Windows 10: Font Installer Hijacked

Discus and support Font Installer Hijacked in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed a chinese font installer software, after uninstalling it, it won't let me install other fonts because the installer is pointing to that old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RealPetChicken, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Font Installer Hijacked

I installed a chinese font installer software, after uninstalling it, it won't let me install other fonts because the installer is pointing to that old chinese font software and not the stock windows 10. I don't know what to do?

Font Installer Hijacked [​IMG]

:)

RealPetChicken, Feb 9, 2017

2. how to add language package ?

You. You're the one who needs it.

That's all you need? Well to explain all of that will take quite a long post and it would be hijacking the thread.

The only way you can get Indian language support on your phone yourself without breaking warranty is to get a font pack that includes indian language letters.

chanchan05, Feb 9, 2017
  3. CREATORS FALL 1709 UPGRADE - system font size gone

Thank you, both of you. I have linked to the Winaero you gave and it works. The others I tried to d-load yesterday had been hijacked and were taking me to unknown sites.

There is one area that is still affected, and that is my MS Office OUTLOOK. Inbox, Outbox and the contents of ALL folders I have created in the font of my choice does not look like the font of my choice. Not the list of Mail Folders on the left, but emails
    I have saved. Win 10 Version 1709 is not recognising fully my font choice. The shape is correct, but the appearance is so thin & spidery. May sound like triva to most, but these are my files, used every day.

Any ideas?

GrahamJones1, Feb 9, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Font Installer Hijacked

Chinese software, causing issues. Do not try a Malware scan, just nuke the drive with DBAN and install a fresh copy of Windows. Make sure that you change all online passwords also.

bro67, Feb 9, 2017
  5. I don't think i'll do that.

6. bobkn Win User
    bobkn, Feb 9, 2017
  7. I went to regedit and under ttf there was nothing. However, i did a search for the chinese application name and it found the following:

8. Font Installer Hijacked

okay deleted the folders with ?? ???? ????? in my regedit, there was 2 in total, now when i open a ttf font file it opens in the default windows app and not the chinese application anymore.

9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Right click ttf file. Open With. More apps. Scroll down to Look for another app on this pc. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\fontview.exe

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Font Installer Hijacked

1. Font Installer Hijacked - Similar Threads - Font Installer Hijacked

2. install a font

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    install a font: how install a font? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-a-font/3674b5ba-2655-49cf-9f0a-ea5226b184d9
  3. install a font

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install a font: how install a font? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-a-font/3674b5ba-2655-49cf-9f0a-ea5226b184d9
  4. Windows installer hijacking system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows installer hijacking system: Seriously Microsoft! Can you program your installer to know when it's on a hard drive and not hijack the system and tap out the hard drive just to install your updates? It's annoying to lose a day of work because you've program the installer to work on solid state drives and...
  5. Windows installer hijacking system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows installer hijacking system: Seriously Microsoft! Can you program your installer to know when it's on a hard drive and not hijack the system and tap out the hard drive just to install your updates? It's annoying to lose a day of work because you've program the installer to work on solid state drives and...
  6. Installing fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installing fonts: I have installed new fonts, they are in the font folder. They never show up in the drop down menu. They only work in Windowblinds. How do I get them to work elsewhere? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-fonts/70cb83e4-c688-47df-9eb5-8ab07f96acbb
  7. Installing Fonts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Fonts: How do I install fonts on win 10 ver. 1903? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-fonts/b05be623-2dcf-4d0b-b2e3-f6cfd0859fca
  8. Font installation

Font installation: I installed some fonts onto my Windows 10 Word program. They appear in my Settings under Fonts exactly as they are supposed to look. But when I select a new font while using Word and type something, the font that shows up as I type is the default font, Calibri. However,...
  9. Installing Fonts

Installing Fonts: I downloaded a few fonts but am unable to copy it into the fonts directory. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-fonts/04c869d2-21ea-4239-b59e-47017b599ce3
  10. Fonts installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fonts installation: I downloaded several fonts, opened and installed them. They are in my fonts folder, but when I try to use them they are not listed in with all the fonts. I tried searching them my name and it doesn't find it either. I looked in the fonts folder and there they are. Why can...