Windows 10: Folders opening and closing on desktop properly

Discus and support Folders opening and closing on desktop properly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new Dell Windows 10 machine. As I open a new folder the previous folders stack up behind the newest window. If I click on a sub folder it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KarenStacy1, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Folders opening and closing on desktop properly

I have a new Dell Windows 10 machine. As I open a new folder the previous folders stack up behind the newest window. If I click on a sub folder it swings to the opposite side of the screen. All this going on makes for a very confusing and difficult to keep up with desktop. I am sorting and filing MANY pictures into family folders and have to stop periodically to close all windows that have opened. It slows me down and can be very confusin

:)

KarenStacy1, Jan 5, 2020

2. Can't open folders on desktop

Hello David,

System file corruption is one of the possible causes of this issue. For us to isolate and assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• What exactly happens when you try to open folder?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking this article and follow the
    steps to automatically diagnose and repair problems with files and folders in Windows.

We're looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Jan 5, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Stop Beeps on Open/Close Folder

Hi, there are potentially sounds for opening/closing programs- I don't see an option for folders in the list..

Folders opening and closing on desktop properly [​IMG]

dalchina, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Folders opening and closing on desktop properly

"Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

Folders opening and closing on desktop properly :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!

sunnyorlando, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Folders opening and closing on desktop properly

1. Folders opening and closing on desktop properly - Similar Threads - Folders opening closing

2. Desktop folder not working Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop folder not working Properly: Desktop folder not working ProperlyHello, I have a problem with the desktop folder , I can't open it at all from 'Home' the blue oval and the only way I can open it is through 'Quick access'yellow highlightedNot only that , but whenever I open I get this:These first few...
  3. Desktop folder not working Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop folder not working Properly: Desktop folder not working ProperlyHello, I have a problem with the desktop folder , I can't open it at all from 'Home' the blue oval and the only way I can open it is through 'Quick access'yellow highlightedNot only that , but whenever I open I get this:These first few...
  4. Folder not opening properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder not opening properly: Hi, im having an issue on Windows 10 with file manager. I cant seem to open a specific folder. "Working on it" appears but the content never appears. Furthermore, trying to save a picture taken by snip and sketch seems to freeze the app...
  5. Folder not opening properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder not opening properly: Hi, im having an issue on Windows 10 with file manager. I cant seem to open a specific folder. "Working on it" appears but the content never appears. Furthermore, trying to save a picture taken by snip and sketch seems to freeze the app...
  6. Folder not opening properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Desktop Folders not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Folders not opening: Folders on my desktop will not open as before. It goes to the File Explorer folder in the task bar in mini version, but can't open full screen as normal. The File Explorer folder will not open....
  8. WHEN OPENING A FILE FOLDER AND CLOSING IT

WHEN OPENING A FILE FOLDER AND CLOSING IT: WHEN I OPEN A FILE FOLDER AND THEN SUCCESSIVE FOLDERS CONTAINED WITHIN THE FIRST ONE I FIND THAT IN ORDER TO CLOSE OUT I MUST CLOSE MULTIPLE FOLDERS. I WANT TO MAKE IT SO THAT I CAN CLOSE ONE FOLDER AND BE DONE WITH IT. I AM SEARCHING FOR A SETTING TO FIX THIS ISSUE....
  9. Opening folders goes to desktop

Opening folders goes to desktop: Good day! When I try to open a file, attach a file or click on a shortcut, file explorer brings me to the desktop in my Quick Access list. I then have to navigate to the file I want. For example, I just clicked 'save' on a Word document. I clicked 'browse' and it went to...
  10. Games closing or not opening properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games closing or not opening properly: I have several Bigfish games which I have installed on a new laptop running Windows 10. All games will close unexpectedly and repeatedly during game play, sometimes up to 4 times within 20 seconds. The icon returns to the task bar and when I click on it again it states the...