Windows 10: Follow up to BSOD problem, after reinstalling Windows

Discus and support Follow up to BSOD problem, after reinstalling Windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, This is a follow up to a previous post, Windows 10 password, including WinRE from this Microsoft community. At first the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tree.mosey, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Follow up to BSOD problem, after reinstalling Windows

Hello everyone,

This is a follow up to a previous post, Windows 10 password, including WinRE from this Microsoft community.

At first the computer was crashing regularly, and then it started denying it's own real PIN as noted in the post above. I made a back up of the content of the hard drive and reinstalled Windows using a recovery USB, but the first time I did not know to delete the hard drive. So after that it started crashing again and started to have the same problem with denying its own PIN.

So I reinstalled Windows a second time, this time deleting all of the partitions, I believe this means I essentially wiped the hard drive and reinstalled Windows 10 again. It seemed to be working and I just installed a few basic software for my wife to use and I went out of town.

She then started contacting me saying that she was getting a "no bootable device" screen. I told her to restart it and hit the F2 button to enter the BIOS menu and start it from there.

After that she said it continued crashing many times. When it would crash she would boot using the F2 button to reboot it. At this point I told her to stop using it until I could do more work on it or get help.

I assumed that reinstalling windows would solve the problem, but I am started to wonder if there is something wrong with the hard disc. Failure to start is one thing, which seems to imply a problem with the UEFI software, but constantly crashing seems to be a second problem that would not be related to a failure to boot Windows.

Does anyone have any ideas or solutions?

Follow up to BSOD problem, after reinstalling Windows 644746a6-d8e0-4998-9b1c-2b08216a9cb9?upload=true.jpg Follow up to BSOD problem, after reinstalling Windows 63c772cf-2a91-4387-b65d-1a73870ee54f?upload=true.jpg Follow up to BSOD problem, after reinstalling Windows 5c041aaf-6fbe-4eef-b29f-cddc7eb1ebd0?upload=true.jpg

:)

tree.mosey, Feb 16, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Syrfnr Win User
    How To: Reinstall Video Drivers (Quick Guide)

Hey there. Don't know whether this thread is still active but i have a problem! I did every step and i ended up with a BSOD system service exception error. I'm running windows 7 and i was reinstalling my AMD graphics. Anyone can help me? Please

Syrfnr, Feb 16, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Follow up to BSOD problem, after reinstalling Windows

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Follow up to BSOD problem, after reinstalling Windows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Follow up to BSOD problem, after reinstalling Windows

1. Follow up to BSOD problem, after reinstalling Windows - Similar Threads - Follow BSOD problem

2. Follow up:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Follow up:: Hello,I wanted to let others know my experience with installing Windows 11 on a Dell T5810 Workstation. At first, I tried all of the suggestions, got TPM 2.0 installed, UEFI BIOS set, and secure boot start turned on, I also updated the registry and set it to unsupported mode....
  3. BSoD after reinstall windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD after reinstall windows 11: My computer started experiencing BSoD about a month ago can access the log in page and experience BSoD during using the computer I have tried to reinstall the window 11 today. It passed through the install progress and the next steps is restarted where it said the computer...
  4. BSOD at start-up following Windows update: unable to uninstall update, despite following...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD at start-up following Windows update: unable to uninstall update, despite following...: Hi. Windows installed an automatic update a couple of days ago, and now I get a BSOD when I try to start up my PC. The initial blue screen info reports: 'Stop code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED' and 'AmUStor.SYS' as 'what failed'. I followed processes to try to...
  5. BSOD at start-up following Windows update: unable to uninstall update, despite following...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD at start-up following Windows update: unable to uninstall update, despite following...: Hi. Windows installed an automatic update a couple of days ago, and now I get a BSOD when I try to start up my PC. The initial blue screen info reports: 'Stop code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED' and 'AmUStor.SYS' as 'what failed'. I followed processes to try to...
  6. BSOD at start-up following Windows update: unable to uninstall update, despite following...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD Problem: Driver Verifier Follow-up

BSOD Problem: Driver Verifier Follow-up: I have been experiencing a lot of BSOD problems. I followed the instructions on the wiki links given below to use Driver Verifier and get the DMP files, which I have linked here along with the system information generated from MSinfo32 and Speccy. The last BSOD gave me the...
  8. BSOD after Windows reinstall

BSOD after Windows reinstall: Ever since I reinstalled Windows on my PC, I have been getting random BSOD's crashes. Only thing thats different about my system is that I got two new Kingston SSD's on which I now run windows on. Could they be the problem ? Here is a minidump from the last BSOD....
  9. Reinstallation of WIN10_1803 following problems with update WIN10_1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstallation of WIN10_1803 following problems with update WIN10_1809: Microsoft agents remotely reinstalled Windows 10 (older version 1803) after updated version 1809 resulted in missing Mail & Calendar (and other) apps. In process they deleted all my 3rd party aps (Family Tree Maker, Printshop 2.0, Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.);the...
  10. Problems reinstalling Realtek HD Audio following uninstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems reinstalling Realtek HD Audio following uninstall: So, I did a major f*ck up last night. I had always been experiencing issues with my audio not being as loud as it used to. When going through the sound properties, I would get a message saying that Realtek Audio was causing issues with Windows and it was disabled. They would...