Windows 10: Following auto update today further to turn off, laptop W10 fails to boot

Discus and support Following auto update today further to turn off, laptop W10 fails to boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 12/3/2020 Update notified when turning off my W10 HP Envy, so continued auto turn off. Attempt to boot up later failed. I have a repair flash drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeterMatthews2, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Following auto update today further to turn off, laptop W10 fails to boot

12/3/2020 Update notified when turning off my W10 HP Envy, so continued auto turn off.

Attempt to boot up later failed. I have a repair flash drive but any attempt to continue demands a password. The only password I have is the one that I access the laptop with, which is rejected.

I am now accessing your website with my old HP laptop. Please advise at your earliest.

:)

PeterMatthews2, Mar 12, 2020
  2. Deejayw1 Win User

Sleep or Hibernate are followed by full boot since W10 auto update

Following a W10 auto update my laptop fails to properly enter Sleep or Hibernate from the command menu. Shutdown does occur after a longer interval than usual and recovery always results in a cold boot which does not remember settings like Task Manager preferences.
    Prior to the update (with no other coincidental changes) Sleep/Hibernate and recovery were working 'as advertised'!

How do I restore the status quo without resorting to a restore (if available) ?

Deejayw1, Mar 12, 2020
  3. w10 auto play dead

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn on auto play for DVD and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Go to “Control panel”.
    • Click on “auto play”.
    • Under the tab “choose what happens when you insert each type of media or device” check the box “Use auto play for all media and devices”.
    • Then under the option DVD you can select the appropriate option and check if it helps.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Following auto update today further to turn off, laptop W10 fails to boot

Slow Boot With W10, Samsung SSD

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• Have you followed the auto run steps from the method 1 link?
    • What happens exactly when you try auto run?

I suggest you to go to the link and download the “Download Autoruns and Autorunsc”
    and run it as per instructions and please let us know with the results.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Following auto update today further to turn off, laptop W10 fails to boot

1. Following auto update today further to turn off, laptop W10 fails to boot - Similar Threads - Following auto update

2. Laptop keeps turning off after Windows 11 update today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps turning off after Windows 11 update today: Everytime I turn my laptop on after today's Windows 11 update, I get a message on a blue screen saying that something went wrong, and before I have the chance to do anything, my laptop **** off. I HAVE IMPORTANT WORK TO DO!! Get rid of this update!...
  3. Laptop keeps turning off after Windows 11 update today

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps turning off after Windows 11 update today: Everytime I turn my laptop on after today's Windows 11 update, I get a message on a blue screen saying that something went wrong, and before I have the chance to do anything, my laptop **** off. I HAVE IMPORTANT WORK TO DO!! Get rid of this update!...
  4. W10 laptop screen turns off

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 laptop screen turns off: Hello, I recently got a new laptop with a fresh install of W10. Whenever I consume any hands-off content, like Youtube videos, my screen finds it appropriate to shut off on me. I am well aware that this is due to my battery saving settings that are set to make the screen...
  5. Turn off auto update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn off auto update.: This last update took out my sound and some programs stopped working. Is there a way to turn off updates besides scheduling them a month out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-update/3585d437-9248-4340-8356-49c85a747ff2
  6. Auto turn off network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto turn off network: Hi please help me why auto turn off my wifi My windows is update and all drivers but auto torn off wifi or when run steam and start the game my wifi is auto run off and my ping is time out...
  7. Turn off auto scroll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn off auto scroll: How do I turn off auto scroll on my HP laptop running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-scroll/b414d54b-d266-4497-a9f2-e0f4432dfc8b
  8. Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!

Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!: I have a seriou issue. i use windows 10 on a bootcamp macbook pro. i have an external eGPU running an AMD card and i used particular drivers. i only use windows 10 to play 1 game and nothing else. the last updates makes my monitors not work anymore. The drivers do not...
  9. Turn off auto updates for Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off auto updates for Windows Defender: I'm using win10 pro 1803. How to turn off auto updates for Windows Defender ? Thanks. 139783
  10. how to turn off auto updates

how to turn off auto updates: i do not wish to upgrade my laptop every week because i have minimal space for it and quite frankly do not want to automatically do it is there a way to turn off the automatic updates?...