Windows 10: Folders taking a long a time to open

Discus and support Folders taking a long a time to open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Out of nowhere, any folder that i try to open, wheter in the SSD or external HDD, take about 30 seconds - 1min to open. It does eventually open but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlexandreAguiar4008, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Folders taking a long a time to open

Out of nowhere, any folder that i try to open, wheter in the SSD or external HDD, take about 30 seconds - 1min to open. It does eventually open but it's so slow. I tried restarting the computer and deleting the thumbnail cache and MORE IMPORTANT tried to navigate through files using Linuxi have a dual boot and it was smooth as always.

:)

AlexandreAguiar4008, Aug 27, 2021
  2. firewine Win User

Create new folder takes too long

Thanks for the suggestion Ramesh, but it still takes a long time to create a new folder. It feels very strange, like I'm accessing my computer via a virtual server!

firewine, Aug 27, 2021
  3. GiriRao Win User
    takes long time to open attachment

I upgraded my Lumia 640 XL lte to window 10. After upgradation I have been facing problem in opening attachments. Either it is taking long time or not opening. No error message is also there. Please help me.

GiriRao, Aug 27, 2021
  4. Folders taking a long a time to open

Files and folders take a long time to load in File explorer

This just started happening this week. Whenever I try to open file explorer in windows 10 it takes a very long time for my files and folders to appear. I have tried using the DISM command but that did not fix the problem

Shawn Robert Robinson, Aug 27, 2021
Thema:

Folders taking a long a time to open

1. Folders taking a long a time to open - Similar Threads - Folders taking long

2. Startup apps take a long time to start opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup apps take a long time to start opening.: Hey! Recently I've encountered an issue in both Windows 10 and Windows 11, the startup apps take like 10 minutes until they start booting. I can assure the issue is not coming for my PC itself, its pretty much new, only built it like 5 months ago, moreover, this thing just...
  3. Startup apps take a long time to start opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup apps take a long time to start opening.: Hey! Recently I've encountered an issue in both Windows 10 and Windows 11, the startup apps take like 10 minutes until they start booting. I can assure the issue is not coming for my PC itself, its pretty much new, only built it like 5 months ago, moreover, this thing just...
  4. Applications take long time to install/open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications take long time to install/open: I have fresh windows on fresh very powerful computer so this shouldn't be the case but trying to open any installer of any app takes forever like 5 minutes and applications are sluggish to open. Idle resources are low meaning that there is nothing slowing down the computer....
  5. Applications take long time to install/open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications take long time to install/open: I have fresh windows on fresh very powerful computer so this shouldn't be the case but trying to open any installer of any app takes forever like 5 minutes and applications are sluggish to open. Idle resources are low meaning that there is nothing slowing down the computer....
  6. WordPad takes a long time to open or not opening

in Windows 10 News
    WordPad takes a long time to open or not opening: [IMG]If WordPad takes too long to open or just won’t open on your Windows PC, this guide will help you fix the issue. Why is my WordPad file not opening? If your WordPad app is not opening, it might be due to different reasons. Some potential causes of this problem include...
  7. Windows Folders Take Painfully Long to Open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Folders Take Painfully Long to Open: Important Information: Only folders, not applications, not files, not even my drives, only folders. Booting into safe mode worked and my folders opened easily. If some people see this a few hours after this is posted, I am probably asleep by then. I will probably wake up...
  8. Files takes long time to open on Ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files takes long time to open on Ethernet connection: When I click on any file to open it will take a very long time to open., it will also hang when I right click on it, or drag it. However when I disable the ethernet connection, i will not have this problem at all. Can anybody help me fix this issue. Thanks in advance....
  9. Opening a New Folder takes too long

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening a New Folder takes too long: Since the last Windows 10 upgrade, it takes about 15 seconds to open a New Folder on the Desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-a-new-folder-takes-too-long/a760502b-d040-4d47-8c50-e60313f26ee7"
  10. Apps/Programs take a long time to open/run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps/Programs take a long time to open/run: I have an Octo Core Processor but everything that I try to run/open up takes a long time, I have a reading showing that the Processor runs at around 2% to 3% and the 8GB of Ram is using about 45% to 48% when the computer is idle, how can I be using 45% of ram when the...