Windows 10: Folders with long names do not allow to be EXCLUDED, RENAME, MOVED or COPIED and GLUED.

Discus and support Folders with long names do not allow to be EXCLUDED, RENAME, MOVED or COPIED and GLUED. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I get Windows 10 to Accept COPY, MOVE, RENAME, folders with BIG NAMES ?? It is said that WInodws 10 no longer has this limitation, but this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PedroCarrera2, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Folders with long names do not allow to be EXCLUDED, RENAME, MOVED or COPIED and GLUED.

How do I get Windows 10 to Accept COPY, MOVE, RENAME, folders with BIG NAMES ??

It is said that WInodws 10 no longer has this limitation, but this statement does not appear to be True but to be false.

How do I solve this?

:)

PedroCarrera2, Feb 24, 2020

2. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Move a copy of unknown named images and rename - Powershell or Batch Script

Current research across related stack exchange posts:

1. SO - Copy first N files from source directory to “serialized” destination directory using powershell
    2. SF - Copy first 10 files from a folder and subfolders
    3. SO - Powershell to pick random files from a folder and move them to another folder
    4. SU - How to batch copy rename files
    5. SU - How to optionally copy and rename a file in Windows?
    6. SU - PowerShell Script to Rename - Copy - Move
    7. Bulk renaming of files in PowerShell with sequential numeric suffixes

If I were to guess at a solution, based on the research as my coding skill are not very good, I think one of the solutions would look something like this:

Powershell

CMD

Under A Tree, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Folders with long names do not allow to be EXCLUDED, RENAME, MOVED or COPIED and GLUED.

Renaming and moving folders

What steps do you take to try and rename a folder? Have you selected it and then right clicked on it to be able to rename it?

Moving a folder, where do you want to move it and from where?

The more information you provide about what you are wanting to do and how you are trying to do it the easier it may be to help you.

If necessary use steps recorder to show us.

HoraceWiggins, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Folders with long names do not allow to be EXCLUDED, RENAME, MOVED or COPIED and GLUED.

1. Folders with long names do not allow to be EXCLUDED, RENAME, MOVED or COPIED and GLUED. - Similar Threads - Folders long names

2. No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]: Hi everyone,The o/s is W10 Pro with two account, the "main" one has always been admin standard and has never caused problems.The "secondary" is "user" and the one causing problems: I can no longer copy/move files in folder or from folder to folder. The desktop screen flashes...
  3. No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]: Hi everyone,The o/s is W10 Pro with two account, the "main" one has always been admin standard and has never caused problems.The "secondary" is "user" and the one causing problems: I can no longer copy/move files in folder or from folder to folder. The desktop screen flashes...
  4. No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Exclude folders from Shadow Copy

Exclude folders from Shadow Copy: Hi,Is there any possible way to exclude certain folders from Shadow Copy? Like OneDrive folder?Certain folders, such as OneDrive is not necessary to include and take up file size in Shadow Copy, if we are able to exclude this we would be able to go further back in time within...
  6. Exclude folders from Shadow Copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exclude folders from Shadow Copy: Hi,Is there any possible way to exclude certain folders from Shadow Copy? Like OneDrive folder?Certain folders, such as OneDrive is not necessary to include and take up file size in Shadow Copy, if we are able to exclude this we would be able to go further back in time within...
  7. Exclude folders from Shadow Copy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to Rename/copy/move Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Rename/copy/move Folder in Windows 10: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home Single Language version 20H2. I am not able to rename/copy/move any folders since last 1 month. Screenshot of the error is as below. Anyone having these issues? If so is their a fix? Thanks for the help. [ATTACH]...
  9. RENAME OF DESKTOP FOLDER NAME

RENAME OF DESKTOP FOLDER NAME: Hi, My computer language is English and all folder names are English, but Desktop folder is shown as 'Masaustu' in Turkish language. How can I change the 'Masaustu' folder name to 'Desktop'? Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  10. Renaming and moving folders

Renaming and moving folders: When, if ever, is Microsoft going to fix the highly annoying problem that prevents folders from being moved or renamed? This has existed for some times and all kinds of "fixes" can be found on the Web but none of them work. The only fix is to do it with the Run Command, but...