Windows 10: folders with invisiable items in them

Discus and support folders with invisiable items in them in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have some folders that contain music files but the file names are not showing up in file explorer. The hidden attribute does not appear to be set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Greg Griffett, Dec 27, 2018.

1. folders with invisiable items in them

I have some folders that contain music files but the file names are not showing up in file explorer.

The hidden attribute does not appear to be set on any of the files.

If you look in the folder in file explorer it shows no files - folder empty but if you delete the folder it shows files being deleted from the folder.

So I am wondering what is going on.

:)

Greg Griffett, Dec 27, 2018

2. "Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

folders with invisiable items in them :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!

sunnyorlando, Dec 27, 2018
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Dec 27, 2018
  4. folders with invisiable items in them

Recovering a deleted email from the deleted items folder or Recycle Bin

Thank you for the suggestion. The only message I find at the bottom of the message list in the deleted items folder is "To find older messages, use Search". My search did not work.

Thanks.

ChandrasekarapuramRSubramaniam, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

folders with invisiable items in them

1. folders with invisiable items in them - Similar Threads - folders invisiable items

2. Sent items not showing in Sent Items folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sent items not showing in Sent Items folder: I am running Microsoft Mail Not Outlook on Windows 11. I have created 2 email accounts that both work but in neither case will any sent items appear in the Sent Items folder . I have re-installed Mail twice now but the problem persists. They do not appear in any other folder...
  3. Sent items not showing in Sent Items folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sent items not showing in Sent Items folder: I am running Microsoft Mail Not Outlook on Windows 11. I have created 2 email accounts that both work but in neither case will any sent items appear in the Sent Items folder . I have re-installed Mail twice now but the problem persists. They do not appear in any other folder...
  4. Does deleting items from Downloads folder affect them saved other places?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does deleting items from Downloads folder affect them saved other places?: I would like to clean out my Downloads Folder on my laptop. I have saved all of the files I need from any downloads directly to organized folders elsewhere on my computer. If I delete them from my Downloads folder...will this also delete the files I have saved to other places...
  5. Does deleting items from Downloads folder affect them saved other places?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does deleting items from Downloads folder affect them saved other places?: I would like to clean out my Downloads Folder on my laptop. I have saved all of the files I need from any downloads directly to organized folders elsewhere on my computer. If I delete them from my Downloads folder...will this also delete the files I have saved to other places...
  6. Does deleting items from Downloads folder affect them saved other places?

7. Sent Items folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sent Items folder: How do I find the Sent Items folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sent-items-folder/226e660d-b3ed-4ed8-bdb8-1b2236d65a11
  8. Deleted Items Folder.

Deleted Items Folder.: I have 4 Hotmail accounts signed in via the W.10 mail app. All were working fine. Now I find the 1st account I added has many emails going direct to Deleted items folder. I want these emails delivered direct to my Inbox folder. How do I correct the issue ? Thanks....
  9. Recent Items: How to remove them?

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Items: How to remove them?: Hi all, I've got some sensitive personal material on my PC that are in .DOC files. I just wanted to know how I can remove this "Recent items" feature so that my .DOC files do not appear. Thank you for any help! 74255
  10. Startup Items Question; Adding to Them ? And Having A Folder Appear

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup Items Question; Adding to Them ? And Having A Folder Appear: Hello, Chipping away with getting W10 going with all of your help. Couldn't do it otherwise. So, again, much thanks-very appreciated. a. How do I add an item to the Startup list, such that it automatically will start when the PC starts ? I would like my eMail...