Windows 10: Font has red/blue/yellow "shadow". Not completeley black

Discus and support Font has red/blue/yellow "shadow". Not completeley black in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I setup my desktop from scratch and ended up with the following issue: In some applications the font seems to be not completely black (has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by winlvr, Aug 22, 2020.

1. winlvr Win User

Font has red/blue/yellow "shadow". Not completeley black

Hi all,

I setup my desktop from scratch and ended up with the following issue:
    In some applications the font seems to be not completely black (has some weired coloring mostly red/blue).
    I had this issue way back and the solution was a very easy change in some setting. I just can't remember it.
    Adjust clear type text did not help and wasn't the solution back then. Calibration is also not the problem. The resolution in NVIDIA settings is set to native.
    Below is a link to screenshot (btw. if I take a screenshot the jpg looks just fine. I did this thoth my mobile phone)
    My Monitor: BenQ PD3200Q

My Win10 version is: Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.450)

Any help would be highly appreciated

Dropbox - IMG_2918.jpg - Simplify your life

:)

winlvr, Aug 22, 2020

2. Yellow font hyperlinks

After upgrading to windows 10 some hyperlinks show up with yellow fonts making them difficult for me to read. Does anyone know how to change the default color for hyperlink fonts from yellow to blue or red?

Thanks for your time

Bob M

Chad Husband Constinc., Aug 22, 2020
  3. Meow9000 Win User
    Forgot how the Yellow,Black & Red wires should be (FAN question)..

Black-Red-Yellow

Ninja Edit: molex are Red-Black-Black-Yellow if your connecting direct

~meow

Meow9000, Aug 22, 2020
  4. AV3950 Win User

Icon Font - lost white/shadowed font

I recently installed a new hard drive and did a fresh install of Windows 10. As I started to reinstall programs, I was happy to see that the font was white/shadowed because I had somehow lost that feature before and my fonts were very hard to read.

I transferred a bunch of files off my old hard drive onto my new one while I slept. In the morning, my white/shadowed font was replaced with just white and now all of them are much harder for me to read.

I have found a way to get the font to switch to black, but it isn't very satisfactory. Does anyone know how to get the white/shadowed font back?

Edited with Answer:

Turns out my spouse was messing with controls!

I solved the issue. If anyone else would like to know what I did:

Use the search bar to search "advanced system settings" (which you can also access through the control panel). Then choose "performance settings." Then check "Use drop shadows for icons..." And hit ok.

AV3950, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Font has red/blue/yellow "shadow". Not completeley black - Similar Threads - Font has red

2. MY PC GIVES GREEN / YELLOW / RED / BLUE SCREEN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY PC GIVES GREEN / YELLOW / RED / BLUE SCREEN: Hello Guys , lately my computer is not working normaly. My computer started freezing, it started showing "green screen" of several colors, I turned on the computer and after two minutes it stays like this. I thought it was a virus so I decided to reset the computer, but to no...
  3. MY PC GIVES GREEN / YELLOW / RED / BLUE SCREEN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY PC GIVES GREEN / YELLOW / RED / BLUE SCREEN: Hello Guys , lately my computer is not working normaly. My computer started freezing, it started showing "green screen" of several colors, I turned on the computer and after two minutes it stays like this. I thought it was a virus so I decided to reset the computer, but to no...
  4. Why do my photos print with red shadows instead of black?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my photos print with red shadows instead of black?: I have what seems to be a unique problem as I have not seen it addressed anywhere on the internet. I have Windows 10 and each time I print a photo from the Microsoft Photos App I get red shadows instead of black. It is not a problem with my Epson XP-620 printer or its...
  5. Why do my photos print with red shadows instead of black?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do my photos print with red shadows instead of black?: I have what seems to be a unique problem as I have not seen it addressed anywhere on the internet. I have Windows 10 and each time I print a photo from the Microsoft Photos App I get red shadows instead of black. It is not a problem with my Epson XP-620 printer or its...
  6. Why do my photos print with red shadows instead of black?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. What is this red blue yellow cube with hands

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is this red blue yellow cube with hands: can anyone tell me what is this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-red-blue-yellow-cube-with-hands/c49423b2-6424-4898-900e-ecd467dbdf0f
  8. Installing, color banner RED YELLOW BLUE

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Installing, color banner RED YELLOW BLUE: After discovering that the 1909 update blocked some things from working properly, then finding the 2004 doing similar, WHY do these have different color banners when I try installing? Who has a fix to get Eudora to install without problems on 2004? [ATTACH]...
  9. desktop icon has blue & yellow shield on it

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icon has blue & yellow shield on it: Hello All, I have a program Netgear Prosafe VPN client. I have it installed on 2 Win 10 pc's On 1 pc the desktop icon has a yellow and blue shield on the lower right corner. I found that means the app will need elevated privileges to run it always prompts for admin acct...
  10. Shadow font on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shadow font on desktop icons: I want to remove shadow font on desktop icons in Windows 10. I have tried doing this from Advanced Settings but the shadows persist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shadow-font-on-desktop-icons/912d5448-3aa4-4d59-bb3e-add9f5021727