Windows 10: .fon fonts not displaying on my Windows 10

Discus and support .fon fonts not displaying on my Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. For about a year I have noticed my PC does not show text at all for certain GUI applications. And others it shows corrupted text:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Peekurchoo, Mar 22, 2020.

1. .fon fonts not displaying on my Windows 10

Hello.

For about a year I have noticed my PC does not show text at all for certain GUI applications. And others it shows corrupted text:

.fon fonts not displaying on my Windows 10 a185863e-c5b6-4ce6-beb7-586fdc28dfc0?upload=true.png .fon fonts not displaying on my Windows 10 e13effa1-85cf-4007-b625-90f25b2f0051?upload=true.png

I recently had the time to investigate this and I discovered that my PC is not displaying any files of the .fon type.

.fon fonts not displaying on my Windows 10 dce610c2-2e4f-4ea5-b5f0-1477089ec0de?upload=true.png

I'm really not sure what to do at this point.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and sfc /scannow showed everything is great! too bad it's not.

I don't even know if I can create substitute fonts in the registry that substitute .tff for .fon. I'd probably have to do that for every .fon file too.

Windows 10 Home

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI

Hopefully someone can help!

Edit: Here's what my fonts folder appears as. Notice the 'invisible' .fon files.

.fon fonts not displaying on my Windows 10 eb962368-6de7-4d25-b9d2-b37cf667b370?upload=true.png

Edit 2:

Safe mode shows fonts

.fon fonts not displaying on my Windows 10 4ba9c9d8-bcd5-4c26-94ff-10df1b572535?upload=true.png

:)

Peekurchoo, Mar 22, 2020

2. I can't use bitmap font (.fon) in any program

Hey there, I have some problems with bitmap fonts

I got some .fon fonts, and installed them, but now I can't use it in any program.

But they actually exists in C:\WINDOWS\Fonts

How is the compatibility of .fon in Windows 10? I have 1903.

May be the ones I'm using are very old, they are actually from a original copy of Windows 3.1.

One of them is Fixedsys (8514FIX.FON).

Any help is welcome, thanks.

Angel Ruiz Fernandez, Mar 22, 2020
  3. I can't use bitmap font (.fon) in any program

Hey there, I have some problems with bitmap fonts

I got some .fon fonts, and installed them, but now I can't use it in any program.

But they actually exists in C:\WINDOWS\Fonts

How is the compatibility of .fon in Windows 10? I have 1903.

May be the ones I'm using are very old, they are actually from a original copy of Windows 3.1.

One of them is Fixedsys (8514FIX.FON).

Any help is welcome, thanks.

4. .fon fonts not displaying on my Windows 10

I can't use bitmap font (.fon) in any program

Thanks for answering, a lot.

You mean that all fonts of Windows 3.1 but Courier New and Lucida Sans Typewriter are incompatible with Windows 10 right?

Is this happening for all other bitmap monospaced fonts? (.fon)

Is there a newer version of this font in bitmap format compatible with Windows 10?

The TTF (vectorized) versions I already tried don't recreate properly the pixel corners.

Thanks, have a nice day.

Thema:

.fon fonts not displaying on my Windows 10

1. .fon fonts not displaying on my Windows 10 - Similar Threads - fon fonts displaying

2. Delete Windows 10 *.fon files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete Windows 10 *.fon files: Windows 10 seems to not need *.fon files, yet I have 192. "Access is denied" for deletion. Not found in Registry, unlike TTF etc., so how KILL? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-windows-10-fon-files/d2f62203-7187-40b6-bec6-0aa3a42e36bc
  3. windows 10 default display font

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 default display font: Greetings Windows 10 Pro winver 1809 where do I find windows 10 default display font? how do I change it? thank you 163652
  4. blurry fonts! and no font display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blurry fonts! and no font display: My fonts blurred out in explorer and even in browser! my Pc was running all good,but suddenly all text from Uc browser to file explorer just went missing! In my desktop , Icons show their name in blurry font and in explorer files show icon but do not have any name on...
  5. .fon fonts not displaying on my Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .fon fonts not displaying on my Windows 10: Hello. For about a year I have noticed my PC does not show text at all for certain GUI applications. And others it shows corrupted text: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I recently had the time to investigate this and I discovered that my PC is not displaying any files of the .fon type....
  6. I can't use bitmap font (.fon) in any program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't use bitmap font (.fon) in any program: Hey there, I have some problems with bitmap fonts I got some .fon fonts, and installed them, but now I can't use it in any program. But they actually exists in C:\WINDOWS\Fonts How is the compatibility of .fon in Windows 10? I have 1903. May be the ones I'm using are...
  7. I can't use bitmap font (.fon) in any program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't use bitmap font (.fon) in any program: Hey there, I have some problems with bitmap fonts I got some .fon fonts, and installed them, but now I can't use it in any program. But they actually exists in C:\WINDOWS\Fonts How is the compatibility of .fon in Windows 10? I have 1903. May be the ones I'm using are...
  8. Font Display

Font Display: How do I get windows to allow the correct graphic display of fonts that are not in its standard library of fonts. The fonts in particular are Balloon Bd BT, Balloon Lt BT, and Balloon XBt BT. The Font selector says "This is a scalable printer font. The screen image may...
  9. Windows 10 Display font issue.

Windows 10 Display font issue.: Hi, I have ran into this weird font swap issue in windows 10. The Browsers as well as program installers and some part of software's like the menu bar and others are now showing font's which are not meant to be. [img] As in the picture this weird font is appearing all...
  10. Windows 10 Display Font

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Display Font: Need help to change my font size back to the original default size 37903