Windows 10: Font installed but not appearing

Discus and support Font installed but not appearing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently downloaded a font which consist of regular, condensed and expanded variants. However, when I installed them, only the regular variant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EthanLowe, Jul 8, 2020.

1. EthanLowe Win User

Font installed but not appearing

I recently downloaded a font which consist of regular, condensed and expanded variants. However, when I installed them, only the regular variant appeared. I've tried on several apps, such as Word, WordPad, Paint and Paint.net, but neither the condensed nor the expanded variants appear.

As usual, I followed some solutions from other users, but they have proven unsuccessful for me. Now, when I install them, the three variants do not appear in the Registry Editor, but appear in Settings > Personalisation > Fonts, and only one variant appears in Control Panel which has changed every time I've uninstalled and reinstalled the font.

I've tried reinstalling them by opening the fonts in Windows Font Viewer and clicking on Install, but a message appears saying that the font is already installed.

The only way for one variant to appear is to install it on its own, or uninstall the other variants.

The font itself was created privately, so it is not available anywhere online.

Some pictures:

Font installed but not appearing 5fefab21-3133-4bb0-9439-cb6840a40b2c?upload=true.jpg

Control Panel

Font installed but not appearing 7f7f25e2-6109-4794-ba11-6d5b3184ea74?upload=true.jpg

Downloads

Font installed but not appearing 148c3f71-3881-4e50-b216-9cf8db068f1c?upload=true.jpg

Windows Font Viewer

Font installed but not appearing 36e5e0d6-a8cc-4c59-b229-f557c5a12d35?upload=true.jpg

Registry Editor

Font installed but not appearing 1eb0a344-ac96-4e6b-8506-bacd9b4e9f6c?upload=true.jpg

Font settings Font installed but not appearing eeb623c3-0eb3-4d5d-b716-d283b4cacd1d?upload=true.jpg

paint.net showing regular variant

Thanks in advance.

:)

EthanLowe, Jul 8, 2020
  2. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Jul 8, 2020
  3. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Font installed but not appearing

Can't install fonts / custom fonts don't appear in games

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We will surely assist you with the issue.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check.

1. Use File explorer to navigate to the folder where the fonts you want to install are.

2. Select the font files you want to install.

3. Right click and select Install.

Let us know if this helps.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Font installed but not appearing

1. Font installed but not appearing - Similar Threads - Font installed appearing

2. Ghost font appearing when font not installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost font appearing when font not installed: Ghost font appearing when font not installed. I downloaded Roboto font from Google's website and installed after disabling Roboto from Adobe CC fonts - I do not have auto activate enabled. All worked fine for a few months and then Cond Bold disappeared after a microsoft...
  3. Ghost font appearing when font not installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ghost font appearing when font not installed: Ghost font appearing when font not installed. I downloaded Roboto font from Google's website and installed after disabling Roboto from Adobe CC fonts - I do not have auto activate enabled. All worked fine for a few months and then Cond Bold disappeared after a microsoft...
  4. Fonts not appearing on old programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fonts not appearing on old programs: This is a problem that has been bugging me for a few years. Whenever running an old program, the fonts don't appear. I don't have this problem with any app or program made recently, we're talking like old InstallShield installers and things like that.Here's me installing a...
  5. Fonts not appearing on old programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fonts not appearing on old programs: This is a problem that has been bugging me for a few years. Whenever running an old program, the fonts don't appear. I don't have this problem with any app or program made recently, we're talking like old InstallShield installers and things like that.Here's me installing a...
  6. install a font

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install a font: how install a font? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-a-font/3674b5ba-2655-49cf-9f0a-ea5226b184d9
  7. Additionally installed fonts are unavailable after reboot but appear to be still installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Additionally installed fonts are unavailable after reboot but appear to be still installed: I installed powerline fonts see below to use with the WSL2 terminal and within VS Code. Each time I reboot the PC the font is not available and it defaults to some other font. As a workaround I reinstall the the fonts, I am being prompted "the font already exists. do you...
  8. Installed font doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installed font doesn't appear: Hello, I recently had to reset my laptop (Asus Model UX461UN, Windows10) and unfortunately didn't think to save my fonts. Now I need to re-edit a publisher document with several HelveticaNeue fonts. There are many different versions of HelveticaNeue (Light, Condensed, etc),...
  9. Fonts not appearing correct

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fonts not appearing correct: Quite often my fonts show up in some words "squished" together. Sorry not quite a technical term. I tried to copy and paste an example but they copy just fine without the "squish". Have tried changing the font but doesn't help. Am using an insider version of windows....
  10. Windows 10 Fonts Appearing Garbled After Installing Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Fonts Appearing Garbled After Installing Update: Hi, I have an Alienware 17 R5. Some Windows Updates were installed on my device recently, and they seemed to have corrupted my Windows 10 system font. For instance, this is how some Start menu items appear for me. Microsoft Edge's fonts are all messed up as well (note how...