Windows 10: Folders turned into .exe in flash usb

Discus and support Folders turned into .exe in flash usb in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All my folders in my Flash USB turned into .exe files and my Avast antivirus deleted some of them. I have tried restarting when i saw this. and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by elyasaf3, May 6, 2019.

1. elyasaf3 Win User

Folders turned into .exe in flash usb

All my folders in my Flash USB turned into .exe files and my Avast antivirus deleted some of them.

I have tried restarting when i saw this.

and i have scanned my computer but it shows nothing. please help.

:)

elyasaf3, May 6, 2019
  2. Disco5 Win User

USB Flash Drive or Ex HDD?

Need a portable device to store photos & films on, so a usb flash drive or an external hard drive is needed.
    Both seem roughly the same price and are host powered, but which to go for?
    Would look at 128GB Flash or 500GB Ex HDD

Disco5, May 6, 2019
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, May 6, 2019
  4. Folders turned into .exe in flash usb

BitLocker Save to USB Flash missing?

Hi,

I followed the step by step guide on what Brink wrote up below.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...-a.html?filter[1]=Security System Tools

However, when turning ON BitLocker to encrypt the OS drive only, and ask me to where to save the recovery key, I get only the Save to File and not the Save to USB Flash. Has MS taken out the Save to USB selection since WIn 10 version 1511?

I followed all the steps and left BitLocker to its default setting (except for encryption method).

I was able to save the recovery key to a file which was my USB flash drive.

win10freak, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Folders turned into .exe in flash usb

1. Folders turned into .exe in flash usb - Similar Threads - Folders turned exe

2. USB- hub connected monitors flash desktop and then turn black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB- hub connected monitors flash desktop and then turn black: Hi All,I have had an issue ever since I started using a USB-C hub with my laptop. The issue is as follows:1. Laptop turns off external monitors from inactivity.2. I tap my keyboard to wake the monitors.3. The monitors flash my desktop for ~0.5 seconds.4. The monitors then...
  3. USB- hub connected monitors flash desktop and then turn black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB- hub connected monitors flash desktop and then turn black: Hi All,I have had an issue ever since I started using a USB-C hub with my laptop. The issue is as follows:1. Laptop turns off external monitors from inactivity.2. I tap my keyboard to wake the monitors.3. The monitors flash my desktop for ~0.5 seconds.4. The monitors then...
  4. Laptop turns to sleep when a USB flash drive pluged in the USB Hub

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop turns to sleep when a USB flash drive pluged in the USB Hub: I have a USB 3.0 hub going with AC power adapter, so it has enough power for itself, and it did not matter if I plugged in one, two or three USB flash drivers, it always worked well. (It is 7 port USB 3.0 hub). Suddenly since April until now my laptop turned to sleep...
  5. USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB flash drive: Hello, I just purchased a PNY USB flash drive. After connecting it to my PC, I noticed there is 34mb of unallocated space on it. Can anyone explain the reason for this? Please see screen shot below. If I want to allocate this 34mb space and make the USB flash drive have one...
  6. .EXE TURNED TO 0KB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .EXE TURNED TO 0KB: Hello I have been trying to get help with my .exe files turning to 0kb and so far people talk about removing the "SYSWIN" file from "C:/Boot" but there is no "SYSWIN" anywhere in my PC. What do I do in this case? P.S: The corrupted files are in my external hard drive....
  7. Recommendations for USB Flash

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recommendations for USB Flash: Hi all, I have been looking for a 8GB or 16GB or 32GB USB 3 flash drive to use for emergencies on my laptop or to reinstall Windows. However, looking at Amazon reviews makes me feel like major products from major brands all have their problems: Sandisk, Samsung, PNY,...
  8. Flash USB Flash Drive Not Recognized

Flash USB Flash Drive Not Recognized: I have a 16GB USB Flash Drive I was using for saving "File History" documents, favorites, etc.. It appeared to be working, but later I got a message about running out of space on the drive. I formatted the drive and that appeared to be successful, then tried to use it...
  9. usb flash drive

usb flash drive: I am using windows 10. My usb flash drive does not show in disk manage but only intermittently. Often to make matters worse it freezes my mouse when I have the flash drive plugged in. Also it wont let my computer shut down when the flash drive is plugged in. So far I have...
  10. USB flash drive

USB flash drive: usually, when I insert a cd/dvd in my laptop, it usually asks how I want to use it, and gives 2 options: like a USB flash drive or with CD/DVD drive. I just need to see and read what's in it. which option is appropriate?...