Windows 10: following a microsoft update today Chrome will not work!

Discus and support following a microsoft update today Chrome will not work! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Following a Microsoft update today Chrome will no longer work. Please help noting that I am NOT technically minded Many thanks Paul... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Paul - DFG Solicitors, Nov 22, 2018.

1. following a microsoft update today Chrome will not work!

Hi

Following a Microsoft update today Chrome will no longer work. Please help noting that I am NOT technically minded

Many thanks

Paul

:)

Paul - DFG Solicitors, Nov 22, 2018
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Hotkeys not working properly while chrome is running.

Hi
    RishabhPatel9

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Are you using a USB keyboard or Wireless keyboard?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Install Package and Driver.

I would suggest you to go through the article from the manufacturer which talks about
    The hot keys on Notebook are not functioning properly’.Follow
    the step mentioned for Mute/adjust volume.

Method 2: Disable the extensions.

1. Launch Google Chrome and go to settings.
    2. Select Tools> go to Extensions.
    3. Click the ‘Keyboard Shortcuts’ link at the bottom of the page.
    4. Search for Google Play Music section.
    5. Change the option from ‘In chrome’ to ‘Global’ and vice versa.

Method 3: Enable Google Chrome.

1. Press ‘Shift+Ctrl+Esc” at the same time on your keyboard, this will open the task manager.
    2. Go to startup Tab, check for Google chrome.
    3. If it is disabled, select the google chrome option and click on
      Enable.

If none of the methods worked, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Google chrome, or Try connecting a different keyboard and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Nov 22, 2018
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Nov 22, 2018
  4. following a microsoft update today Chrome will not work!

Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

following a microsoft update today Chrome will not work!

1. following a microsoft update today Chrome will not work! - Similar Threads - following microsoft update

2. One update today so far May 11th. Will another one follow for 21H1 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One update today so far May 11th. Will another one follow for 21H1 update?: Just got KB5003173 which takes the public build to .985.. Will another one follow on to complete the update to 21H1?May 11, 2021—KB5003173 OS Builds 19041.985 and 19042.985 microsoft.com...
  3. Cannot access anything Microsoft following today's update 01/24/2020

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot access anything Microsoft following today's update 01/24/2020: "GETTING MESSAGE "THIS APP CANT - OPEN CHECK THE STORE" - But I cannot even open the store - On January 24, 2020 Windows did an update. After the update all of my microsoft and Xbox stopped working on my pc. I need OFFICE for my work and cannot access. I get message this...
  4. Apps not working following Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps not working following Windows update: Recently, every time I permit a Windows 10 update (twice in the last few days), non-Windows apps stop working. I can then sometimes get the apps running by uninstalling and reinstalling. This is just the latest in a long and ever-growing list of incidents since Windows 10...
  5. Microsoft Streets and Trips appears stop working after Microsoft update today.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Streets and Trips appears stop working after Microsoft update today.: My 2010 Street and Trips stop opening today. It tries to open and then gives a message. "A licensing initialization error has occurred. Please contact customer support for more assistance Error 0xC004D301" I have uninstalled the program and re-stalled and the same error...
  6. does microsoft work for chrome?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    does microsoft work for chrome?: will microsoft work with chrome cause it doesn't seam to work at all i have no idea i downloaded it and it took like half an hour when i finish it said "please download a app on chrome webstore to use this" i do not know why its not working please help me out! Thank you *...
  7. HDMI not working following Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI not working following Windows update: I had my internet connections set to metred for over a year because I like to get my computer set up so it is working and then not mess with it. Recently new software was complaining that my Windows 10 build was too old, so I let it completely update. Following the updates I...
  8. Thunderbird will not work following Windows updates

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird will not work following Windows updates: Recently, following updates to Windows 10, I have not been able to receive my e-mail. Can anyone give a solution please? 100696
  9. Microsoft native app updates today

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft native app updates today: MS seems to be having a field day updating the native apps at the moment, virtually all the native ones have updates available over last couple days so if your store update settings are set to manual you might want to run a check. About the only one i reckon I haven't seen is...
  10. Todays Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Todays Update: Hi There. Just did the latest update this morning took a while to complete but working okay. Just one issue I notice in my C drive that there is Windows old showing up with this latest update will it be okay to delete that ? as we did before when I went from W8.1 to...