Windows 10: Folders on D Drive not showing in Restore Files from Current Backup

Discus and support Folders on D Drive not showing in Restore Files from Current Backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 Backup to create file history on external drive (Seagate Expansion Drive 2TB). I selected folders both from C drive and D drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeorgeGeorgiou4, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Folders on D Drive not showing in Restore Files from Current Backup

I'm using Windows 10 Backup to create file history on external drive (Seagate Expansion Drive 2TB). I selected folders both from C drive and D drive. I can have restored successfully files from C drive Folders using the Restore options. However, I can not see any of my D drive folder when in the restore. Why are they not appearing? Through File explore I can see the D Drive Folders and files ahve been backed up but can not see them in Restore options. In Restore only C diver folders are appearance. Please advise on how to get all drives appearing in restore.

:)

GeorgeGeorgiou4, Jan 28, 2019
  2. FeniChem Win User

Some folder does not appear in file history folder on external drive backup in windows10 but they appear at the time of restore from current backup.

Some folder does not appear in file history folder on external drive backup in windows10 but they appear at the time of restore from current backup. Why not showing on external hard disk file history folder? And the folder is not empty.

FeniChem, Jan 28, 2019
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Folders on D Drive not showing in Restore Files from Current Backup

File History Restore Not Working

My apologies for my not explaining my problem clearly.

File History would always list my external drive. It would not list the File History backup subfolder, "Computer Name", which contained my backup.

I completed the 5 steps you recommended, and in step (4), using Windows Explorer, I opted to change the name to "File History.old" instead of deleting it. Had I deleted it, all my backup files that I want to reload onto drive C would have been gone.

When I look at the external backup drive in Windows Explorer it now shows 4 folders, $RECYCLE.BIN, FileHistory, FileHistory.old and System Volume Information. Bottom line, FileHistory contains only the backed up data currently on Drive C as a result of step
    5, while FileHistory.old contains the data I wish to reload.

Now when I go to Control Panel/File History/Select drive, and select the external backup drive, only the subfolder contained in FileHistory shows up. The subfolder contained in FileHistory.old, which contains the data I wish to restore, is still not listed.
    When I select "Restore personal files" it only shows folders associated with FileHistory.

Thanks for your attention and help, but I am now resigned to copying and pasting the files that I need to restore. I totally yield to the higher power that is Microsoft.

Again thanks,

RP

Robert Pat Vaughn, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Folders on D Drive not showing in Restore Files from Current Backup

1. Folders on D Drive not showing in Restore Files from Current Backup - Similar Threads - Folders Drive showing

2. Restore control of Program Files folder on D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore control of Program Files folder on D drive: Hello,I recently installed the Minecraft launcher and specified that minecraft should be installed on my D:\ drive. On my D:\ drive, I had previously created a folder named "Program Files", and all of my programs are installed there. My understanding is that when a UWP app is...
  3. Restore control of Program Files folder on D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore control of Program Files folder on D drive: Hello,I recently installed the Minecraft launcher and specified that minecraft should be installed on my D:\ drive. On my D:\ drive, I had previously created a folder named "Program Files", and all of my programs are installed there. My understanding is that when a UWP app is...
  4. Restore control of Program Files folder on D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Restore Files from Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Files from Backup: Hi I have some files on an external HDD which I would like to check to see what they are so when I click on the HDD a box appears asking if I want to restore files from this backup, my question is where will these files go & how do I access them. Also below in the same box it...
  6. Restore Files from Backup

Restore Files from Backup: Hi I have some files on an external HDD which I would like to check to see what they are so when I click on the HDD a box appears asking if I want to restore files from this backup, my question is where will these files go & how do I access them. Also below in the same box it...
  7. Files and folders in D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files and folders in D drive: Hello,I have a new desktop computer with Windows 11 22H2 with a 1/4 T SSD drive C: and a full T hard drive D:.I am confused by file and folder icons. Can I move, or delete, or rename folders in the D drive without screwinganything up?Mark...
  8. Files and folders in D drive

Files and folders in D drive: Hello,I have a new desktop computer with Windows 11 22H2 with a 1/4 T SSD drive C: and a full T hard drive D:.I am confused by file and folder icons. Can I move, or delete, or rename folders in the D drive without screwinganything up?Mark...
  9. Restoring backup from an external drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring backup from an external drive: Hello everyone! So I recently backed up my hard drive to an external drive before reinstalling Windows 10. Now that I am backed up, how can I restore the data back to its original place on my hard drive? Thank you in advance! submitted by /u/xnmvenom [link] [comments]...
  10. Backup and Restore Permissions of File, Folder, or Drive in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Permissions of File, Folder, or Drive in Windows: How to: Backup and Restore Permissions of File, Folder, or Drive in Windows How to Backup and Restore Permissions of Files, Folders, or Drives in Windows On ReFS volumes, you can set security permissions on files and folders. These permissions grant or deny access to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 drive not showing in backup and restore