Windows 10: Following refresh, have errors updating Windows and installing apps

Discus and support Following refresh, have errors updating Windows and installing apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did a refresh on my Windows 10 desktop the other day, to see if it would free up space on my boot drive by eliminating stuff I didn't use. That seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yu gnomi, May 28, 2018.

1. yu gnomi Win User

Following refresh, have errors updating Windows and installing apps

I did a refresh on my Windows 10 desktop the other day, to see if it would free up space on my boot drive by eliminating stuff I didn't use. That seems to have worked, but I am getting errors in Windows update:

Following refresh, have errors updating Windows and installing apps [​IMG]

and also installing MS Store apps:

Following refresh, have errors updating Windows and installing apps [​IMG]

I have tried re-booting, signing out/in of account, downloading and running Windows Update troubleshooter, and clearing Windows update cache with batch file that: stops BITS, stops Windows Update service, deletes cache and re-starts Windows Update service and BITS.

None of those steps fixed my problems, and I am open to suggestions as how to fix this

:)

yu gnomi, May 28, 2018

2. error following an update

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

The error code suggests the issue to be of Windows Updates. I suggest you to
    Run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      and hit Enter.
    If the issue still persists, then let us know and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, May 29, 2018
  3. apps removed while refreshing

Hi Tersia,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I'll certainly help you with this.

I would like to let you know that when you perform a system refresh(reset), the apps you installed from websites and DVDs will be removed. Apps that came with your PC and apps you installed from the Windows Store will be reinstalled. Windows puts a list
    of removed apps on your desktop after refreshing your PC.

I suggest you to visit your manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers for Windows 10.

To fix the issues with internet connection, I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Internet Connections.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Following refresh, have errors updating Windows and installing apps

1. Following refresh, have errors updating Windows and installing apps - Similar Threads - Following refresh errors

2. Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070005:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070005:...: At least every other day for the past month or so I've been getting the following messages:Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070005: 9WZDNCRFJ3PT-MICROSOFT.ZUNEMUSIC.Not a great problem in the whole scheme of things but I do...
  3. Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073701:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073701:...: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073701: 2022-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5021233....
  4. Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073701:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073701:...: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073701: 2022-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5021233....
  5. Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073701:...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800700ea

in Windows 10 News
    Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800700ea: [ATTACH]In this post, we will talk about solutions to fix the Windows Update error 0x800700ea. According to the users, this error occurred on their system while installing the Cumulative Update. There could be many causes of this error, like missing or corrupted system files,...
  7. Having "Error" in installing or updating any apps.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Having "Error" in installing or updating any apps.: Hi! Im having problems with this, i cant seem to download, install or update any application. then this prompt after checking "see details" on why is there an error.Any help is appreciatedThank you....
  8. Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024200D:...

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024200D:...: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient Date: 9/1/2020 8:27:51 PM Event ID: 20 Task Category: Windows Update Agent Level: Error Keywords: Failure,Installation User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-SVOCV7A...
  9. Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0xC1900101:...

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0xC1900101:...: i have several computers, one of them failed to update : Ive tried several times.. here are the logs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjCXoYRyRvKdlaA555rh-mne2xNP9Q?e=5YWaHr can anyone see whats wrong??...
  10. Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80246013:...

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80246013:...: After updating to Windows 1809 I get the above error daily in windows reliability monitor. This has happened to 2 different laptops. One is x1 yoga 3rd gen the other is a Thinkpad t470. I have already run sfc /scannow and there are no problems. I have run windows...