Windows 10: Follow Hyperlink in Excel 2010

Discus and support Follow Hyperlink in Excel 2010 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am using W10 fully updated and Office 2010 64 bit and Chrome is my default browser (It makes no difference if I default to IE, Edge or Firefox) I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tr3v0r, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Tr3v0r Win User

Follow Hyperlink in Excel 2010

I am using W10 fully updated and Office 2010 64 bit and Chrome is my default browser (It makes no difference if I default to IE, Edge or Firefox)

I have some code in my worksheet as follows:

Dim filename
    Sub test()
    filename = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\Settings\Bing Maps.html"
    ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=filename
    End Sub

If I double click the HTML file from file explorer, it runs just fine without error or warning.

However when I try to run it from the code above, I get a popup warning message with the Title "Web Browser" and a blue shield enclosing a question mark.

The message reads:

Active content might harm your computer or disclose

personal information. Are you sure that you want to allow

Active content to access your computer.

Yes/No

Then opens the HTML file with no input to the popup, leaving the popup hidden behind the browser.

I have followed the instructions re. IE in the help link on the popup to no avail.

My friend is running the same excel code on Office 2010 32 bit on a W7 machine and does not get the same popup.

Q. What do I have to do to stop the popup warning?

:)

Tr3v0r, Oct 28, 2018
  2. Phil3 Win User

Cannot Open Hyperlinks Outlook 2010

I have scoured the Internet, tried a variety of things, but none have fixed an inability to open a hyperlink in Outlook 2010. I believe this started when I uninstalled Firefox and Adobe Acrobat Reader temporarily.

Upon clicking on a hyperlink in an e-mail in Outlook 2010, I get this error message.

"This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator".

Uninstalling, reinstalling, and changing default browsers (IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox) does nothing. I am at wits end. ANY suggestions would be very welcome.

Notes: Opening hyperlinks from Outlook.com works fine. Outlook 2010 as in Office 2010 does not work.

Thank you.

Phil

Phil3, Oct 28, 2018
  3. T WAYNE Win User
    Hyperlink in excel

Please help. I use hyperlink in excel but find that the hyperlink does not work on my windows HTC Touch mobile. What can i do?

T WAYNE, Oct 28, 2018
  4. Follow Hyperlink in Excel 2010

Hyperlink in excel

I don't think hyperlinks are supported in the mobile version of Excel. You could try using a alternative spreadsheet application that provides more functionality.
    Softmaker's PlanMaker 2008 might allow you to do this, but I don't think it is compatible with Excel 2007 (if that's an issue for you).

Julie fka profjulie, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Follow Hyperlink in Excel 2010

1. Follow Hyperlink in Excel 2010 - Similar Threads - Follow Hyperlink Excel

2. Remove Hyperlinks." on excel sheets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Hyperlinks." on excel sheets: I must remove hyperlink, You, MS said "Right-click, and then click Remove Hyperlinks." no such options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-hyperlinks-on-excel-sheets/6acbf63f-dc35-459f-8f6d-11824562a917
  3. hyperlink in excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hyperlink in excel: Suddenly excel does not give me the option to remove a hyperlink by right clicking. The drop down box suddenly does not offer that option. What changed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyperlink-in-excel/85656d17-017b-4551-958e-dd11eede4cb4
  4. hyperlink in excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hyperlink in excel: Suddenly excel does not give me the option to remove a hyperlink by right clicking. The drop down box suddenly does not offer that option. What changed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyperlink-in-excel/85656d17-017b-4551-958e-dd11eede4cb4
  5. hyperlink in excel

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Excel 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel 2010: I want to freeze the top 6 rows and columns 1, 2, and 3, I got it to do more than that but I want just the one I have mentioned. It is critical to the project I am working on, if I can't, I will have to think of something else. Is this even possible????...
  7. Excel 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel 2010: I want to freeze the top 6 rows and columns 1, 2, and 3, I got it to do more than that but I want just the one I have mentioned. It is critical to the project I am working on, if I can't, I will have to think of something else. Is this even possible????...
  8. Excel 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. excel hyperlinks changed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    excel hyperlinks changed?: I don't know if it's a result of Microsoft Office 365 update, but all the hyperlinks in my spreadsheets have changed from C:\Users\myname\Documents\Invoice\filename to C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\filename As a result, none of the hyperlinks work. I have...
  10. Excel Hyperlinks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel Hyperlinks: I have updated Windows 10 to 18362. Now hyperlinks in my Excel spreadsheets do not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-hyperlinks/ea0ff616-ad24-41d6-8409-cf95b068867a