Windows 10: Font display

Discus and support Font display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Working on a presentation in PowerPoint. Downloaded fonts appear in the drop down list in PowerPoint but do not display when added to text in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FPaulLounsbury, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Font display

Working on a presentation in PowerPoint. Downloaded fonts appear in the drop down list in PowerPoint but do not display when added to text in the presentation.

:)

FPaulLounsbury, Jul 13, 2019

2. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 13, 2019
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Font display

Display Font

So, I have a very cool set up/theme on my computer, or at least I think its very cool! Ya know, as girly as possible yet not over done with pink glitter or any crap like that, just feminine I guess (lol).
    So I'm looking to change the DISPLAY font to go along with this theme I have created. Not a new font layout, not the size of the font, but THE WHOLE FONT DISPLAY.

For an example, where it says "Search the web and Windows" it would show in the font of my choice.

When I click on the Windows Start and all my apps are listed, they would be listed in my font.

Or when I go to log in, under my name it would show MY FONT. MY FONT would be shown EVERYWHERE there is any text!

How, please??! I have made it to the screen where it list's all the available fonts, ones that I have installed and what not. (Settings --> Personalization --> Fonts) However, once I open the font I would
    like to apply there are no options to do so... Its frustrating, the one thing to make my theme be complete!! I appreciate bringing the option back of choosing a custom color for display options, but there has to be a reason these fonts have been installed
    and are listed in the personalization menu. Not to mention you can purchase more fonts from the store... Please help!

lisalisaloo, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Font display

1. Font display - Similar Threads - Font display

2. Font thumbnail not display correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font thumbnail not display correctly: Several of my thumbnails do not diplay in the actual font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-thumbnail-not-display-correctly/62a6c6d6-012d-4493-8537-b6f98ba06f06
  3. Font thumbnail not display correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font thumbnail not display correctly: Several of my thumbnails do not diplay in the actual font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-thumbnail-not-display-correctly/62a6c6d6-012d-4493-8537-b6f98ba06f06
  4. dialog box fonts too small even when 200% display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dialog box fonts too small even when 200% display: Hey, I've adjusted my display to be 200% on my computer. But the dialog boxes inside word and xls are all 9pt and I can't figure out how to fix. This is really problematic guys. visually impaired and NOT accessible. Other advice to adjust the display setting and increase by...
  5. dialog box fonts too small even when 200% display

dialog box fonts too small even when 200% display: Hey, I've adjusted my display to be 200% on my computer. But the dialog boxes inside word and xls are all 9pt and I can't figure out how to fix. This is really problematic guys. visually impaired and NOT accessible. Other advice to adjust the display setting and increase by...
  6. Visio 2007 in WIN11 cannot display Urdu fonts that are visible in WIN10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visio 2007 in WIN11 cannot display Urdu fonts that are visible in WIN10: System. One PC with WIN10 Pro and one with WIN11 Pro. Both 64-bit. Urdu language packs installed.Application Issue: Visio 2007. Urdu TrueType Fonts both Naskh and Nastaliq style and Urdu keyboard installed. All Urdu fonts available in MS Word, Scrivener, LibreOffice, InPage,...
  7. Visio 2007 in WIN11 cannot display Urdu fonts that are visible in WIN10

Visio 2007 in WIN11 cannot display Urdu fonts that are visible in WIN10: System. One PC with WIN10 Pro and one with WIN11 Pro. Both 64-bit. Urdu language packs installed.Application Issue: Visio 2007. Urdu TrueType Fonts both Naskh and Nastaliq style and Urdu keyboard installed. All Urdu fonts available in MS Word, Scrivener, LibreOffice, InPage,...
  8. All fonts display as squares in OneNote

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All fonts display as squares in OneNote: For quite some time now I have had an issue with OneNote. It seems to happen completely randomly, I have found no trigger, the problem just appears some days and can go away in the middle of the day without a reboot or reinstallation/repair. It may also persist for days, I...
  9. All fonts display as squares in OneNote

All fonts display as squares in OneNote: For quite some time now I have had an issue with OneNote. It seems to happen completely randomly, I have found no trigger, the problem just appears some days and can go away in the middle of the day without a reboot or reinstallation/repair. It may also persist for days, I...
  10. The fonts are displayed normally everywhere else, but the fonts are broken only in the lock...

The fonts are displayed normally everywhere else, but the fonts are broken only in the lock...: Elsewhere the fonts all display normally. Fonts are displayed normally in both applications and browsers. However, the font is broken only in the lock screen language selection list.This is the language list at the bottom right of the lock screen....