Windows 10: Folders not showing names of any files

Discus and support Folders not showing names of any files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I open a folder it will not show the names of any of the information in them, such as a sub folder, PDF, Excel, pictures etc. there is just all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChrispyW76, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Folders not showing names of any files

When I open a folder it will not show the names of any of the information in them, such as a sub folder, PDF, Excel, pictures etc. there is just all the icons. Not sure what has changed?

:)

ChrispyW76, Jul 21, 2021
  2. White Win User

List file names than a folder.

Is there a bat file to generate the list of file names that I have inside a folder?
    If possible you can help me to do it or give me suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Please.

White, Jul 21, 2021
  3. dark2099 Win User
    Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Jul 21, 2021
  4. White Win User

Folders not showing names of any files

List file names than a folder.

Thanks for the suggestion I have obtained the list of the names of my folders, I have another question, you can.
    Or rather to customize several music files with the ending of a custom name.

It is possible to switch to multiple files with a bat or exampleslash (custom name)blue (custom name) (custom name)pizarron (custom name)table (custom name)

White, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

Folders not showing names of any files

1. Folders not showing names of any files - Similar Threads - Folders showing names

2. Files and folders with $ in the name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files and folders with $ in the name: My C: drive SSD was replaced by Dell. All of my applications and files were lost. I can reinstall all the applications, but the files I saved at S3 are funky to use. Many folders have "$" appended to the folder name. Then under the folder many files also have "$" appended to...
  3. windows open folder to show full file names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows open folder to show full file names: Most of my file names are quite long, ca 20-25 characters, with the signifiers within the folder at the end of the names. When I open a folder, only the first ca 16 characters of the name are shown. How can I tell Windows to make the width of the Name column the same width as...
  4. windows open folder to show full file names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows open folder to show full file names: Most of my file names are quite long, ca 20-25 characters, with the signifiers within the folder at the end of the names. When I open a folder, only the first ca 16 characters of the name are shown. How can I tell Windows to make the width of the Name column the same width as...
  5. File folder won't show preview if file has # in the name

in Windows 10 Customization
    File folder won't show preview if file has # in the name: Hi, with my last update 3/10/2022 my file folder won't display any PDF file with the # in the name. How can I fix this as I use that for invoices numbers to label work often....
  6. File folder won't show preview if file has # in the name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File folder won't show preview if file has # in the name: Hi, with my last update 3/10/2022 my file folder won't display any PDF file with the # in the name. How can I fix this as I use that for invoices numbers to label work often....
  7. File folder won't show preview if file has # in the name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Files names not showing in folders windows 10

Files names not showing in folders windows 10: At the beginning of this week my folders started to not showing the files and folders names, also in some others programs the text is missing too. Is there any way for solving this issue without reinstalling windows.Thanks for your help...
  9. File folder name

File folder name: When I'm trying to type a name into a new file, it will stop me after so many characters. What is going on? How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-folder-name/87c6a0f0-b69b-4506-ac4f-3d340bdc3f21
  10. can't change the name of a folder any folder

can't change the name of a folder any folder: hey, I have a problem, I can't change the name of a new foler even if i just created it, im getting an error message of this kind: "we couldn't find the specific file" im getting it in hebrew so the translation may not be accurate what can I do? windows 10, 100 +GB...