Windows 10: Folders View Settings Are Not Saving at First Attempt

Discus and support Folders View Settings Are Not Saving at First Attempt in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently I've noticed a strange behaviour when I tried to unhide protected operating system files. I unticked the corresponding check box and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LMGR68, Jan 10, 2021.

1. LMGR68 Win User

Folders View Settings Are Not Saving at First Attempt

Recently I've noticed a strange behaviour when I tried to unhide protected operating system files.
    I unticked the corresponding check box and I received the warning, but when I pressed the OK button,
    nothing happened. When I opened the view settings again the check box was still ticked and when I repeated
    the procedure, it worked. So I made a few tests with other settings and I always had the same results: I must
    do the operation twice to take effect the settings that I change.
    I would appreciate any help with this issue.

Windows 10 Home
    version: 20H2
    Build: 19042.685

:)

LMGR68, Jan 10, 2021

2. Setting folder view

Hi. I have folders on my E drive which I like to see in List view. Some of those folders contain sub-folders which I also like to see in List view. When it comes to the actual files, I'd like them shown as Large Icons.

Is such a setup possible? Thank you. (version 1903)

- - - Updated - - -

I think I've solved it. Set top-level folder to Large Icons then go to View/Options/Change... and click Apply to Folders. Then just change the top-level folder back to Details by right-clicking an empty space.

Taking this a step further, is it possible to have different file views in different folders i.e. all the files in Folder A are shown one way while the files in Folder B are shown another?

- - - Updated - -

dortmunder, Jan 10, 2021
  3. LIO
    Lio Win User
    Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

Have you posted your problem HERE in the ESET thread for this situation?

4. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Folders View Settings Are Not Saving at First Attempt - Similar Threads - Folders View Settings

2. Folder view not saving in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder view not saving in Windows 11: Hope I can explain this in an easy manner.I usually like to keep my folder view with the large view option. It is easy to just select the Video option when I select optimize this folder for option.Normally when I do this, it stays this way. Now. once I close the window & open...
  3. Folder view not saving in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder view not saving in Windows 11: Hope I can explain this in an easy manner.I usually like to keep my folder view with the large view option. It is easy to just select the Video option when I select optimize this folder for option.Normally when I do this, it stays this way. Now. once I close the window & open...
  4. Folders View Settings Are Not Saving at First Attempt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders View Settings Are Not Saving at First Attempt: Recently I've noticed a strange behaviour when I tried to unhide protected operating system files. I unticked the corresponding check box and I received the warning, but when I pressed the OK button, nothing happened. When I opened the view settings again the check box was...
  5. Folders View Settings Are Not Saving

Folders View Settings Are Not Saving: Recently I've noticed a strange behaviour when I tried to unhide protected operating system files. I unticked the corresponding check box and I received the warning, but when I pressed the OK button, nothing happened. When I opened the view settings again the check box was...
  6. Setting folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting folder view: Hi. I have folders on my E drive which I like to see in List view. Some of those folders contain sub-folders which I also like to see in List view. When it comes to the actual files, I'd like them shown as Large Icons. Is such a setup possible? Thank you. (version 1903) 159581
  7. Viewing Saved Passwords in Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing Saved Passwords in Settings: How do I view settings when I don't remember my Windows password or PIN? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viewing-saved-passwords-in-settings/2c45f2e2-5e3e-49a2-a7a9-55cfef82af4f
  8. Folder settings not saving

Folder settings not saving: Hi I am using Win 10 Pro 1909 64 bit I set FFlags=43200000 for a Folder. This turns off all sorting and grouping. I can go to the folder and move icons to different positions. When I exit and return to folder none of the changes are saved. All my NoSaveSettings in...
  9. Folder view not saving

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder view not saving: I made a screenrecord for your understanding. Sendvid - Instant video upload 18513
  10. View settings not saved for special folders (desktop, download..)

in Windows 10 Support
    View settings not saved for special folders (desktop, download..): Hi everyone, I've made the switch to Windows 10 for about a week or so now. So far almost everything is working just as I wanted, except some sorting annoyances with File Explorer. For unknown reasons, file sort settings for special folders like Desktop, Documents,...