Windows 10: Font, Icon sizes and restore points

Discus and support Font, Icon sizes and restore points in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have read through 1000's of posts regarding the function and ability to increase font size (that used to be available in Windows 7 Color and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Olive11251, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Font, Icon sizes and restore points

I have read through 1000's of posts regarding the function and ability to increase font size (that used to be available in Windows 7 Color and Metrics). I have had Microsoft in my system and Dell. Sadly I am a photography business I run 3-Windows 7 and 2-Windows 10Pro systems. The option of lowering screen resolution is NOT an option. I buy monitors for resolution purposes. The only solution to this is (made my Microsoft advanced tech team) is to purchase and or download a third party application to change this. How incredibly sad is that. AND as a PRO user I can't get rid of 1/2 the junk on the system that my employees really shouldn't have or even see.

These issues date back to the release date of Windows 10 (much like the Vista nightmare). They still have been unanswered and no updates seem to be in sight since these are being read and escalated to "designers and engineers".

Most information on these two issues are locked... no commenting and unresolved.

And let's add the fact you now have programmed in to have our restore points automatically delete after 90 days. Seriously? My Windows 7's can be up to almost a year back. Again, why are you taking this away from us that need it? In fact you shouldn't have control of what and how long we choose to keep something as simple as a restore point.

When is Microsoft going to start listening to us? What are you thinking by taking away Windows 7 Pro that functions for a business perfectly and give us junk that can not be removed, a system that can not be personalized to vision (enlarging fonts, icons etc) WITHOUT changing your screen resolution and or adding a third party application. I truly think this is a beyond a joke when your team's at all levels say to use a third party application. When in fact you could easily program this back in and have many happy Windows 10 PRO users. But, instead the forums and internet are full of nothing but complaints and unresolved issues. Again, much the same as what Vista was years ago.

Microsoft needs to step back and reevaluate the PRO version. You want all this junk on a Home version fine... I get it, it's a home version for kids etc. But why on earth would you not give PRO versions some power over some of this?

This will eventually paralyze my business when Windows 7 is gone. I suppose since these issues date back over 2 years on some of this Microsoft is going to sit and do nothing and not listen to us PRO users. Hence you are going to be losing business mainly in small business, graphics, photography etc. I could list massive lists of how this is affecting a majority of your users. But, if you took an hour out of your day and really read through all these unresolved issues you may understand. BUT, when are you going to fix it? Or are you just going to surrender like Vista rank it away or loose everyone to MAC's?

Think long and hard about this Microsoft. This isn't going to go away. You have many over 40 users that are angered and bitter. You truly haven't considered your place in the market and stats thereof.

:)

Olive11251, Feb 8, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Font Size

Hi Ken,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to change the font size.

• open Kindle app

• Hamburger icon on the top left

• Then select settings

• Click on options and check if you are able to find options for font settings
    You can try this short cut by pressing Ctrl button with scrolling your mouse to zoom the screen size.

Feel free to reply to us for further assistance and we’ll be more than happy to help.

Arul_D, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

Font, Icon sizes and restore points

Font/ icon size in Windows 10!

Hi Jud,

Based on the information that you've shared, we'd need additional details to determine the cause of your concern.

We'd like to know the following:

• If you're looking to increase the desktop icon's font size.
    • If you're looking to increase the size of the desktop icon.
    • The troubleshooting steps that you've already performed.
    • The version of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Font, Icon sizes and restore points

1. Font, Icon sizes and restore points - Similar Threads - Font Icon sizes

2. System Restore Point Is Small In Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Point Is Small In Size: I bought a laptop with no OS. I put Windows 11 Home on it. I don't have much on the laptop - steam, 1 game and 3 documents. I created a restore point because everything worked great and then a bit later made some changes. I wanted to delete the previous restore point and...
  3. System Restore Point Is Small In Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Point Is Small In Size: I bought a laptop with no OS. I put Windows 11 Home on it. I don't have much on the laptop - steam, 1 game and 3 documents. I created a restore point because everything worked great and then a bit later made some changes. I wanted to delete the previous restore point and...
  4. Desktop Icon Layout and Font Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon Layout and Font Size: Yesterday in the middle of working on my Surface Pro 7, my screen glitched and when it popped back up, my Desktop icons were extremely small and missplaced. I am unable to move the desktop icons that do show on my desktop its as if 1 icon is the size of a quarter of my...
  5. Increase ICON label font size???????

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase ICON label font size???????: Seems I can adjust all the font sizes in Windows 10 and ICON sizes but the ICON labels remain tiny. Any fix coming for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-icon-label-font-size/f56feeaf-3894-4e38-9eba-2b9d5fdcad0d
  6. Changing size of icon font on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing size of icon font on desktop: Hope y'all can help me out. There's a free win.10 utility that you use to change things on win.10. Among the things you can change is icon font size, spacing, etc. You can change all kind of things. Thing is, I once had it and reformatted and lost it. Does anyone know the...
  7. Font and icons size

Font and icons size: Font size is too small, but it's only on desktop and in file explorer, other fonts are ok. Also icons on desktop overlays each other even though i choose align icons to grid. How can I solve it? Changing scaling doesn't work.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Taskbar Icon size and overall fonts

Taskbar Icon size and overall fonts: So after all my upgrades (I have 4 7pro systems running and networked) I had to add a new system hence Windows 10. What a joke!!!!!!!!!! It's Windows 10 PROFESSIONAL and it has so much junk on it it's CRAZY!!!!!!!!! I can't even uninstall 3/4 of them. Microsoft dialed...
  9. what is the ideal size to save restore point?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    what is the ideal size to save restore point?: as seen in this image, mine is set to save with this size limit. should i increase it? i ask because few weeks ago when i tried to use restore option to revert to time when pc was working fine, and got error message and said it couldnt use it...maybe because the size i set...
  10. Icon size and fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon size and fonts: Need help please. Love the Win 10 preview. My problem is some of my icons are too big or too small. Half and half on the desktop. My fonts are so small I can hardly see them Also my icons are just about touching. Need to space them better.On Explorer the text is fine but when...