Windows 10: Font in windows changed after adjusting display settings

Discus and support Font in windows changed after adjusting display settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was adjusting my display settings since my 2nd display was too bright and had some messed-up gamma settings. After adjusting it it offered me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MCUniversity, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Font in windows changed after adjusting display settings

I was adjusting my display settings since my 2nd display was too bright and had some messed-up gamma settings. After adjusting it it offered me to enable clear type. It said it was recommanded, so i first pressed continue, but after going thru the settings in there for a few seconds i pressed cancel. Then I opened windows explorer and saw that my font was bolded. I went into cleartype again and turned it off for all monitors, but after going thru the full process, the font is STILL bolded! HOW DO I REMOVE THIS IT IS SO ANNOYING.

Font in windows changed after adjusting display settings 972c7d36-8da0-432c-875e-ecdd19b40bd8?upload=true.png

:)

MCUniversity, Dec 20, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

can't adjust font size...

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query on this forum.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size and check if it helps.

• Type fonts on the search bar and select it.

• Click on change font size from the left pane.

• Make changes according.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Ajalalex Win User
    Unable to Change Font/Icon size from Setting app in Windows 10

Hi,

The previous dpi scaling on the control panel, do not exist anymore. I can´t adjust nothing.

I´m with the win10 build 16176 and don´t appear same way. Microsoft discontinuous that option and keep just only for adjust in the Modern UI Settings, Why?

It´s do not help. Miss you windows 7 in this case was perfect7. Font in windows changed after adjusting display settings :(

Ajalalex, Dec 20, 2020
  4. SusanZy Win User

Font in windows changed after adjusting display settings

Unable to Change Font/Icon size from Setting app in Windows 10

Old title: Change Font/Icon size

Windows 10 takes care of this issue by supporting per-display DPI scaling to address. By default, Windows 8.1 will choose the optimum DPI scaling value for each display based on the value
    chosen for overall scaling in the control panel.

You can change Modern UI text size by following the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Display.
    • Now change the font size according to your choice.

When I attempt to follow these directions, the slider bar to make the font larger is at the far left. I can drag it to the right but as soon as I drop it, it bounces back to the left and therefore does NOT change the font size.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Susan Z

SusanZy, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Font in windows changed after adjusting display settings

1. Font in windows changed after adjusting display settings - Similar Threads - Font changed adjusting

2. Display Font Size Changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Font Size Changed: Hi, Last week I started up my Surface laptop Studio and the Font Size has changed. Everything is huge and I do not like it. Could somebody please assist me with resolving this issue? I went into the display settings several of times and still cannot figure it out. R/SAndy...
  3. Display Font Size Changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Font Size Changed: Hi, Last week I started up my Surface laptop Studio and the Font Size has changed. Everything is huge and I do not like it. Could somebody please assist me with resolving this issue? I went into the display settings several of times and still cannot figure it out. R/SAndy...
  4. Windows changes display settings

Windows changes display settings: On a number of occasions, when I turn on my laptop, Windows 11 has changed the lock screen to show pictures - while have always have it set to Windows Spotlight. And often changes the background to a different wallpaper to the one i use.I am getting fed up of always having to...
  5. multiple display settings change after windows reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple display settings change after windows reboot: Hi,Asus Zenbook. Has inbuilt 2nd screen AKA screenpad. I don't need the screenpad so turned display settings / multiple displays to "show only on 1". This has worked for the last 18 months.Two days ago the screenpad came on. Display settings / multiple displays showed,...
  6. multiple display settings change after windows reboot

multiple display settings change after windows reboot: Hi,Asus Zenbook. Has inbuilt 2nd screen AKA screenpad. I don't need the screenpad so turned display settings / multiple displays to "show only on 1". This has worked for the last 18 months.Two days ago the screenpad came on. Display settings / multiple displays showed,...
  7. multiple display settings change after windows reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Font and display changed after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Font and display changed after 20H2 update: After updating to 20H2 the fonts and how the display is not as crisp as it was before. Did this update change the settings? How do I get my display to look as it once did or is it possible? I have also noticed that when in the display settings then going to advanced options...
  9. change the font size for all display

in Windows 10 Customization
    change the font size for all display: Would someone please tell me how to increase the size of the font for displaying on my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-font-size-for-all-display/d9409518-186e-4da3-8566-0bf0f0c24759
  10. how to change font settings?

how to change font settings?: how to change font settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/how-to-change-font-settings/e2f0d3ce-bd17-4a80-8ded-b4b4b9e3cdd9