Windows 10: Following a Windows 10 update - I cannot sign into the local account on my PC.

Discus and support Following a Windows 10 update - I cannot sign into the local account on my PC. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Completed several updates on my PC yesterday and now I’m unable to sign into the local account on the PC. Previously, on the windows sign in page... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AllyL 7, Jun 15, 2019.

1. AllyL 7 Win User

Following a Windows 10 update - I cannot sign into the local account on my PC.

Completed several updates on my PC yesterday and now I’m unable to sign into the local account on the PC.

Previously, on the windows sign in page both account names would appear bottom left. Now it is the admin account I’m under and “Other User”

When I select “Other User”, it asks me for the email address and password. As it is a local account it was just set-up with a Username and password. Underneath it only give the option of

“sign-in: Work or School Account”

The ability to put a user name in has gone and you can only insert an email. To change sign-in options to a PIN there is the ability to insert a Username but having deleted the local account I had to set-up again the option for PIN doesn’t appear for the local account.

Will there be another update to rectify or is this something I have to amend or change an option to?

Thanks

:)

AllyL 7, Jun 15, 2019

2. "Sign in with local account" button is not working.

Hi,

Failure to sign in to your local account can be related to how the user permission is configured on your device. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type winver
      in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?

As an initial step, we suggest that you create a new user and check if you'll be able to sign in to your local account from there. To create a new user, you can follow the steps provided on this

link

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Following a Windows 10 update - I cannot sign into the local account on my PC.

Windows 10 - Wrong Microsoft Account linked to local admin account - no Sign in with local account instead link available

Thanks for the response. What I suggest you do is to switch to a local account and then switch back to your Microsoft account.

Here's how:

• Sign in using the Microsoft account.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Under Your email and accounts, click Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Type the password of the Microsoft account and click Next.
    • Under Switch to a local account, click Next.
    • Click Sign out and finish.

Once you're done switching to a local account, you can now set your new Microsoft account to associate on your Windows 10 computer. Make sure to type in the correct email address you want to associate to your PC. Follow the steps provided above and click
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead to set up your new account.

Should you have further questions, let me know.

Aileen Alf, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Following a Windows 10 update - I cannot sign into the local account on my PC.

1. Following a Windows 10 update - I cannot sign into the local account on my PC. - Similar Threads - Following update cannot

2. Can't sign into my local windows account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into my local windows account.: I use 3 sign in methods, fingerprint, pin, and password, however fingerprint is the only working one. The password always shows as wrong, and when I go to type the pin, the cursor freezes and won't allow me to type. The local admin account which only uses a password still...
  3. Cannot Sign in to Local Account after Reverting to Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot Sign in to Local Account after Reverting to Windows 10: I tried Windows 11 on my Dell XPS, but things just weren't working right, to be brief. So, I chose the revert back to Windows 10 option. Good thing I backed up my data because, despite them saying it shouldn't cause any issues, it messed up my entire computer at the boot...
  4. Cannot Sign in to Local Account after Reverting to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Sign in to Local Account after Reverting to Windows 10: I tried Windows 11 on my Dell XPS, but things just weren't working right, to be brief. So, I chose the revert back to Windows 10 option. Good thing I backed up my data because, despite them saying it shouldn't cause any issues, it messed up my entire computer at the boot...
  5. Cannot Sign in to Local Account after Reverting to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Cannot sign in to Microsoft account locally on Windows 10 but can sign in on Microsoft.com

Cannot sign in to Microsoft account locally on Windows 10 but can sign in on Microsoft.com: I can sign into my Microsoft account on the Microsoft website but not locally on Windows 10.This is stopping me from upgrading to Windows Pro.The account I am trying to use is the same one I am using to post this question.I encounter the same problem when trying to add...
  7. Unable to create Local account in Window following latest update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to create Local account in Window following latest update: [IMG] Help! Following the latest Window update I am no longer able to use my computer because it wants me to log into a microsoft account. I tried bypassing this with windows Key- Settings and creating a local account without setting up a microsoft account but it wont...
  8. Local account created but cannot sign in with it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local account created but cannot sign in with it: Hello, I've created a local account on a computer, but it won't let me sign it. I also tried the changing the password for that user to see if I could around it that way; I got the through the security questions, and tried changing the password, but the new password...
  9. I cannot log into my local account for Windows 10

I cannot log into my local account for Windows 10: I cannot log in to my local account for my new Windows 10 laptop. I accidentally set it up as the administrator and now I cannot even reset my computer as it requires the password to perform a system reset. Does anyone know how to perform a system restore without the...
  10. Cannot Sign In to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Sign In to local account: Hi , I'm Used local admin for a while but yesterday i logged in to the ms store and bought some game. Now i notice that my local admin account is now linked to ms account. I have now to enter my ms account password to login , cannot change local admin password,cannot sign...