Windows 10: Font I installed not showing in photoshop

Discus and support Font I installed not showing in photoshop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm using windows 10 and photoshop 2019. I am trying to install a font and it doesn't show up in photoshop. I drag and drop the OTF font in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Real-Time_Systems, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Font I installed not showing in photoshop

I'm using windows 10 and photoshop 2019. I am trying to install a font and it doesn't show up in photoshop. I drag and drop the OTF font in c:\windows\fonts, and I even restart computer, but it doesn't show up. When I double click the font to install, it installs in c:\users\fonts\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\fonts and still doesn't show up in photoshop.

Picture of the paths they are being saved to on computer -

https://imgur.com/XrUwsVw

My questions are -

1) what are differences between these 2 file paths for installing fonts?

2) how do I properly install fonts in photoshop.

submitted by /u/Real-Time_Systems
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Real-Time_Systems, Oct 29, 2019
  2. AlSmoke Win User

Photoshop Fonts Menu Truncated After Windows Update?

The latest big Windows update (which might be 1803...I'm not sure) has caused a weird issue: The font selection menu in Photoshop (CS, ver. 8) is truncated. The list is arranged alphabetically, for the most part, and it now ENDS abruptly somewhere around
    the letter M. I have something like 3,000 fonts installed, so being unable to access two-thirds of them is a BIG problem.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? And are there any suggestions for a fix? Thanks!

Moved from: Windows 10 / Install & upgrade

AlSmoke, Oct 29, 2019
  3. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Ron Wolpa Win User

Font I installed not showing in photoshop

not all fonts installed on the system (C:\Windows\Fonts) are shown

picture 1 : on Photoshop fonts menu the fonts name are shown but not exhibited
    all fonts on this list I am missing used to be inside C:\windows\fonts

Font I installed not showing in photoshop [​IMG]

Picture 2 : C:\windows\fonts Those fonts listed on Photoshop fonts list are no longer inside fonts folder (?!) ....
    ... and it was not me who uninstalled them

Font I installed not showing in photoshop [​IMG]

I tried to do the same than you inside the Powershell (PS C:\WINDOWS\System> 1s c:\windows\fonts ) ,
    however the term 1s was not recognized as cmdlet , function , etc etc ;
    Thanks

Ron Wolpa, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Font I installed not showing in photoshop

1. Font I installed not showing in photoshop - Similar Threads - Font installed showing

2. Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.: Good day,I have installed a font. However, it doesn't show in the fonts folder. I tried to open it with \\ComputerName\c$\Windows\Fonts - still, the file isn't there I sorted the files by date to make sure I don't miss it because of obscure file name: nothing showed with the...
  3. Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.: Good day,I have installed a font. However, it doesn't show in the fonts folder. I tried to open it with \\ComputerName\c$\Windows\Fonts - still, the file isn't there I sorted the files by date to make sure I don't miss it because of obscure file name: nothing showed with the...
  4. Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. 20H2 Doesn't Show Fonts I Installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    20H2 Doesn't Show Fonts I Installed: Hi... Just got a Dell Optiplex 7010 with Win 10 Pro 20H2, build 19042.928. Windows Font Manager seems to work fine and I installed several Helvetica and Korinna fonts, all of which showed up fine right after installation. A few minutes later, none of them were available in...
  6. Photoshop icon is not showing on taskbar

Photoshop icon is not showing on taskbar: As the title says, the photoshop cs6 icon is not showing on my taskbar [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photoshop-icon-is-not-showing-on-taskbar/f4d3e662-a219-41c3-825d-66be36b4e84c
  7. Installed fonts wont show up

Installed fonts wont show up: My computer, along with 3 others at my office, have an issue with missing fonts. After Upgrading all the computers to windows 10 there have been issues with a few computers. In microsoft word, if I start a new file, certain fonts will only show up as Arial font (Old...
  8. Fonts on Windows 10 are installed are not showing in the Fonts folder

Fonts on Windows 10 are installed are not showing in the Fonts folder: Hey everyone, I have run into a font issue on Windows 10. I currently have a machine that is on Windows 10 1803 version 17134.590. This is a work computer on the domain. The font I am trying to get working is Bookman Old Style. When I looking in the Fonts folder, it does...
  9. fonts installed but not showing

fonts installed but not showing: Hi I've installed a font family - HK Grotesk - but some of the iterations, ie BOLD, aren't showing when I go to use them in Word. This has happened with other fonts I've installed. I've tried removing the fonts and reinstalling, restarting the pc, downloading from a...
  10. Fonts not working in photoshop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fonts not working in photoshop.: I had windows 7 and upgraded to windows 10 yesterday. I use photoshop for work and have special fonts I use to do that work. Now when I go to use photoshop I get "Selected font failed during last operation" message. I can not seem to fix the issue. Can anybody help?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. missing font in photoshop