Windows 10: folders name-language

Discus and support folders name-language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello today i noticed that all folder's name of c drive appears in english language when connect with my second user account.Until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vasilisnikolo, Jun 12, 2019.

1. folders name-language

Hello today i noticed that all folder's name of c drive appears in english language when connect with my second user account.Until know appears in greek.Why it happens.Can i change it?

:)

vasilisnikolo, Jun 12, 2019

2. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jun 12, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jun 12, 2019
  4. folders name-language

User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

folders name-language

1. folders name-language - Similar Threads - folders name language

2. Folder Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Name: Why is my folder my documents appearing in chinese characters? here is what it says.. i changed my name to XXXXX: "C:\Users\XXXXX\OneDrive\\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-name/d6187b9f-e797-4a4b-90f8-2a9c9f10c5af
  3. Folder Name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Name: Why is my folder my documents appearing in chinese characters? here is what it says.. i changed my name to XXXXX: "C:\Users\XXXXX\OneDrive\\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-name/d6187b9f-e797-4a4b-90f8-2a9c9f10c5af
  4. Aliased Folder Name in Another Language Desktop, Documents, etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aliased Folder Name in Another Language Desktop, Documents, etc.: Hi I just bought a machine with win11 on it and I think how the OS handles aliased folders differently than win10.I set up the machine fresh today, and I selected every language choice "English US" but since I have a Microsoft account registered back in China Chinese as the...
  5. Aliased Folder Name in Another Language Desktop, Documents, etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Aliased Folder Name in Another Language Desktop, Documents, etc.: Hi I just bought a machine with win11 on it and I think how the OS handles aliased folders differently than win10.I set up the machine fresh today, and I selected every language choice "English US" but since I have a Microsoft account registered back in China Chinese as the...
  6. Files Name’s and Apps name’s Language Automatically changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files Name’s and Apps name’s Language Automatically changed: [IMG]Greetings, Today, I turn on my laptop to see the language? on my pc is changed. Only the files name is affected, the preference, settings etc aren’t affected. I wonder how do I change back? Is it because of a virus? Please help....
  7. Msconfig's name is not in my language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Msconfig's name is not in my language: Msconfig's name is in english ("System Configuration") and not in my native language. submitted by /u/Windows10User2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dyczh1/msconfigs_name_is_not_in_my_language/
  8. Folder Names In C: Drive Showing In English Language Instead Of Greek Language.

Folder Names In C: Drive Showing In English Language Instead Of Greek Language.: Hello today i noticed that all folder's name of c drive appears in english language when connect with my second user account.Until know appears in greek.Why it happens.Can i change it? ***Changed Original Title From: folders name-language***...
  9. Language of folders

Language of folders: Hi, I have got a new computer, installed Windows 10 in English. But some of my folders on This PC'' are in Dutch? (Desktop and Images). Where does this come from and how can I get rid of that? Language settings are in English, I have checked that. When I look at the...
  10. Folder Properties shows the folder name in Hindi when the default system language is...

Folder Properties shows the folder name in Hindi when the default system language is...: [ATTACH] why does the folder properties say C:\Users\username\OneDrive\चित्र ? चित्र is Picture in Hindi. is this a bug or something? [ATTACH]...