Windows 10: Following my adventures to restore my Surface I've come up against a brick wall

Discus and support Following my adventures to restore my Surface I've come up against a brick wall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; "Bad system config info" is my latest message when trying to get in to Safe Mode Then back to automatic repair. Can't go back to previous versions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RSC49, Sep 5, 2018.

1. RSC49 Win User

Following my adventures to restore my Surface I've come up against a brick wall

"Bad system config info" is my latest message when trying to get in to Safe Mode

Then back to automatic repair.

Can't go back to previous versions as I removed those for more disk space

No startup restore points

I can almost input my bitlocker key from memory now. How sad.

:)

RSC49, Sep 5, 2018
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked

Before try that, have tried resetting the UEFI options?

To reset the Surface Pro to the default UEFI settings, follow these steps:

• Press the Power button and the Volume Up button at same time while are starting the Surface Pro device.
    • Set Trusted Platform Module (TPM) to enabled.
    • Set Secure Boot Control to enabled.
    • Press Install Default Secure Boot keys.
    • Press Exit setup, and then save the changes.

3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Following my adventures to restore my Surface I've come up against a brick wall :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Following my adventures to restore my Surface I've come up against a brick wall - Similar Threads - Following adventures restore

2. Looking for grandmaster strategies - I've hit a wall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for grandmaster strategies - I've hit a wall: I've begun playing spider solitaire 2 suits at the grandmaster level and find that the same few cards will appear multiple times in a round. Like, 4 8s. I have yet to win a game at this level. Please tell me what kinds of strategies other players use at the grandmaster level....
  3. Looking for grandmaster strategies - I've hit a wall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for grandmaster strategies - I've hit a wall: I've begun playing spider solitaire 2 suits at the grandmaster level and find that the same few cards will appear multiple times in a round. Like, 4 8s. I have yet to win a game at this level. Please tell me what kinds of strategies other players use at the grandmaster level....
  4. Surface Laptop 2 bricked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Laptop 2 bricked: Background info:Hardware: Surface Laptop 2 8GB RAM Intel I5 modelSoftware: Windows 11 Pro Windows insider preview channelProblem:After shutting down my SL2 no new software installed and going to sleep, I wake up the next morning to turn on my SL2.Expected result:Boots into...
  5. Surface Laptop 2 bricked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Laptop 2 bricked: Background info:Hardware: Surface Laptop 2 8GB RAM Intel I5 modelSoftware: Windows 11 Pro Windows insider preview channelProblem:After shutting down my SL2 no new software installed and going to sleep, I wake up the next morning to turn on my SL2.Expected result:Boots into...
  6. CandyLand Adventure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CandyLand Adventure: i used a virtual machine to install a 32 bit windows installation and installed CandyLand Adventure a 16bit program for win 3.1/98 and it opens but after starting to play the game it crashes I don't know what is going on pls help...
  7. Bricked my Surface Pro?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bricked my Surface Pro?: I have a Surface Pro 7. I decided to change my PIN as I forgot both my PIN and my Password. I always use Windows Hello but for some reason it doesn't work sometimes and requires a PIN. Anyway, I changed my PIN successfully, and restarted my device. Now, I now cannot...
  8. Please help! My surface go has become a brick.

in Windows 10 Support
    Please help! My surface go has become a brick.: Hello all! I was trying to decrypt my bit-locked C drive but the process went wrong. Now I cannot log into my windows. Worse still, the Windows installation media does not work either - my computer can be booted into the USB drive but it is stuck on a blank blue screen. My...
  9. Windows 10 1903 Bricked my Surface Book

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 Bricked my Surface Book: Was happily running Windows 10 and decided to upgrade to 1903. After Windows 10 1903 update and subsequent PC reset, the system failed to boot properly. Tried to use Recovery from the cloud (Failed) using my recovery key and then Advanced Options to Go Back to previous...
  10. My adventures with SSD alignment

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My adventures with SSD alignment: I have just purchased a crucial Ssd 500gb. I copied the old boot drive with a triple boot of XP, win 10 x86 and win 10 x64. While googling SSD I came across an article on alignment, so I used aomei partition tool to re-align the xp and 32 bit partitions but discovered the x64...