Windows 10: folders view

Discus and support folders view in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to change the order of columns in Details View in File Explorer and make that view the default for all folders on the computer. I also want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HiramsBrother, Aug 25, 2019.

1. folders view

I want to change the order of columns in Details View in File Explorer and make that view the default for all folders on the computer.

I also want to make all windows open maximized on the computer.

Are there ways to accomplish those two things in Windows 10? I am updated to latest version, 1903.

:)

HiramsBrother, Aug 25, 2019

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Aug 25, 2019
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Aug 25, 2019
  4. TomStrong Win User

folders view

Folder view issue

I want my folders (and subfolders) to stay in List view but they keep changing to Details view.

I have tried View>Options>Apply to Folders many times but it doesn't stick.

Any suggestions?

TomStrong, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

folders view

1. folders view - Similar Threads - folders view

2. How to set Sort, View, etc for ALL folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set Sort, View, etc for ALL folders: How to set Sort, View, etc for ALL folders.My computer randomly and infrequently changes some, not all, folders to AUTO sort by Group and AUTO show details.I want AUTO sort by None and AUTO show ListThanks...
  3. How to set Sort, View, etc for ALL folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set Sort, View, etc for ALL folders: How to set Sort, View, etc for ALL folders.My computer randomly and infrequently changes some, not all, folders to AUTO sort by Group and AUTO show details.I want AUTO sort by None and AUTO show ListThanks...
  4. How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?: How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?Now when I double-click some .jpg-file in Windows 11 Explorer, It opens the photo in Windows Photos App. The problem or issue is when I click the arrow to see the previous or next photo, the...
  5. How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?

How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?: How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?Now when I double-click some .jpg-file in Windows 11 Explorer, It opens the photo in Windows Photos App. The problem or issue is when I click the arrow to see the previous or next photo, the...
  6. Folders view options randomly resets back to default on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders view options randomly resets back to default on its own: My folders are usually arranged to have the Large Icons view, sorted by Date Modified, and Group By None. However, every now and then, it randomly reverts back to the default Details view and sorted by name. Sometimes, the "Group by" option is re-enabled again.Why is Windows...
  7. Folders view options randomly resets back to default on its own

Folders view options randomly resets back to default on its own: My folders are usually arranged to have the Large Icons view, sorted by Date Modified, and Group By None. However, every now and then, it randomly reverts back to the default Details view and sorted by name. Sometimes, the "Group by" option is re-enabled again.Why is Windows...
  8. How to fix the view of File folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the view of File folders: When using the file folders with the Windows 11 update some things changed that make working more difficult on the image I would love to not have to take the extra step of clicking more options. How can I keep it on the view with more options? Also the path bar I used to be...
  9. How to fix the view of File folders

How to fix the view of File folders: When using the file folders with the Windows 11 update some things changed that make working more difficult on the image I would love to not have to take the extra step of clicking more options. How can I keep it on the view with more options? Also the path bar I used to be...
  10. When typing in the File Explorer view to select a folder, each letter I enter moves to the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When typing in the File Explorer view to select a folder, each letter I enter moves to the...: When using the File Explorer, I used to be able to go to a file or folder by typing out its name such as typing 'PH' and it would already be on the Photos folder. Now for some reason in one particular folder whenever I type letters it jumps between the first folder of every...