Windows 10: following update, when shutting down windows 10 keeps wanting to update and restart all the...

Discus and support following update, when shutting down windows 10 keeps wanting to update and restart all the... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Using Windows 10, following update recently, when shutting down PC continually asks to update and shutdown. No further updates available. Message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by blue10, Apr 3, 2021.

1. blue10 Win User

following update, when shutting down windows 10 keeps wanting to update and restart all the...

Using Windows 10, following update recently, when shutting down PC continually asks to update and shutdown. No further updates available. Message stating 2021-03 cumulative update preview for windows 10 version 20h2 for x64 based systems KB5000842

Have typed this into Windows support, but completely confused.

Can you help please?

:)

blue10, Apr 3, 2021
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4: July 12, 2016

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Haksery Win User
    Windows 10 update being enabled.

Anyway , You are luckier than me. My computer was locked directly after updated to Windows 10 . but the solution is easy.

Haksery, Apr 3, 2021
  4. TC-man Win User

following update, when shutting down windows 10 keeps wanting to update and restart all the...

Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

1. following update, when shutting down windows 10 keeps wanting to update and restart all the... - Similar Threads - following update shutting

2. Can’t update, restart, shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t update, restart, shut down.: Hello.Windows Update in Settings keeps loading only shows the loading circle and after a few minutes it shows a text : “Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later.When i try to restart by choosing update and restart or restart it just get stuck at Restarting with...
  3. Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update: Microsoft what the f are you doing when I click "SHUT DOWN and update" I freakin want my pc to turn off not to restart wait a few seconds type my password and wait again, click shut down, then wait AGAIN another 2~3 minutes to turn off and then to see its off. And the f-in...
  4. Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update: Microsoft what the f are you doing when I click "SHUT DOWN and update" I freakin want my pc to turn off not to restart wait a few seconds type my password and wait again, click shut down, then wait AGAIN another 2~3 minutes to turn off and then to see its off. And the f-in...
  5. Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Constant “Shutting down…” and/or “Restarting…” following Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant “Shutting down…” and/or “Restarting…” following Cumulative Update: I installed the most recent cumulative update for Windows 10 on my laptop. It did not install properly, and since then when I try to Shut Down I receive a constant “Shutting down…” message. Even after the computer has been shutting down overnight. Finally, I pressed the power...
  7. Constant “Shutting down…” and/or “Restarting…” following Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant “Shutting down…” and/or “Restarting…” following Cumulative Update: I installed the most recent cumulative update for Windows 10 on my laptop. It did not install properly, and since then when I try to Shut Down I receive a constant “Shutting down…” message. Even after the computer has been shutting down overnight. Finally, I pressed the power...
  8. Constant “Shutting down…” and/or “Restarting…” following Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Shut down to update led a restart prompt followed by a update error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shut down to update led a restart prompt followed by a update error: I went to go shutdown and update so windows can update when I did it led to a restarting screen followed by a windows error (I couldn’t see what it says) before shutting down my pc completely so I boot it up and after awhile It boots and I try to update once more where I met...
  10. Update and Shut down / Update and Restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update and Shut down / Update and Restart: Sometimes after installing maintenance and performing a Restart, the Power options say (Update and Shut down" and "Update and Restart". Windows does not have another Restart scheduled at that point, but the few times I've seen that I decided I'd better do a restart just in...