Windows 10: Follow up to to an issue with the Windows 10 default Photos App

Discus and support Follow up to to an issue with the Windows 10 default Photos App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, On May 3, 2019 I asked the following (see following link);... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Raysim52, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Raysim52 Win User

Follow up to to an issue with the Windows 10 default Photos App

Hi,

On May 3, 2019 I asked the following (see following link);

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...gs-issue/d11156ba-76fa-4c14-b8c8-0f4bfa56d1aa

I also reported the is issue on the Feedback Hub (see following link);

https://aka.ms/AA516l5

Back on May 3, 2019 my OS was;

Windows 10 Pro
    Version 1809
    OS build 17763.437

Today my OS is;

Windows 10 Pro
    Version 1903
    OS build 18362.356

The following is Snip of a photos' displayed orientation using the Photo App, Microsoft Picture Viewer and the Snip and Sketch.

1. Opening the picture with the Windows 10 Default Photo App (photos orientation is up side down);

Follow up to to an issue with the Windows 10 default Photos App e0574350-1758-4797-9743-9c7917dc7ca9?upload=true.jpg

2. Opening the picture with Microsoft Picture Viewer (photos orientation is right side up);

Follow up to to an issue with the Windows 10 default Photos App 0716c6f9-1198-4660-8d17-c628819f193a?upload=true.jpg

3. Opening the picture with Snip & Sketch (photos orientation is right side up);

Follow up to to an issue with the Windows 10 default Photos App 871a30d4-920d-4082-a539-d333583713a9?upload=true.jpg

Notice how the Photo App displays the picture up side down while the Picture Viewer and Snip & Sketch displays the same picture right side up!

Using the photo app is very frustrating when transferring photos from the PC to a Digital Photo Frame! On the PC the photos appear to be oriented correctly but when you view them on the digital photo frame the orientation can display the top of the photo either up, down, left of right.

Another thing is if you open photos with the Photo App click on the edit & create drop down arrow, click on edit, click on save a copy and then click on save, the photos orientation issue is solved!

Regards

Ray

:)

Raysim52, Sep 18, 2019

2. Make Photo Moto default photo app?

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Sorry to know that the issue persists. I suggest you to search for it in Search and pin it to Start Menu.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to search and type Photo Moto app. Right-click on it to pin it to Start menu.
    • Go to Search. Type Settings. Click on it open.
    • Click on System. Click on Default apps. Then follow the instructions from the link below to set Photo Moto as default app for Photos.
    Choose the apps Windows uses by default:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/choose-programs-windows-uses-default

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 18, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Follow up to to an issue with the Windows 10 default Photos App

Make Photo Moto default photo app?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are facing currently, and we in Community will try to resolve your issue the best way we can.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to make photo moto app as default app.

1. Right click on the photo.

2. Click on open with

3. Click on choose default program.

4. Choose photo moto app from the list.

5. Check the check box set this program as default.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Follow up to to an issue with the Windows 10 default Photos App

1. Follow up to to an issue with the Windows 10 default Photos App - Similar Threads - Follow issue default

2. Default photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default photos app: As you can from the attached pictures, I have told Windows to use Snip & Sketch as my default image viewer.Yet despite this, every time I try to open a photo attached to an Outlook email, it keeps asking me what app to use.What is the fix please?ThanksMax...
  3. Default photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default photos app: As you can from the attached pictures, I have told Windows to use Snip & Sketch as my default image viewer.Yet despite this, every time I try to open a photo attached to an Outlook email, it keeps asking me what app to use.What is the fix please?ThanksMax...
  4. Default photos app

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Printing pdf or photos, from default apps issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printing pdf or photos, from default apps issue: Hi, I've come across an issue that I cannot seem to find a resolution to. When printing from Windows 10 default pdf Edge and photo viewer, if you increase the copy numbers, they will jump around. I've been researching it but I have yet to find an answer and I hope someone...
  6. Windows 10 Default App Issues

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Default App Issues: Please let me know how should I fix multiple Windows 10 app issues like Photos, Calendar, Weather, Stor to update apps, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-default-app-issues/0c0a8c21-9554-404c-94ee-4ec23c029308"
  7. Windows 10 Photo App issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Photo App issue: I encountered an issue with Windows 10 Photo App because I am unable to move the pictures in the location I want. I prefer them to be grouped according to the place where they where taken rather than the time they were added to the Photo App. But when I click and drag a photo...
  8. Windows 10 default Photos App settings issue

Windows 10 default Photos App settings issue: Hi, I am using the Windows 10 default Photos App to view, edit, Etc. photos on my computer. Is there a way to change the Photos App orientation display settings, to display a true representation of the photos orientation? The reason I am asking is when I use the Windows 10...
  9. Windows 10 Photos App Issues.......

Windows 10 Photos App Issues.......: I know this may get moved but since it is part of Windows 10 thought I would start here. I have found hundreds of posts on many different places on the web about Win10 Photos app not showing pictures in folders and since I had not asked here I figured I would see if anyone...
  10. Windows 10 Default apps issue

Windows 10 Default apps issue: Alright so at my stupidity I was following the instructions of a xbox live support representive with my xbox app they told me to run a powershell command that deleted all my apps and then run this other powershell command to restore my apps. I have been trying to get my apps...