Windows 10: Folders settings keep changing

Discus and support Folders settings keep changing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Something has happened with Windows 10 folders settings. For example, in Downloads, I grouped the folders by creation date but they are mixed up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rohanvmba, Mar 10, 2020.

1. rohanvmba Win User

Folders settings keep changing

Something has happened with Windows 10 folders settings. For example, in Downloads, I grouped the folders by creation date but they are mixed up. Sometimes the icons are of different sizes. Why is it happening?

:)

rohanvmba, Mar 10, 2020
  2. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Folders settings keep changing - Similar Threads - Folders settings keep

2. Onedrive setting for Pictures folder changes to 'always keep on this device' at random

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive setting for Pictures folder changes to 'always keep on this device' at random: I've used Onedrive for many years to store my pictures in the cloud, while allowing access through a quick download when I want to see a particular picture. For the last several months, Onedrive it eternally trying to download every picture to my various laptops. All of...
  3. Folder settings keep changing

Folder settings keep changing: I'm using Windows 10 and have this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-settings-keep-changing/f07ac397-5638-4da3-ae16-646179e56ac7"
  4. Display settings keep changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display settings keep changing: So I have a laptop that I use mostly on a dock with an external monitor hooked up. I have it set as 2 separate displays, but when I take my laptop off the dock and use it as a normal laptop, and then put it back on the dock, the main display stays as the laptop rather than...
  5. changing column settings for all folders

changing column settings for all folders: how can I set all of my file manager column settings to be the same? it is frustrating AF!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-column-settings-for-all-folders/fccf075e-ee58-4beb-8447-d0409010fe6e"
  6. Windows Photo Gallery keeps changing my picture library folder setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photo Gallery keeps changing my picture library folder setting: Further to my previous post (https://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/140227-windows-live-photo-gallery-screen-not-repainting-after-updating.html?140227=#post1738929) about Windows (Live) Photo Gallery, I have discovered the probable cause of the issue. In the previous post, I...
  7. Windows Keeps Resetting Folder Settings

Windows Keeps Resetting Folder Settings: I have set view type of all folders to 'large icons, and in many folders i have shorted files by either date, date created or date modified. But windows keeps resetting view type of some folders to list and short files by name. For example i have 2 folders names Documents1...
  8. Windows settings Keeps Changing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows settings Keeps Changing: I sent my computer to Dell to get fixed, and when it got sent back, there was no password to use the computer. Whenever I change it to require a password, it keeps changing back....
  9. Folder Setting Changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Folder Setting Changed: I've set my directories to be set to list. Recently I noticed that one of them with sensitive data has had the settings changed. No other directories have been changed. What would cause this? If you set all your objects in directories to appear as specific type and then...
  10. Folders Keep Changing Position

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders Keep Changing Position: hello everyone. i found this topic - Open folder window at same position every time - Windows 10 Forums i browsed and didn't find a solution. im having the same problem. when i open "My PC" or any folder in my desktop windows 10 remembers if i resize it, but always...