Windows 10: font gets changed during typing automatically

Discus and support font gets changed during typing automatically in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using Phonetic Hindi typing keyboard as mentioned on instructions here Now I open a new document start typing in Hindi using Mangal font. [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sandila, Nov 27, 2020.

1. sandila Win User

font gets changed during typing automatically

I am using Phonetic Hindi typing keyboard
    as mentioned on instructions here
    Now I open a new document start typing in Hindi using Mangal font.

font gets changed during typing automatically [​IMG]

after being able to correctly type a few words , during typing the font automatically changed to Kokila

font gets changed during typing automatically [​IMG]

the point to note is I did not change the font from Mangal to Kokila Microsoft word automatically keeps changing it without user intervention and it is very very irritating during typing font getting changed automatically. While I am writing some important document break the flow of typing and go back manually select words during whose font got changed during typing because then the whole flow of typing breaks, the thought process in mind breaks ,and I have to re write the paragraph again and again because font change disturbs the formatting.
    Many a times during a deadline submission this increases a lot of work at the typists end.
    Is there some way to prevent this kind of thing i.e. font getting changed from Mangal to Kokila during typing.
    Once I have set Mangal font I would prefer to type in that only.

:)

sandila, Nov 27, 2020

2. Bolded Font on Internet Browsers

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a Windows 10 update that changed your font settings automatically. If you recently updated your operating system, we suggest that you follow these steps to see if the font will go back to normal:

• Type font in the search bar.
    • Select Change Font settings.
    • Click Restore default font settings.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Dennis Mop, Nov 27, 2020
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Nov 27, 2020
  4. font gets changed during typing automatically

Windows 10 changing Font

I cannot change the system fonts in Windows 10. I have gone in and changed the title bars, etc, but there are still some fonts that are too small for my eyes. One example is my Outlook address book. Anyone have any suggestions please?

DonnaRothman, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

font gets changed during typing automatically

1. font gets changed during typing automatically - Similar Threads - font gets changed

2. Input metod randomly changes during typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input metod randomly changes during typing: Hi,while using word, randomly without my input, language settings revert to US english. While using russian mnemonic and only while using russian mnemonic - same problem does not exist with e.g. mandarin chinese a whole line of text reverts to latin script as if I wrote with...
  3. Input metod randomly changes during typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Input metod randomly changes during typing: Hi,while using word, randomly without my input, language settings revert to US english. While using russian mnemonic and only while using russian mnemonic - same problem does not exist with e.g. mandarin chinese a whole line of text reverts to latin script as if I wrote with...
  4. Start menu font was misteriously changed to a serif type

Start menu font was misteriously changed to a serif type: Evening!I recently formatted my PC and, due to my advancing age, my readability is a bit affected, so I used Winaero Tweaker WAT to change some fonts, such as message boxes, title bars, menus, icons and the system font. The ideal thing would be to do this in a native control...
  5. Will Sticky Notes ever get Font type or size changing capabilities?

Will Sticky Notes ever get Font type or size changing capabilities?: This would be a really nice feature for those of us who have multiple sticky notes on our desktop and would like an additional way to distinguish between these notes aside from the note color. In particular, I use sticky notes for work and have one I like to use as "daily...
  6. Change font color on "Type here to search" box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change font color on "Type here to search" box: Hello, when I enter text in the "Type here to search" box, that next to the Windows icon, it is white and the text that I type also appears in white so my question is, how do I change the color of the text in the "Type here to search" to black? Thank you Bob...
  7. type font

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    type font: does anyone know how to increase the font size on the Microsoft document app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-font/a2ce21df-e1ed-4332-86f7-046e7cd08c00
  8. automatic change of font style

automatic change of font style: In my existing doc created in Word 10 (Office 365) the font style is automatically changing. The example I created a doc about a month back and now I want to do editing. Whenever I am typing, the font style is changing. The existing doc is in Arial 12 font. Now it is...
  9. HOW TO CHANGE SIZE AND TYPE OF FONTS

HOW TO CHANGE SIZE AND TYPE OF FONTS: MY FONT IS TOO SMALL AND TOO LIGHT HURTS MY EYES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-size-and-type-of-fonts/c91f7123-9b2f-49fb-8a5f-a483ff452c23
  10. Change Desktop Icon Font Type - How?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Desktop Icon Font Type - How?: Hi Guys, New to the forums. I've just installed Windows 10 and everything is going well so far. I just wondered if anyone knew if it was possible to change the desktop icon font type at all? I've seen there is a program called Iconoid to change the colour of the text...