Windows 10: Folders

Discus and support Folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do you pass word protect folders in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders/c11587cb-9d44-4856-a906-6d4d5e3216c9" Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by manytanks, Aug 8, 2019.

1. manytanks Win User

Folders

How do you pass word protect folders in windows 10

:)

manytanks, Aug 8, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 8, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Folders

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Folders

1. Folders - Similar Threads - Folders

2. Add folder on external drive to One Drive to sync?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add folder on external drive to One Drive to sync?: Hello, I have two external drives attached to my Surface and on one of them, I have been keeping my One Drive. On the other, I have a folder full of RAW pics that I'd like to also move to One Drive for back-up. Question: Is there a way to include this folder to One Drive...
  3. Nothing in Documents Folder

Nothing in Documents Folder: Okay, so in my documents folder there is supposed to be files but in mine there is nothing at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nothing-in-documents-folder/f90cd285-0c76-4d7f-a2bc-725f781c4dfc"
  4. Windows 10 Automatic File/Folder Backup

Windows 10 Automatic File/Folder Backup: I've been running Windows 10 automatic file/folder backup for quite some time, and it was working fine before the latest massive Windows 10 update. My files/folders are directed to be saved every 20 minutes to an external drive connected via a USB port. Now, I could be wrong,...
  5. Issue with Photo Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Photo Folders: How can I get rid of sub folders in my Pictures Files?? Example: October 2018 Instead of October 2018, 10-02-18, 10-06-18, 10-20-18, etc [Original Title: Photos]...
  6. Expand to open folder worked in 1803, doesn't work in 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Expand to open folder worked in 1803, doesn't work in 1903: I recently upgraded from 1803 to 1903. When I found this issue, I worked with Greg Carmack on the MS Community site, and he sent me links to this site. After I tried everything, he suggested I post the issue here. I also posted it to MS Feedback. When I click on a link in...
  7. Windows 10 File & Folder Search Still Sucks

Windows 10 File & Folder Search Still Sucks: Windows 10 search is completely incompetent. Across multiple installations on multiple machines it consistently fails to find what I need, often blathering out nonsensical results unrelated to my search terms or blanking entirely, the progress bar hovering near completion...
  8. File Explorer not being able to quickly display icons for programs, files and folders when...

File Explorer not being able to quickly display icons for programs, files and folders when...: When I insert any removable drive like a USB flash drive, external SSD or HDD, file explorer starts to load the icons, the quick access page and even the This PC page so slowly (took about 30 minutes or more to load and it doesn't use any of the system resources). But when I...
  9. File Explorer not being able to display proper icons for programs, files and folders when...

File Explorer not being able to display proper icons for programs, files and folders when...: When I insert a removable drive like a USB flash drive, external SSD or HDD file explorer starts to load even the icons even the quick access page and the This PC page so slowly even the CPU, RAM and HDD are completely fast and fine. But when I reopen file explorer not even...
  10. Lost Users folder

Lost Users folder: In the properties for my C:\Users\ten24 folder, I checked "Hidden", hoping to be able to get to my AppData file. I wasn't paying attention to what happened after that, but now the ten24 folder is gone, with all of the files in Documents, etc. Is there someway for me to...