Windows 10: Folders/Videos Randomly Deleted

Discus and support Folders/Videos Randomly Deleted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Little bit of an embarrassing situation but I had a folder with personal videos on it. For obvious reasons these were kept hidden and layered under a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Khitchun, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Khitchun Win User

Folders/Videos Randomly Deleted

Little bit of an embarrassing situation but I had a folder with personal videos on it. For obvious reasons these were kept hidden and layered under a few files in my captures folder. I went to look at one today and the folders/contents were all deleted. A complete search of hidden files on my computer is showing the shortcuts however when clicked it is showing that it is no longer valid. Is there any way to recover this data?

:)

Khitchun, Jun 13, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Folders/Videos Randomly Deleted :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Folders/Videos Randomly Deleted :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jun 13, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Folders/Videos Randomly Deleted

Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Folders/Videos Randomly Deleted

1. Folders/Videos Randomly Deleted - Similar Threads - Folders Videos Randomly

2. Windows randomly deleting folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly deleting folders: Hi all I have the most greatest mystery of all times. This problem has happened to me about 4 times now and is really getting annoying.I have approx 4 online games which as you all prob know are massive around 200 gig worthWell last night I had my folder with all my games in...
  3. Windows randomly deleting folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows randomly deleting folders: Hi all I have the most greatest mystery of all times. This problem has happened to me about 4 times now and is really getting annoying.I have approx 4 online games which as you all prob know are massive around 200 gig worthWell last night I had my folder with all my games in...
  4. Photos app creates "Video Projects" folder in a random folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app creates "Video Projects" folder in a random folder: Hi,When I create a new project on "Video Editor" tab of the Photos app and add some videos to the project, a random "Video Projects" folder appears in one of my video folders. The new folder contains the video I've just added to the project. This seems to happen only when I...
  5. Photos app creates "Video Projects" folder in a random folder

Photos app creates "Video Projects" folder in a random folder: Hi,When I create a new project on "Video Editor" tab of the Photos app and add some videos to the project, a random "Video Projects" folder appears in one of my video folders. The new folder contains the video I've just added to the project. This seems to happen only when I...
  6. Can I delete CacheClip folder in Videos?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I delete CacheClip folder in Videos?: Hey, My C: Drive is current on Critically low Space. I am trying to clear up some space and I saw that my CacheClips Folder located in Videos has 35GB worth of data on it. More in specific there is a folder within CacheClips with a really weird name. Can I delete this folder...
  7. Can I delete CacheClip folder in Videos?

Can I delete CacheClip folder in Videos?: Hey, My C: Drive is current on Critically low Space. I am trying to clear up some space and I saw that my CacheClips Folder located in Videos has 35GB worth of data on it. More in specific there is a folder within CacheClips with a really weird name. Can I delete this folder...
  8. Can I delete CacheClip folder in Videos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Moved Videos To A Random Folder,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moved Videos To A Random Folder,: So today i moved the videos folder to a random folder i made, then i clicked on the videos and guess what.all my videos were gone, well i can magicly view my scrn shots in the photos app well no **** i guess but yeah, even if i put the videos folder back to videos if that...
  10. Delete Videos>Captures Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete Videos>Captures Folder: Hi, I can manually delete folders like captures in video but after a restart the folder is created again automatically by Windows. How can I delete it permanently so it won't create it again? Thanks. 114727