Windows 10: Folders-windows10

Discus and support Folders-windows10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is it possible to add a new folder in the this pc area. The folders that are already there are desktop,downloads,documents, images, videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by User=2Years, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Folders-windows10

Is it possible to add a new folder in the this pc area. The folders that are already there are desktop,downloads,documents, images, videos

:)

User=2Years, Jan 7, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 7, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Folders-windows10

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Folders-windows10

1. Folders-windows10 - Similar Threads - Folders windows10

2. I can't open files/folders after upgrading from windows10 to windows11. Previously, I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open files/folders after upgrading from windows10 to windows11. Previously, I...: I can't open files/folders after upgrading from windows10 to windows11. Previously, I installed that folder with admin rights, but the user could not open it....
  3. I can't open files/folders after upgrading from windows10 to windows11. Previously, I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open files/folders after upgrading from windows10 to windows11. Previously, I...: I can't open files/folders after upgrading from windows10 to windows11. Previously, I installed that folder with admin rights, but the user could not open it....
  4. On windows10, when I start PC folders do not open. I have to restart PC to open folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    On windows10, when I start PC folders do not open. I have to restart PC to open folders: On windows10, when I start PC, folders do not open. I have to restart PC to open folders. How do I ensure folders open the first time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-windows10-when-i-start-pc-folders-do-not-open-i/dcebb190-eae1-43cb-9a13-a392c2a8c3a8
  5. On windows10, when I start PC folders do not open. I have to restart PC to open folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On windows10, when I start PC folders do not open. I have to restart PC to open folders: On windows10, when I start PC, folders do not open. I have to restart PC to open folders. How do I ensure folders open the first time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-windows10-when-i-start-pc-folders-do-not-open-i/dcebb190-eae1-43cb-9a13-a392c2a8c3a8
  6. On windows10, when I start PC folders do not open. I have to restart PC to open folders

7. Installed Windows10 Update today. Now files are in a TEMP folder.

Installed Windows10 Update today. Now files are in a TEMP folder.: Ho do I get them restored back so that I can see all my stuff when I sign on? Thanks, Guy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-windows10-update-today-now-files-are-in/8dfe87c1-0849-4951-ab76-765e34714177
  8. Installed Windows10 Update today. Now files are in a TEMP folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed Windows10 Update today. Now files are in a TEMP folder.: Ho do I get them restored back so that I can see all my stuff when I sign on? Thanks, Guy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-windows10-update-today-now-files-are-in/8dfe87c1-0849-4951-ab76-765e34714177
  9. Installed Windows10 Update today. Now files are in a TEMP folder.

10. Windows10: folder in mulitple different locations?

Windows10: folder in mulitple different locations?: I am an architect. I keep drawings for each project in a Drawing folder under a project name. I keep Administrative documents in another folder under the appropriate project name. Sometimes I would like to have access to administrative docs but located in the Drawing folder....