Windows 10: Font keeps uninstalling when rebooting PC and VS code can't use it anymore

Discus and support Font keeps uninstalling when rebooting PC and VS code can't use it anymore in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently installed a font to use with VS code but now, every time I restart my PC, VS code goes back to the default font. Nothing's changed in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SpacewaIker, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Font keeps uninstalling when rebooting PC and VS code can't use it anymore

I recently installed a font to use with VS code but now, every time I restart my PC, VS code goes back to the default font.

Nothing's changed in the settings, but it's like it cannot find it anymore, it has the same behaviour as when you type the name of a font that's not installed. Also, it doesn't appear in the fonts list in the settings anymore. However, other programs like Word can still use the font and if I search for it in the list of fonts of control panel instead of settings, it is still there. The only way I've found of making it work properly again is by reinstalling it by dragging the file into the settings' fonts window and clicking "yes" when a window pops up asking "The 'Fira Code' font is already installed. Do you want to replace it?" but it's quite annoying to have to reinstall the font every time my PC reboots...

Is there a solution to this?

:)

SpacewaIker, Jun 6, 2020

2. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 6, 2020
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Font keeps uninstalling when rebooting PC and VS code can't use it anymore

Font's

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to the size of menu and palettes. We will assist you with it.

Before we proceed, we request you to check the following suggestion and revert to us.

• I suggest you to check if the problem happens with a specific font or with multiple fonts.
    • I suggest you to install the font and check if things work fine after reboot.
    • Check if Windows accessibility setting is turned on.

I suggest you to refer the answers of Mr. Ronnie Vernon, from the following link.

how to change font size under icon in windows 8

Note: The steps provided in the link also applies to Windows 10 as well.

Reply us with the result to assist you better.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Font keeps uninstalling when rebooting PC and VS code can't use it anymore

1. Font keeps uninstalling when rebooting PC and VS code can't use it anymore - Similar Threads - Font keeps uninstalling

2. Windows keeps uninstalling fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps uninstalling fonts: I want to use the JetBrains font for my terminal. It's at https://www.nerdfonts.com/font-downloadsWhat happens:Whenever I shut down and reopen my pc and open the terminal, this error message pops up: Unable to find the selected font 'JetBrainsMono Nerd Font' Consolas has been...
  3. Windows keeps uninstalling fonts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps uninstalling fonts: I want to use the JetBrains font for my terminal. It's at https://www.nerdfonts.com/font-downloadsWhat happens:Whenever I shut down and reopen my pc and open the terminal, this error message pops up: Unable to find the selected font 'JetBrainsMono Nerd Font' Consolas has been...
  4. Can't use Live Server/debugging in VS Code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use Live Server/debugging in VS Code: Stack Overflow Question I asked yesterdayI've been wanting to work on a project on VS Code for a while now but suddenly I'm unable to debug/use a live server on new pages else I get one of a few errors.One of them is "Cannot GET...
  5. Can't use Live Server/debugging in VS Code

Can't use Live Server/debugging in VS Code: Stack Overflow Question I asked yesterdayI've been wanting to work on a project on VS Code for a while now but suddenly I'm unable to debug/use a live server on new pages else I get one of a few errors.One of them is "Cannot GET...
  6. can't run c++ codes in vs code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't run c++ codes in vs code: I watched a bunch of videos on how to run c++ codes in vs code but none of them helped me. I have tried doing a bunch of things like reinstalling vs code, changing task.json and launch.json file, reinstalling mingw files and all that and I still cant run any c++ program and I...
  7. can't run c++ codes in vs code

can't run c++ codes in vs code: I watched a bunch of videos on how to run c++ codes in vs code but none of them helped me. I have tried doing a bunch of things like reinstalling vs code, changing task.json and launch.json file, reinstalling mingw files and all that and I still cant run any c++ program and I...
  8. Font will not uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font will not uninstall: I have a font that seems to be "stuck" in my system. I've uninstalled the font family Open Sans but two of them still remain. They do not show up in the Control Panel font section, but they do show up as an option to use in apps. They seem to display correctly, at least...
  9. Uninstalling a font that can't be uninstalled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalling a font that can't be uninstalled: [ATTACH] Hello, I've got a font that I can't seem to be able to delete. It appears in Settings > Fonts, but there is no uninstall button next to it. And it doesn't appear in C:/Windows/Fonts and neither in the registry list, it's like the font doesn't exist, but yet it's...
  10. Can't install VS Code

Can't install VS Code: I can't install VS Code on my PC. While installing, it shows a message, "Setup was unable to create the directory 'C:\Users\User_Name', Error 5: Access is denied." PS: I changed my username couple of days ago....