_old_pc_and_put_it_into_my/
  5. OneDrive folder is very slow on Windows 10

OneDrive folder is very slow on Windows 10: Out of nowhere today, my OneDrive folder is very slow in navigating. It usually opens up folders within OneDrive instantly. I tried restarting the PC but still same issue. submitted by /u/FailedPreMedStudent [link] [comments]...
  6. How to set target folder for Canon Pixma MG 3022 scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to set target folder for Canon Pixma MG 3022 scanner: When I scan a document with my Canon printer Cannon Pixma MG 3022 Serial # KLBU 70940 and save a PDF file to a destination folder in Documents the application places a SUB FOLDER with the current date in the destination folder, which I do not want. this sub folder option is...
  7. Unlink my Documents folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unlink my Documents folder from OneDrive: I recently reinstalled Windows and installed OneDrive, but did not launch it until yesterday. When I did I noticed that a large number of files were uploading - these were saved games, config files etc. from games saved in my Documents folder. As far as I have been able to...
  8. Multiple My Document and My Pictures folders on HDD

Multiple My Document and My Pictures folders on HDD: It might seem that each time I updated Windows going back at least two decades, separate multiple My Document and separate multiple My Picture files were created. They are not always mirrors of each other. Sometimes there are My Docs folders w/files within the My Docs master...
  9. No Sort By Option in my folder, when it appears it doesn't keep the option which I sorted...

No Sort By Option in my folder, when it appears it doesn't keep the option which I sorted...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EnzoAlcuino [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i8lzvq/no_sort_by_option_in_my_folder_when_it_appears_it/
  10. I am unable to create new folders

I am unable to create new folders: I can right-click to pull up the "New" list, and it does appear, but "New Folder" is missing from the list. Ctrl-Shift-N does nothing The "New Folder" button on the Home menu in File Explorer does nothing. I have tried several fixes that have been suggested elsewhere,...