Windows 10: font color on desktop

Discus and support font color on desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows must have recently made an update as the desktop background that I had was changed to a picture. I changed it back to a solid color but now the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dlouroberts, Feb 4, 2020.

1. font color on desktop

Windows must have recently made an update as the desktop background that I had was changed to a picture. I changed it back to a solid color but now the text it almost impossible to read. It is white with a black shadow. I want it to just be black text. Anyone know how to change it. I have done some of the recommended stuff and none of it has worked.

I hate when they do that....if I wanted different backgrounds, I would do it myself.

TIA

:)

dlouroberts, Feb 4, 2020

2. Fonts color

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answer to the question below:

Are you trying to change the color of the system fonts? Or are you trying to change the color in a particular application?

I understand your query, to change the font color I suggest you to make few changes in the Personalization settings and check if that helps:

To do that,

1. Tap on Windows + I
    on the keyboard.

2. Click on the Personalization option.

3. Now click on Colors option.

4. Click on the preferred color from the list of colors.

We await your response.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Font colors on desktop.

Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop icons in Windows 10??

MikeHunter_RTT, Feb 4, 2020
  4. NeoSOS Win User

font color on desktop

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

font color on desktop

1. font color on desktop - Similar Threads - font color desktop

2. Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop...: Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop icons Windows11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-font-color-how-do-i-change-the-font/16cd1e04-287b-464d-9aae-77476ea85128
  3. Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop...: Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop icons Windows11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-font-color-how-do-i-change-the-font/16cd1e04-287b-464d-9aae-77476ea85128
  4. Desktop Icon Font Color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon Font Color: I am blind in my right eye and the vision in my left eye is fading, I need to somehow change the color of the desktop icon font. I have increased the size of the icons as much as I can but the font is still white and I can't read it without a magnifier. Please help me...
  5. Desktop Icon Font Color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon Font Color: I am blind in my right eye and the vision in my left eye is fading, I need to somehow change the color of the desktop icon font. I have increased the size of the icons as much as I can but the font is still white and I can't read it without a magnifier. Please help me...
  6. Desktop Icon Font Color

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Black font color in desktop icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black font color in desktop icons: https://ibb.co/gPJNH5z I prefer to use white font but W10 automatically switches to black. I can solve it by doing this process: right click on desktop>personalize>then switch from "image" to "solid color" and then back to "image". The thing is that eventually the font...
  8. font color

font color: How can I make font color darker I can't see the light blue very well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-color/56ecabe7-246a-46bb-84df-3cdb60597e7c
  9. Change Desktop icon font color

Change Desktop icon font color: I've tried the changing background to Orange, etc and it doesn't work for me. Somewhere, it was mentioned about changing to orange then changing back. Followed the procedure and it didn't work.Would like to change to black. Pete 78333
  10. Change Font Color on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Font Color on Desktop: How do I change the color of the fonts on my desktop icons? 47919

Users found this page by searching for:

1. darken fonts on screen