Windows 10: folders no longer created in pictures library in new computer

Discus and support folders no longer created in pictures library in new computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On my old laptop running Windows 10, when I imported photos from an SD card, they were sorted automatically by 'date taken' into subfolders. I recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RidgetownRick, Dec 27, 2020.

1. folders no longer created in pictures library in new computer

On my old laptop running Windows 10, when I imported photos from an SD card, they were sorted automatically by 'date taken' into subfolders. I recently updated to a desktop, also running Windows 10, and this functionality seems to have been lost.

I copied the existing folders from my laptop into the Pictures library of the new box and they display as expected, but all photos I import directly from an SD card show up as thumbnails WITHOUT the benefit of folders. Although I can sort the photos by date, they now take up far more screen real estate because every photo shows up, not just the date folder.

Can this be changed to automatically create the subfolders again?

:)

RidgetownRick, Dec 27, 2020
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Dec 27, 2020
  3. jzehring Win User
    Library folder create new library not working (not available)

See this: Create New Library in Windows 10
    Pictures will help understand my problem.

Create new library 3 methods. Only Method 3 works for me.
    1) Explorer Library Folder: right-click -> New -> (Empty) --- Library is missing, actual text displayed is (Empty)
    2) ... on ribbon : New Item --- no drop down --- does nothing. In a normal folder, it does drop down with list of types to create.

Note: on the left side if you right click on the "Library" - the same (Empty) for option New is displayed (Like Method 1 above)

Any ideas on how to fix this? I assume a registry entry or 2.. is missing or damaged.

Thanks.

jzehring, Dec 27, 2020
  4. enso Win User

folders no longer created in pictures library in new computer

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

folders no longer created in pictures library in new computer

1. folders no longer created in pictures library in new computer - Similar Threads - folders longer created

2. In File Explorer when creating a new folder, focus is no longer on "New Folder". It is in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In File Explorer when creating a new folder, focus is no longer on "New Folder". It is in...: In File Explorer when creating a new folder, focus is no longer on "New Folder". It is in the address bar. In the past, the focus was on "New Folder" giving me a chance to change the name. Seems like the new behavior is a bug. I certainly find it inconvenient. This started...
  3. Create a new documents or pictures folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a new documents or pictures folder: Hi, I accidentally deleted documents and pictures folder from C:\Users\"My User"\I guess you can not just create a folder there and you have to do something with the registry, but I'm not sure what to do?I want the documents and pictures folder back :...
  4. Create a new documents or pictures folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create a new documents or pictures folder: Hi, I accidentally deleted documents and pictures folder from C:\Users\"My User"\I guess you can not just create a folder there and you have to do something with the registry, but I'm not sure what to do?I want the documents and pictures folder back :...
  5. Cannot create new folder under "Pictures" folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot create new folder under "Pictures" folder.: In the photos app, I am unable to create a new folder under Pictures in Windows 10. As soon as I click on "Create folder", it greys out, as does the "Import" button, and I can go no further. How do I fix this issue?...
  6. Cannot create new folder under "Pictures" folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create new folder under "Pictures" folder.: In the photos app, I am unable to create a new folder under Pictures in Windows 10. As soon as I click on "Create folder", it greys out, as does the "Import" button, and I can go no further. How do I fix this issue?...
  7. Cannot create new folder under "Pictures" folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. win 10 libraries denying creating a new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win 10 libraries denying creating a new folder: I created a new library called jobs. I want to be able to create new folders in the library, for my each of my various jobs. Every time I try to create a new folder it makes it as a subfolder in an existing folder. I used the manage library to relocate folders that were...
  9. Saved pictures and camera pictures libraries creates itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Saved pictures and camera pictures libraries creates itself: As the tittle says? How to permanently delete these folders so they not comeback/creates itself? 52454
  10. Library folder create new library not working (not available)

in Windows 10 Support
    Library folder create new library not working (not available): See this: Create New Library in Windows 10 Pictures will help understand my problem. Create new library 3 methods. Only Method 3 works for me. 1) Explorer Library Folder: right-click -> New -> (Empty) --- Library is missing, actual text displayed is (Empty) 2) ... on...